Left Field Jeans

scotty2

New to this forum and to raw denim. Here's my first pair after 3 weeks. These are the Left Field Kuroki Mills Chelsea, sold to me by satchel up there!

tyPXJgD.jpg?1

They have broken in very nicely. These are a size 30, and originally I thought they would be a little to big, but the fit is perfect.

Edited by sims06

New to this forum and to raw denim. Here's my first pair after 3 weeks. These are the Left Field Kuroki Mills Chelsea, sold to me by satchel up there!

tyPXJgD.jpg?1

They have broken in very nicely. These are a size 30, and originally I thought they would be a little to big, but the fit is perfect.

Nice fit, welcome!

here's a couple quick shots of my kuroki chelseas. a little less than 4 months pretty much every day. no washes/soaks. the color in the shots isn't perfect but i'm very much enjoying this denim. i have a pair of the 15oz nisshinbos at this same stage. i'll try to get some shots of that to compare.

these are great jeans. they haven't stretched as much as some denim but they've given perfectly and are starting to fade beautifully.

d332245f-237f-42b2-8b46-52d81d60d766_zps

ba0b5d36-296e-4730-9c48-a32350bf6cb7_zps

bc90528b-c269-4e78-803d-6c58e44027a9_zps

391c322c-8185-4ac7-b9b3-707def3cb6ca_zps

Wow Satchel.  The knees on those look amazing.  I don't know why I'm not rocking a pair...

i cuff people's jeans all day...around the shop we call it sucking cuff.  what are you wearing these days pep?

Edited by satchelbmoore

Alright, here's a question:

Is there any reason why the pocket bags are hem locked where the inner part of the bag meets the denim? All of my other jeans have a finished stitched edge at that point. I know it's a really minor detail, but the anal denim freak part of me wants to know haha

Alright, here's a question:

Is there any reason why the pocket bags are hem locked where the inner part of the bag meets the denim? All of my other jeans have a finished stitched edge at that point. I know it's a really minor detail, but the anal denim freak part of me wants to know haha

hey chris.  the selvedge has to get cut at the hip otherwise the waist would be much larger than tagged size.  the overlock prevents the edge from fraying and gives a clean look

hey chris.  the selvedge has to get cut at the hip otherwise the waist would be much larger than tagged size.  the overlock prevents the edge from fraying and gives a clean look

I mean on the inside of the pocket, like under where the coin pocket is. 

oh oh oh.  i see where you're talking about.  it's still just to make sure the edge stays clean and doesn't fray.

But why not fold the denim over and stitch that to the canvas? Sorry if I'm not being clear, I can't find a single picture of what I'm talking about.

Love the cut of the field pants. I think its a good look to have some slack in your pants. That dude is probably thin enough to wear some seriously skinny cuts. Those aren't anti-fit either. They just look solid. Are the ones from the last pics olive or dark khaki?

Hi guys - here are a couple of pictures from the Left Field FW13 Lookbook.

j4P8y5R.jpg

NzhKqZh.jpg

5290Elr.jpg

lQH7To6.jpg

Po5o91A.jpg

O8bFI7D.jpg

cTrq7as.jpg

d9HfREh.jpg

New website will be up soon.   B)

i had dinner with irv last week. i'm psyched for the new site!

Love the cut of the field pants. I think its a good look to have some slack in your pants. That dude is probably thin enough to wear some seriously skinny cuts. Those aren't anti-fit either. They just look solid. Are the ones from the last pics olive or dark khaki?

the ones in the last picture are the olive japanese duck in the miner fit.  olive field pant will be coming soon.

Admittedly a quick uninspired, unoriginal question: what's the verdict on the stretchiness of the black collect denim? The Black Marias (and the previously featured collect denim fades) are the first and only black jeans that have made me do a bona fide double take. Ridiculously cool.

While I'm thrilled that Leftfield and co. added a size 35 to the repertoire, I'm nonetheless still between sizes (34 --> 35) on the Greasers. Any thoughts?  

milehigh,

go with the 35. they run a little small compared to most  denim brands. they will stretch but it take a little bit. pep and christian can probably answer this one better.

Admittedly a quick uninspired, unoriginal question: what's the verdict on the stretchiness of the black collect denim? The Black Marias (and the previously featured collect denim fades) are the first and only black jeans that have made me do a bona fide double take. Ridiculously cool.

While I'm thrilled that Leftfield and co. added a size 35 to the repertoire, I'm nonetheless still between sizes (34 --> 35) on the Greasers. Any thoughts?  

If you think the 34 is too small then probably go with the 35, but that said I'd recommend going for the smallest size you can get buttoned up.  If you can button them from the start they'll stretch to a comfortable place.

Been on the search for the next denim to break in and just snagged a par of the chelsea kuroki 15oz jeans. Wished there were more evo pics of them. Psyched to break them in and hopefully it is the slim fit i am looking for.

Glad you got a pair of the Kuroki's.  Hope they suit you.  Post some pictures up!