Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Some sick shots and fades guys, damn jealous of all the beautiful parks and wildlife some of you got to experience this summer, got a little at Glacier National Park a year ago and longing for more adventure and wilderness. 

Andrew always killer shots, and the glacier and Moose picts are stellar! thanks for the tight close up shots really turned out well, what camera were you using? That climb on the rock wall looks dope. Have you seen Valley Uprising on Netflix, it was so inspirational really makes you think about what's important in life. 

Pizzacrust great overall fades on the Black Marias, nice patina and honeycombs are killer. 

Brennen really great update shots, nice whiskering on the thighs. The Tetons looked insane so jealous of you guys, Queens was a sweaty armpit this summer if I wasn't on the beach in the Rockaways.  That darn turned out pretty sick, props to your friend! 

Performed Beef, that's one massive cliff face in Wyoming must feel good to get out of the city for some fresh mountain air. 

Well we are heading into the final stretch and want to bring everyone in for the final post on Oct 6. We started on October 6 so might as well do the full circle.  Please don't post final picts before the 6th, so we can view them all together in one string. I will send out the mass email again to notify everyone who signed up but must post on the 6th to be eligible for the closing ceremony and prizes. Here is the original list of 25 participants. As said before consistent participation and posting is a big factor in the decision since at the end of the day it's all about the community here on SUFU. 

Sufu                       Reddit

1) andrewrose             ------

2) ---------                  Shitsquatgrillypumpo

3) ---------                   avoidexposure.

4) Performed Beef      ---------------

5) crogers0031           ---------------

6) Cool Hand Luke     absolut696

7) rok__                      rok__

8) -----------               --------------           Geo

9) ------------             CS027

10) -----------             jamezpham

11) ----------               LickSquid

12 -----------              YahooEmail

13) ----------               MadJamz

14) 5010_                     ------------              

15)   tsxser                   tsxser

16) ------------             -----------         Larry Weaver

17) ------------             irrenhouse

18) ------------             ------------        Nicholas K

19) Theone                 ------------

20) pcalabro               pcalabro

21) whiskeyriver         whiskeyriver

22) -------------           anerdyasian

23) -------------           brucenasty

24)  Vultureparade      -------------

25) itschrisb               -------------

Thank you all for your participation in the contest and the support from the SUFU community we are eternally grateful! Christian

Here is my pair of Black Maria Greasers one year and three washes later. I may not be able to post fit pics until I get off work tonight so I hope those fit pics are still eligible.

igprdgd.jpg

oamg3Aw.jpg

6cC5ITA.jpg

Em0onND.jpg

Some detailed shots of the honeycombs (left and right respectively):

3tcHWzz.jpg

8Mrn5x4.jpg

Here's some of the roping that started to form on the cuffs, both front and back. You can also see some of the stacks on the front and back too:

We1PgEa.jpg

55QPG0n.jpg

OiI0brx.jpg

x2a1t5K.jpg

Alright guys - this is gonna be a long one.

These jeans have been at the foot of my bed every morning for over a year now. They've gotten beat to shit right alongside me. They've seen both coasts - New York & Los Angeles. Three national parks. Two universities, three majors, two girlfriends, and three jobs. They're my all time favorite piece of clothing. Its been a year but I'm excited to see where they end up in a few more.

I go through a ton of different phases with my fashion and I've been able to change up how I wear these guys to fit each. When I started the contest they were a much looser fit on me and I wore em with a pretty chunky cuff. I also had a really shitty cell phone camera & didn't know how to work SuperFuture (I still don't).

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/76272-left-field-jeans/?p=3192568

In the next few months after that I bulked up a bit and transitioned to a higher (maybe too high) cuff.

And now, a year in, I've been wearing them chopped off at the hem and I think I dig it.

Anyways - this is the final update. Its a little difficult to see the contrast in some of the pics but its wild how gray these have gotten. The vertical fading is definitely my favorite part of this fabric. They way some areas of the jeans are still inky black is also a really cool feature. Basically all of the hardware on my pair has lost the black coating and are sitting at a really bad ass looking copper color. 

I guess that is all from me. I just want to say to all of the guys that participated - it was awesome getting to know you a bit and good luck!

And to @Leftfield - thanks for hosting this contest & and for always making killer shit.

zqVd6xn.jpgnC7vxSq.jpg5kFkjWM.jpgQ9toC51.jpgBl5cZaK.jpg69jM884.jpgpIU28ED.jpgETup1yN.jpgil6lzo5.jpg5rRvmH2.jpg

Black Maria Chelsea - Final Update - participant #12

These had 4 washes, all done by hand with detergent in the bathtub and hang dried.

I wore them everyday they weren't being washed or repaired - about 325 days total.

I’ll have lots of good memories of these jeans - this was a big transition year for me (that seemed to be a theme for a number of us in the contest).

Thank you LFNYC, the Sufu community, and all the participants !!!

-Jason

IMmBWKq.jpg

aUKT5eb.jpg

eYor8G3.jpg

o3bCvZ8.png

KqQczlT.jpg

76wLsYH.jpg

AndpzhW.jpg

1DiixU7.jpg 

Chelsea, 1 year, 3 washes

Denim: soft and comfy, loads of grain and texture. Charcoal grey is a far cry from where they started

Front pockets: still useless, stupid tight

Back pockets: perfect, easily accessible, wallet showed no mercy

Hardware: someone actually complimented the top button once, but the worn-away matte black is where it's at. Skulls are sick

Sulfur scent: gone :( 

I didn't get the cool combs but I still stop and stare at the top block.

mov9dfX.jpgo63SdmG.jpg9tkMSlq.jpgYVbvae2.jpgcIhlYFv.jpg0E35Wgu.jpglYaN5T7.jpgklALcFM.jpg

And a final action shot, at altitude in Idaho:

LidMcTC.jpg

I think I'm done backpacking for the season.

@performedbeef

that last picture is just incredible.

Wow, so many great fades! All of y'alls jeans have evolved incredibly. I don't stand a chance   :laugh:

Sorry I haven't been too active the past few months. Since I've been back home from Thailand I've been working as an intern, trying to bust my butt for a full time job. It's been a bit loco trying to balance work, hobbies, and social life. Being abroad I had more personal responsibilities but back home feels more like the real world. Everything's busy but things are going well. Good news! I got a raise today with an extended contract. A few more dollars are nice and I know the people above like my work. Also I've been riding my motorcycle a lot. It's the best part of my day every day.

Anyways, here's my submission. sz 30 Greasers-30in inseam (ht: 5 9", wt: 160lb), ~250 wears, ~5 washes. I wasn't able to give em a wash before the deadline but I'll get pics of em after the contest

The jeans straight up:

NSdRuaU.jpg

hBT1eeA.jpg

nobQJ4M.jpg

Some fit pics:

seSBhZS.jpg

boOMtew.jpg

tuBGzjO.jpg

Details:

I0Ub7Is.jpg

WMY4f4o.jpg

WgI99T5.jpg

How I feel now that I can wear indigo again:

qk3DxlN.jpg

Thanks to Left Field for holding this contest and being generous to the participants. Good luck with the judging.. you'll need it lol

Edited by brucenasty

To all participants, I posted my final pics on the last page (102) right before Christian asked us to post 'em today.  I let him know, so please hit back one to check them out...  I had an estimated ~280 days of wear, and washed one time only, right at the end.  And it was a pleasure to get to know the other participants.  A pretty interesting and cool group of people!

Really enjoyed the contest- I am a slow fader compared to some of you, despite the number of wears I had!  And really enjoyed the denim- I will definitely be purchasing from @Leftfield again!  And to answer your question Christian, it is a Olympus XZ-2, now several years old, but still doing a good job.  I have seen Valley Uprising and enjoyed it, Lynn Hill was a customer at my last job and she actually lent me her personal copy!  How cool is that?!?

Day 1:

Indian%2BLookout%2B008.JPG

Day ~280, post wash:

denim%2B087.jpg

thanks for all the post and commitment to this contest, really makes all the struggles worthwhile to see people this dedicated, much respect. We will post winners and final comments monday. Until then many thanks and enjoy the weekend! C

This is always the hard part because so many good dudes to pick from but we have come to a decision.  Again the decision was a combination of wear/fading  and participation, photos/post. 

1)PizzaCrust

2)AndrewRose

3)BrennenCooke

It was very close race so difficult choice. For all that posted their final results Oct 6 we will be sending you a 30% off coupon for another pair of jeans that you can use anytime since you all might be in need of one after a year of hard wear.  The top three winner please send us your best fade pict to post on instagram with your instagram handle so we post the winners there as well.  We want to sincerely thank everyone that participated in this contest and SUFU for allowing a platform like this to exist for all us denim heads. Please continue to be active and send us any good fade picts of any jeans or chinos to post on Instagram to [email protected]

much obliged! Christian

@Pizza, @Brennen - congrats to you both!  @Christian - thank you, and thank you for the fun contest.  Thanks sufu for hosting....

And thanks to all of the other competitors.  As many of you have said, it was nice to get to virtually know you and get a peek into your lives.  It's pretty neat to know that we all started with the same product, yet got visibly different results in the end due to fit, wear patterns, and washing/soaking.  I had a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

Been wearing a pair of the selvedge indigo Bedford Cord miners just about every day recently. They're probably my most complemented pants already - they stand out just enough.

This is actually my first pair of Left Field chinos but I gotta say these things are really impressive. Great details; the metal buttons and giant twill pocket bags are something else. The fabric is also so impressive. Just the right weight. A very dark blue indoors, but outside it pops to a lighter shade and you can even see a hint of red mixed in.

The fit is a nice change of pace - its definitely fuller without looking baggy. I picked up a size 30, the smallest one Left Field makes, but I probably could've gone down even further were it an option. I think next round I'll be trying the Kerouac. 

VazKtGvl.jpg

jn4YQxGl.jpg

@ Brennen- I was looking at a pair of those as well, but the waist may be too big in the smallest size.  Have you found them to have stretched out much?  I may do a pair of the French Blue Chinos, but been having some trouble deciding between the two!

Yea when I picked these guys up the waist was about perfect, but they've stretched a decent amount over the past few days. If you plan on keeping a belt on its really not a big deal. Also, these sit really high up on the waist because of the rise so I really have to cinch my belt down an extra notch.

Got a new pair of the indigo dyed sweatpants since my old pair had always been too big and have now stretched out to be hilariously large. Wore them for about 2 years, tons of washes and trips through the dryer. 

kNlTFec.jpg

How do these guys compare to something from Reigning Champ? I'm definitely interested. The way they've faded is super cool.

Also, those embroidered tee's LF put up today are calling my name. 

• 3 weeks later...

As a new yorker im embarrassed to say it has taken me a number of years to get over to the LF shop in Ridgewood. Finally got over there last week and took the plunge on a pair of greasers.....love the rise!!!...quality of construction is superb

Shop was great and Christian and Co were very helpful....

And in first world problem news, it looks like i have yet another pair to figure out how to work into the rotation...or supplant some some regulars...

Edited by kbuzz

As an update to my last pos, I broke out the S/p miners last night. Wow, the fabric is unique but they are ultra comfortable. Stellar and  I think i like them even more then the greasers....lol

Not really, apples to oranges...but i am getting into the larger thigh on the greasers.....which is always skinny folks are sensitive to

Just copped:

9oz Charcoal miners

Hemp/Cotton pocket tee in Natural and Navy Stripe

White pocket tube tee

All in all, I cannot wait for them to arrive!

new Indigo and grey terry sweatpants coming next week, they were sized down twice to account for the stretch in the heavy terry.  Take 10% off the shop until Sunday night with blacktuesday10. Happy Turkey Day all! 

Any chance you guys are going to bring back indigo dyed hoodies and eventually any olive/hunter green selvedge chinos in the Miner fit?

Edited by Campagnolo

• 2 weeks later...