Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Damn in Buffalo NY winters you really need different jackets dedicated to winter and fall so I might have to show some restraint. I might give in though in time lol

In any event, I couldnt get comfortable in the 32 Greasers that I had and my other jeans are 17oz and a bit heavy for the summer, so I jumped on the seconds 33 Greasers just now thanks for the heads up!

I'm trying to sell the 32s if anyone wants them. Worn probably 5 times, hemmed to 30", soaked once. No fading but creases from the soaking. If anyone wants them pm me, but I might just donate them or something.

Edited by jmfr

The Black Marias look great.  Those are very ominous inspirations.  I'm holding out for the BlackBlue collab but I'm really itching for some black jeans...

btw what is the process to remove the odor?  I couldn't help but notice the current blacks are odorless.

re. other Left Field, I picked up one of the indigo terry sweatshirts.  I love it.  I was a big fan of Champion when I was a kid (ie when it was still a good brand) and LF has really gone over the top with this shirt, tweaking it into an insanely nice pre-sellout Champion repro.  Nice work.  I decided to shrink it and got 2" out of the chest (1" flat), and just over an inch from the collar-to-bottoms and pit-to-cuff.  No worries -- I'm glad I can just wear it now without bunching or cuffing.  Also, I have big problems with collar bunching and the indigo terry lays perfectly flat across the back of my shoulders.

ps, ADH, check your inbox, I have stuff for you.  Just need to know how much you want.

thanks iyoni, dark days it was for those guys so I guess it's fitting. You said their oderless but how to remove the odor? Thanks for the kind words, I'm doing the indigo terry sweat again for fall and in sweatpants, also some 9 oz indigo jersey tees to add to the collection. C

oh thats part of the charm, they are pure sulphur dye, which is a more expensive process. Most black sulphur dye has an indigo base, but ends up looking like indigo when the Sulphur finish wears off. These are pure black but fade like indigo. C

Hm, interesting info about the indigo base.

Yep, to clarify, I meant what Satchel said.  Just curious how LF removes the sulfur odor from your black jeans before offering them as inventory. 

If anyone is interested in a tailored chino in sz. 34 with cone's beautiful indigo selvage canvas, have a look at my supermarket thread...It's a shame but I am currently selling quite a few stuff in order to raise money. 

edit: sold, thx.

Edited by ThomasK

Got my 33's today... great fit! still slim, but the, uh, boys have room to breathe now compared to the 32s and I think these should *just* stretch out in all the right places. I really dont want to have to send them out to get hemmed :(

i can't find what makes these "seconds" so for $125 im very pleased :D

Edited by jmfr

black magic, no I don't do anything to it, it still smells a little but like I said part of the charm, wish it smelled like Pa.  Anthracite, would make a better story. 

Edited by Left Field

i'm not really sure what you're getting at, however although oil is combustible but remember that it's used in engines without igniting...

edit- this was bugging me so i looked it up. :P the flash point of gasoline is -45*, so its basically flammable at all times during normal use. the flash point of motor oil is around 450*, so if you dropped a match in it, the match would probably extinguish.

/nerdy engineering student.

Edited by jmfr

I really dont want to have to send them out to get hemmed :(

i can't find what makes these "seconds" so for $125 im very pleased :D

send them to me for hemming and you'll still be ahead of the non-seconds peeps.

the first pairs of black Greasers that are coming back to the shop after a few months have some subtle fading (despite some HEAVY wear) and have stretched sufficiently as expected in the waist.

Need help sizing the brown duck miners.

I measure out to a 31- 32 waist. I usually wear a size 30 in most brands, but I usually measure those out to ~32 after they stretch. I picked up the 31s and they are too big. Looking at either size 29 or 30. Both look like they would work, but depending on stretch and the like, I'm not sure which to go for. 

How much stretch can I expect from the brown duck material? I have skinnier legs so I'm slightly leaning to the 29s, but I want them to fit over my boots so the tailored are out.

In addition look for my 31s to hit the supermarket or styleforum or the bay. Worn once.  

gnu,

based on the measurements online, i'd go with the 29. at the shop, i've moved the buttons over on LF chinos where the legs fit well but they were just a little snug in the waist/hip. if you look at how they are constructed you can see there's a lot of room to move the buttons over-- easy, cheap cheat to get some sweet pants to  fit awesome.

in other news, the kuroki 15oz is stretching nicely and getting hairy. awesome.

72BCFAB7-4F79-48C1-8398-D42FB3EA1396-391

Edited by satchelbmoore

Here are a couple of photos of the new Field Pant - coming this September.  For those that have worn Left Field chinos before the fit is similar to the Miner.

The fabric is a heavy 12 oz Calvary twill.  Features Mil Spec buttons and hidden button down flap pockets.

eE4zS4Z.jpg

txgrboB.jpg

iUmBeFv.jpg

C4jvqaq.jpg

These will be available in Olive (pictured) and British Khaki.

Edit:  We also just got a restock on deep navy, black, green, and natural tees.  Heavyweight and Made in the USA of ringspun heathered yarn.  Only $35 bucks!  The natural color will go up on the site tomorrow.

Edited by ADH92

a little 3 week bump for the left field thread. anyone else wearing the new kuroki denim?

1e870ec3-feaf-4d3b-a7a5-df704b4a84e2_zps