Left Field Jeans

scotty2

We are heading back to my hometown Philly to do a trunk show with Redwing Boots at Franklin & Poe this saturday from 12-7 in Fishtown. There will be free beer and bourbon and first 50 people there will get a free bandanna, hope to see all the Philly brethren! 

bourbon

trunkshow.jpg

@Left Field Really looking forward to this ill be swinging by after work! Do you happen to know if they stock any Charles Atlas I really want to pick up a pair if I can.

Heres my 16.5oz Kerouac Chinos before I gave them a wash. If anyone is interested in them Im trying to donate them. sz33 theyll need a repair in the crotch. Pay shipping and theyre yours!

20170214_111812.jpg

20170214_111832.jpg

Stopped by the trunk show last night and walked away with a pair of Charles Atlas Nihon Menpu jeans along with a Crew neck with the skull embroidery. The fit for the Charles Atlas is perfect for me. 

You can see the subtle slubs in the denim. Ill get more pictures later. 

20170507_161310.jpg

First day of decent natural lighting in a while so I figured I'd take some pictures of my Black Maria Chelseas before I give them another wash. These are the 15 oz version. I've had them for maybe a little under two years. Honestly haven't kept much track of time and washes, but they're getting to the point where the fabric is really starting to "open up" if that makes sense. The close-up shots are more representative of the true color. Probably the sturdiest jeans I've had. One of the hidden rivets is just barely starting to poke out in the last shot. Been eyeing a black Mule Skinner for a while and I might go for it soon! 

IMG_3343.JPG

IMG_3344.JPG

IMG_3345.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

IMG_3347.JPG

IMG_3349.JPG

Edited by orchestrion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Christian/Leftfield,
is there any updates on whether you guys will be restocking the Collect Mills Black Maria Chelsea? I just got into a wicked car accident and the EMTs cut off my beautifully battered 4 year old pair. I'm glad I'm all right from the crash, but losing those jeans just breaks my heart so I'm looking to get a new pair to hopefully recreate those fit/fades I loved.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a pair of LF Greaser in Xinjiang 14.5oz cotton. So far I've put about 3weeks worth of wear in and took the them to my tailor to get the waist taken in (darts) having a slender waist makes every pair of jeans too big in the waist regardless of brand. I thought of sizing down to a 36 in these but I couldn't risk trying to fit 28-29" thighs in pants meant to fit 27" and hoping for stretch. I'm happy going TTS. I love the higher rise, it doesn't make me look short and stumpy like other brands of jeans I've owned before and shows off nicely where my height comes from. The inseam is plenty long for my height (6'4)  post 2" cuff without making me look shorter and still keep the fit looking neat. I was a fan of nudie's steady Eddie fit because of the excellent thigh room and taper but the Greaser has easily replaced them since the nudies forced me to wear them on my hips. I plan on getting the Black Marias next because of the great fit. 

As for stretch, I got the waist taken in after week 2 without soaking, and it has been fine ever since, no more major stretching has occurred and I only imagine once I soak or wash it will tighten up nicely. thighs barely stretched because they were comfy to begin with, knee bag is minimal. I estimate the leg opening will shrink a bit so I was ok with them being about .1" larger than I'm used to.

the only quirk I had with my pair was I had a long streak going down the left leg from the pocket to shin area. Not noticeable when worn but I think it looks cool. I wonder if it will cover up with a soak/wash once loose indigo runs over it or stick out more after a future soak/wash. Time will tell..

IMG_1271.PNG

IMG_1274.PNG

IMG_1275.PNG

IMG_1276.PNG

IMG_1277.PNG

IMG_1331.JPG

if you're worried about the thighs being an issue, consider the charles atlas cut. made for guys with beyonce like legs

also, what do you call a singing computer?

Edited by llvlaglne

4 hours ago, llvlaglne said:

if you're worried about the thighs being an issue, consider the charles atlas cut. made for guys with beyonce like legs

also, what do you call a singing computer?

The greaser has plenty room for me. Top block on both were about the same I've just learned through trial and error that I need to stay between 8.2-8.6" leg openings or the fabric will rub or hug my calves in weird way.

what do you call a singing computer?

• 2 weeks later...

@hobocho sorry to hear that man, shame your health insurance won't cover that.  We are trying a 15 oz Xinjiang which I just got in the sample and looks great, nice thick and spongy soft cotton from the extra long staple cotton. Good new's is we dropped the price on this to $180. I think you will really like the denim plus it will have the new hardware on it that I recently posted on instagram. 

On 7/13/2017 at 7:40 PM, Left Field said:

@hobocho sorry to hear that man, shame your health insurance won't cover that.  We are trying a 15 oz Xinjiang which I just got in the sample and looks great, nice thick and spongy soft cotton from the extra long staple cotton. Good new's is we dropped the price on this to $180. I think you will really like the denim plus it will have the new hardware on it that I recently posted on instagram. 

Oh nice, is the new Xinjiang going to be black?

forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread (search yielded nothing), but are there plans to bring the indigo sweats back?  I feel a greater need to lounge in sweats than i did back then.

• 2 weeks later...

@Neilz4 we just got them today should be up today or tomorrow but the waist is spot on. 

@HGS sold out and out of fabric we have some Large left in Heather grey. 

lots of new denim, really nice quality under $180 in all fits. Trying to make things more affordable in a unsettled economy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had the chance to hang with my buddy Victor, @selvedge1 on instagram, and he let me take some shots of my Collect Black Marias. They're retired now, but I recently got a pair of the Xianxing Charles Atlas that are absolutely killer. The new details and lower price really make these guys unbeatable as far as black denim goes.

GiVIyJx.jpg

oTECwP5.jpg?1g2b3Tte.jpg?2

yFXEQl4.jpg?1

On October 23, 2017 at 8:46 PM, BrennenCooke said:

Had the chance to hang with my buddy Victor, @selvedge1 on instagram, and he let me take some shots of my Collect Black Marias. They're retired now, but I recently got a pair of the Xianxing Charles Atlas that are absolutely killer. The new details and lower price really make these guys unbeatable as far as black denim goes.

GiVIyJx.jpg

oTECwP5.jpg?1g2b3Tte.jpg?2

yFXEQl4.jpg?1

I'm sure you've already said this somewhere else on here, but do you remember the amount of wear/ washes on these bad boys? I bought a pair of Xinjiang Black Maria Greasers about two months back due large in part to your very sweet jawnz. Just wondering how long the fades take!

16 hours ago, albmuzquiz said:

I'm sure you've already said this somewhere else on here, but do you remember the amount of wear/ washes on these bad boys? I bought a pair of Xinjiang Black Maria Greasers about two months back due large in part to your very sweet jawnz. Just wondering how long the fades take!

Ah man, I've honestly lost track. I'd say 15ish months of actual wear? Tons of washes - I just throw them in the machine whenever they're dirty. Keep in mind these guys were Collect so YMMV.

My Xinjiang pair hasn't seen much in the way of fades yet but I'm excited to see where they end up in a year or so. Keep us posted on your pair too!