Left Field Jeans

scotty2

• 1 month later...

Got some long johns from Choctaw Ridge and I have to say this brand is supremely underrated. In my current closet is the white and indigo long johns along with the white and navy underwear. Some of the best undergarments I have. Both feel substantial, comfortable, and well fitted.. Only thing now is to find some henleys. 

Seriously, get some of their undergarments you won't regret it.

• 3 weeks later...

My Review: 

Fit: Picked up a pair of the Xinjiang 15oz Black Maria greasers in August 2017. Went TTS (38) Glad i did as i bought these before the measurements were posted to the site otherwise i would have got a 36 which would have been great after stretching but after my regimental monthly washes/hang dry they shrunk to size 36 measurements giving me room in the right places so I’m glad i didnt Size down. I would have had problems using my coin/back/front pockets and a early crotch blowout.

P.S you can avoid blowouts alltogether by measuring your crotch (google how or ask your tailor) and buy denim with the right front/back rise that matches your measurments.

Color: I’ve washed these once a month since owning them and they’re still dark with noticeable fades from whiskers and honeycombs in close up shots (post pics later). I perfom one hot wash every 4/5 months on my denim to tighten things back up and it made the jeans blacker? Either way i cant Complain the longer my jeans stay black the better the contrast in the end from wear.

Fabric: durable, crisp, and color retaining is the best way I can describe these. They take a beating; I’ve had sharp objects gash the denim and saw no rips or tears to the fabric, but Somehow i get cut on my skin. I’m starting to think they’re bulletproof lol. The weight works well from summer, fall, and winter without the use of long john underwear. The weave is tight yet airy. They’re always crisp out of a wash allowing new and existing fades to form better.

It’s hard finding REAL slim straight denim and Left Field knocked it out of this world with their offerings. 

DB5600F4-65FC-4783-B95D-5724C73B481B.jpeg

Edited by 7thunders

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 10:00 AM, B^2 said:

Can anyone attest to what kind of stretching there is on the 17 oz. Chelsea Jean?  I'm a size 31 in 3sixteen but I'm afraid the 31's on sale on the site will be too tight for me and unfortunately 32 and 33's are long since sold out.

Good question, wondering th was,e myself 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey. Quick question... I own a pair Indigo Selvedge Twill Chinos and am wondering how much shrink I should expect in the wash? Should I just do a cold soak or is it cool to throw them in the washing machine and the dryer afterward?

Thanks. 

• 4 months later...

LeftField x BlackBlue

https://www.heddels.com/2015/03/left-field-nyc-x-blackblue-black-weft-jeans/

Bought May 2015. Worn 90% of the time since then. 6-8 washes. Love the rise on these jeans (12 front 17 rear on a 33" measured waist)! Only wish the thigh was tiny bit smaller and the rear pocket rivets were in the right place and nippleless!!!

IMG_5338.JPG.28b620f7dbd5b2de7ed23455c117d885.JPG

IMG_5326.JPG.393a9a6dbb9d8df55811f24078c4732a.JPG

IMG_5332.JPG.9869c9e3208f8f344bd54fba5be4cda1.JPG

IMG_5339.JPG.87557cfcf0f002b52592db360e7668f9.JPG

IMG_5336.JPG.6164f9cc48772686bdfc81a3bd9c2aa6.JPG

Edited by givemefive

• 1 month later...

Lots of new jeans have been released by Left Field over the past few months. I picked up a pair of Kevlar jeans and had to go up a size cause they were tight. After a few wears and long rides though they have come to fit like my other Atlas pairs.

My next pair is gonna be the natural indigo/hemp denim for sure. They have such a crazy variegation in color that I havent seen before. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 9:57 PM, ecsong187 said:

The contest is not happening. I’m Having my own contest haha 

I'm in need of a new pair of jeans so if anyone wants to put together a contest I'd be interested!

• 4 months later...

Left Field muleskinner from the first batch, 14oz Nihon Menpu denim, 12oz blanket lining. Owned for 5 years now, worn pretty frequently, few times a week during cooler weather. Lost count of the washes but I would guess maybe 6-7 times. Got a hole in one of the pockets and the cuffs are starting to fray a bit but it still going strong and I have no plan on retiring it, still one of my favorites. Last pic is from the day I got it for comparison.

IMG_20200130_110429.jpg

IMG_20200130_110305.jpg

IMG_20200130_110505.jpg

IMG_20200130_110245.jpg

JhykdI2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a pair of the "Prison Blues" work union jeans. Mt Vernon 15oz denim. I cant speak highly enough about the denim and Left Fields construction overall. 

Full outfit pictured:

Salt & pepper work uniform jacket

Dustbowl work shirt

Work uniform jeans 

Left field tube socks

Work uniform black pocket T-shirt

PF Flyers.

20200318_134135.jpg

20200317_151633.jpg

20200317_151642.jpg

20200318_134110.jpg

Edited by itschrisb

On 3/14/2019 at 5:43 PM, ecsong187 said:

Anyone interested in a Left Field contest? I’ll post more details on the cut/denim as ship date approaches 

Not sure how I missed this but we should definitely get a Left Field contest rolling!

• 1 year later...

Quick pic of a washed and tumbled comparison between NOS White Oak and new Vidalia. Not sure if rag & bone used the same Vidalia that Left Field is using, but a sharp contrast in look to these fabrics. The White Oak does not shrink nearly as much as the VIdalia (both sold as Sanforized). But in looking at the textures of the fabrics, it appears that the Vidalia is less processed after weaving (there are a few more steps other than just Sanforizing that White Oak did to their fabrics) so it would make sense. Vidalia is hairier, but nothing compares with that in-house dye of White Oak. It's so warm, so rich, so red. It's exactly what I want from American blue jeans. Looking forward to giving these LF a run while I wear my Vidalia's at work. Cheers.

PXL_20211022_132831808.jpg

• 9 months later...