Left Field Jeans

scotty2

@Pizzacrust- looking good!  Hope you are having an awesome time!

This is the 9 month plus update.  Sorry I am a little late.  I love my new job, but it is alot of studying.  I have ~600 flashcards made in 5 weeks.  Anyway, it's been taking up alot of my free time. 

I've shot photos 3x now but just not getting good light or something.  So these don't look 100% representative of how they look in person (save for the last photo).  I am still getting 5+ days/week of wear, though largely sitting at work.  Ah well...  Estimate 210ish wears now, still untouched by water.  Definitely going the whole year without washing at this point, don't know if anyone else has....

Blk%2Bmaria%2B001.JPG

Blk%2Bmaria%2B004.JPG

Blk%2Bmaria%2B012.JPG

Looking a little blurry there... think it's the low shutter speed.  But this is more how they look color wise at this time.  The other two photos make it look like they've gotten darker from the last time I posted!

Been enjoying the outdoors of course.  No photos this time, but have logged some pretty long days.  Two weeks ago finally broke a marathon in distance, going 26.5 miles in a day.  Not bad!

@pizza- great suggestion!  I finally joined the modern world and got a smart phone two weeks ago.  Now I can actually use apps!

@mikecch- forgot to say those things look amazing!

I took some more photos today at work (fluorescent light).  They came out alot better....

image%25281%2529.jpg

image%25282%2529.jpg

image%25283%2529.jpg

image.jpg

Here's a few mountain pics too, in chronological order (snow to no snow).

TaylorGlacierpasty.jpg

Looking down from the top of Taylor Glacier.  Approximately 1200 feet of climbing, with sustained climbing in the 60 degree range, maxing out near 70 degrees, approximately 6 ft tall vertical headwall.  The most difficult snow climb I have ever done.

TwinSisters%2B029.JPG

Looking from Twin Sister Peak West to Twin Sisters Peak East.  Note the two people on top for perspective!

CCY%252B%252B%2B034.JPG

Dropping down to Hazeline Lake.  This lake is approximately 6 miles from the nearest trailhead, and there is no trail to it.  I took a longer way that had a shorter drive. 

Comanche%2B089.JPG

This photo was taken a week later about 2.25 miles east of Hazeline Lake from Flint Pass.  Quite beautiful.

Mchenrys%2Bnotch%2B010.JPG

And this one was taken just yesterday from Hallett Peak.  I'd already done Flattop Mountain, and continued on the ridge to visit Otis Peak (the shorter lump in the center), Taylor Peak (the tallest, ramp like peak), Powell Peak (small high point to the left of the largest snowfield, which is Taylor Glacier), and McHenrys Peak (the next high point to the left of Powell with the thin ribbon of snow near the top).  Also pictured to the left of that are Chiefshead Peak, Pagoda Mountain, and Longs Peak.

Edited by andrewrose

• 2 weeks later...

After 3 months of saying I would do it I finally got the chance to take some decent fit pictures a few days ago. Since we're rapidly closing in on 12 months I figured I'd just make this post a big one.

Since my last post these guys have seen one more wash - although this time in a machine on hot. This caused the jeans to tighten up a bit and shrink in length a little. It honestly brought them up maybe a touch too high for my preference but its not a big deal at all. Looking back to my fit pictures at the beginning of the contest its weird to see how much better the jeans fit me now - maybe I bulked up a bit. The repairs Left Field did are holding up quite well but my crotch has blown out again (in a different place) and I'm starting to get holes showing up where I keep my knife and actually in the whiskers on the top block.

Anyways, in all of these pictures I'm wearing a Left Field tee and Iron Rangers.WZqCXWp.jpg?1

UbnNRjd.jpg?1z8ORr6W.jpg?1

Still wish I had a little more definition in the combs like some of you guys managed. Oh well, maybe when I graduate to an 18oz pair in a few months!

tRpEV4A.jpg?1ZOzLiLA.jpg?1QAgizuD.jpg?1W5twzCa.jpg?1

I really like that the selvedge line ended up fading through.

GvnYkHW.jpg?2

Pretending to tie my boot in this one.

hVEXHyy.jpg?1

You can sort of see how the cuff is beginning to tear in this picture. Also a pair of CHUP x 3Sixteen socks.

Anyways, 

@Andrew, @Pizza - I'm jealous of your guys' locations recently. Beautiful stuff.

@Brennen: One of the best updates of the whole contest! They look amazing on you

here is my 10 month update

IMG_20160807_110110.jpg

IMG_20160807_110134.jpg

I've been looking into getting some new blue jeans for the fall - and I'm realizing I've taken for granted the high back rise on the Chelsea ... LFNYC has some of the highest back rise cuts out there, especially for a slim/tapered cut. I feel like I'm getting a wedgie with some of these other brands I've checked out. 

Sorry if its been asked before, but could not find anything from a quick search.  

Can anyone comment on the crew neck Tee shirt size.  The web pics make it look very large, and not sure if its the model, the shirt or something else....i generally like a tighter neck....but I'm on the skinny side...thanks

Sorry if its been asked before, but could not find anything from a quick search.  

Can anyone comment on the crew neck Tee shirt size.  The web pics make it look very large, and not sure if its the model, the shirt or something else....i generally like a tighter neck....but I'm on the skinny side...thanks

I have a bunch of their tees, and have been wearing them for a few years. The measurements on their site indicate after wash and drying in the machine, but they start out a lot bigger than that. They easily stretch a lot throughout the day as well (sweat and pulling) most likely due to the nature of the jersey fabric.

The model probably sized up on his, just order your chest size knowing that it'll stretch throughout the day. They are pretty short and boxy, and the neck opening isn't narrow like TFH or SG, but it's enough for me. The main reason why I keep on wearing them is cause they're super comfortable compared to my other tees, and I dig the boxy silhouette. 

@Pizza - thanks my man, I really appreciate that. Your pair is looking great too! Those knees!

I also feel the same way about the rise on Left Field's jeans. It used to be a measurement I never really paid much attention to but I just don't feel as comfortable in my other pairs nowadays. The Chelsea cut is definitely my favorite so far.

What new pairs are you looking at?

@Kbuzz - like Hobocho was saying, the tees do fit a little boxy and they are sized to be washed and dried first. Hes also right that they stretch out a bit but a wash brings them in nicely.

I'm wearing a Left Field tee in Medium in my pictures above. I'm about 6ft and 170lbs. The neck hole is a little wider than some of the other tees I have from 3Sixteen, and the body is shorter. The sleeves don't hug my arm as tight either, so I usually roll em up once or twice. They can be a little billowy in the lower back because they are tubular, but I actually like that about them. Gives them a cool look and stands out subtlely.

Quality wise all of mine are spot on. No loose stiches and they all wash and dry well. Had some for over a year and the collars and sleeves haven't warped at all. Although - I picked up a navy shirt a few months ago and it doesn't fit as well as my olives, blacks, or gray (which I recently stained and ruined). For some reason it seems to have shrunk a bit too much or something and I hardly ever wear it now.

@Pizza - thanks my man, I really appreciate that. Your pair is looking great too! Those knees!

I also feel the same way about the rise on Left Field's jeans. It used to be a measurement I never really paid much attention to but I just don't feel as comfortable in my other pairs nowadays. The Chelsea cut is definitely my favorite so far.

What new pairs are you looking at?

Samurai 710xx19oz and 3sixteen SL-130 were the cuts that seemed good other than wedgie feeling ... I might just be spoiled with the rear rise on the Chelsea 

@Brennan- Pizza is right, looking good!  I need to get the lady to take some fit pics for me.  I've been saying that for awhile now too.  Glad you didn't make them into jorts, and I've been feeling your pain.  It's been pretty hot here this summer.  

@Pizza- Knees are awesome.  Combs looking great as well.  You got a bunch of very tight crisp looking folds there.  Digging it!

I agree on the rear rise, but at the same time my butt must be pretty small because that is a place they feel a little baggy on me.  Then again, I think I should've sized down one more from what I did.  They've definitely stretched alot.  I didn't measure at first, but the tagged 31 waist is now at 32.5 and I can fit a hand in between me and the jeans.  Then then again, for the next two months I will be at about the leanest I will be all year.

I've been thinking about what next too.  Definitely thinking about something heavier weight for the winter.  The new SExSG look interesting.  Also been looking at some IH666.  Also thinking the next WHWDC will start next spring, and it would be fun to participate in that, so don't know what to do in the time being.  Anyway....

Aiguille%2Bde%2BFleur%2B129.JPG

Aiguille%2Bde%2BFleur%2B130.JPG

Aiguille%2Bde%2BFleur%2B133.JPG

Aiguille%2Bde%2BFleur%2B138.JPG

Some Nizzle inspired closeups:

Aiguille%2Bde%2BFleur%2B136.JPG

Aiguille%2Bde%2BFleur%2B137.JPG

Aiguille%2Bde%2BFleur%2B141.JPG

cont'd...

And some mountain photos for you.  Last week I set personal bests in time elapsed(17h43m), distance(30.02m), and elevation gain(9700ft).

Sunrise- 6:00am.

Nakai%2B001.JPG

Sunset: 8:16pm.  Both seen from above 12,000 feet.

Nakai%2B164.JPG

Yesterday I met a moose.  Mating season is not yet upon us, and he didn't seem to mind my presence.

Aiguille%2Bde%2BFleur%2B019.JPG

Then climbed Aiguille de Fleur, seen here from Lake Verna.

Aiguille%2Bde%2BFleur%2B033.JPGAnd then visited East Inlet Falls.  Though close to a trail, this was a difficult bushwhack.  But it was in this amazing amphitheater.  I estimate the rock face on the left to be 100 ft high.

Aiguille%2Bde%2BFleur%2B097.JPGTwo more months to go.  Looking forward to seeing the final product from you guys!

Edited by andrewrose

Here's another quick cell phone pic update guys. The contest will be over for me in a few days here at the start of September - so bizzare to think that an entire year has gone by already. I'm going to try to take some nicer pictures for my final update so that I can go out with a bang, but my camera is currently with my pops a few cities over so that may not happen.

Anyways - first day of this semester today. My classes don't seem to bad this round but I'm working a few days a week at 6am so I'm sure that will start taking its toll on me. Moved into a new apartment recently hence the tile flooring that makes my jeans look real short.

Recently spent a few days camping up in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone so my jeans were filthy and the crotch blowout is gigantic. As it stands right now I kinda don't feel comfortable wearing them out. I  might try to do some home repairs just to hold them over for a few more days...

Pics:

Indoor shots with funky lighting

ClpaIIsl.jpg?1

JUy5KYyl.jpg?1GMdHgoJl.jpg

WuMpQSVl.jpg

CRm8Ahil.jpgUtQ06TZl.jpg

Some outdoor natural light shots:

OphTyzxl.jpg

3gzuKW0l.jpg

Here are some shots from last week in Wyoming:

70NIsyzl.jpg

C7kEhXVl.jpg

I think I was actually more impressed with my time in the Tetons than I was with Yellowstone. The whole vibe just felt much less touristy - although maybe I just didn't see the right things.

@Andrew - those are some awesome close up shots. Jeans look really great. And those mountain photos are stellar. I saw a moose for the first time last week and it was pretty wild how massive it was. Pictures really don't convey that well.

• 2 weeks later...

11 month update

A little progress since last month ... got a blowout starting on the right knee 

I've still been looking into some blue-jeans for the fall (most likely will be getting some 18 oz Black Marias too) ... these were a 29 with a true 29 waist and it looks like my waist actually measures a 31 now - the top block on these was super tight at first last year, but stretched out a lot - probably will size up to a 30 on my next pair

acc7703a-ecaa-4c5f-ba43-f81e004b15ec.jpg

61ce4e47-5ec7-4544-8511-a498f59d5ad3.jpg

@BrennenCooke @pizza really awesome, both of you got the wear in the combs I wish I had

What a coincidence, I also have some Wyoming photos. Near Lonesome Lake in the Wind River Range. Awkward fit pic first:

xU9O11z.jpg

etTu1DU.jpg

Will have to get some good ones for end of the contest next month. As discussed, direct sunlight is not the answer. Not much going on behind the knees, but the whiskers are fucking gorgeous. I think my favorite part is the buttons at the fly, which have had their matte black highlights polished to an awesome shine.

Edited by performedbeef

@ performedbeef, brennen, pizza- all looking great!  Pretty cool to see some out and about shots in some beautiful scenery as well...

Here we are with only a month to go!  I will wash for the first time when we hit October, taking photos before and after.  I'm interested to see how they will look afterwards.  Anyway....

Bryant%2B004.JPG

Bryant%2B008.JPG

Bryant%2B012.JPG

Bryant%2B015.JPG

Bryant%2B018.JPG

Bryant%2B019.JPG

Those were all taken last week outside in shade.  I took these today inside using natural light.  Thought they looked almost indigo in these ones....

Bryant%2B047.JPG

Bryant%2B049.JPG

Bryant%2B051.JPG

I finally decided on something and have a pair of Samurai's 18 anniversary on the way, purchased from 2nd on Rakuten.  They look pretty interesting, and at 18oz raw, will be a bit heavier for winter. 

And some mountain photos for you all!

The route I soloed in trail running shoes to reach the top of Noel's Knob, 5.4.

NoelsKnobroute.JPG

A face in the rock near the summit of Mount Olympus.

Olympus%2B007.JPG

A pine framed by a gate to private property between Crosier Mountain and West Crosier.

Olympus%2B050.JPG

A very pretty meadow area en route to Crosier Mountain.

Olympus%2B074.JPG

Hart Ridge, Lead Mountain, Never Summer Peak, and Mount Richthofen (way in the background).  These peaks are all in the Never Summer range, which forms the western border of Rocky Mountain National Park.

nevernosummer%2B027.JPG

Pinnacle Pool, 11300 feet.  The last of 141 named bodies of water I have visited within Rocky Mountain National Park.  Some were more difficult to reach than many of the peaks!

nevernosummer%2B010.JPG

These guys have been sitting on my shelf looking sad since my last update but luckily I finally got to try my hand at darning yesterday evening. I sucked so my friend took over and did a really great job in my opinion.

Here is a before and after:

36CFVk1m.jpg?2

I also decided I wasn't a huge fan of the super high cuffs so I chopped the hem off right at the break. Its probably a divisive look but I'm a fan for now.

7s6Hba5m.jpg?1

eDwijwsm.jpg

Since I'm technically a little bit past one year now I really need to find the time to submit some final fade pictures. I'm just absolutely stacked with school and work recently. I picked up a second job at a local men's store in Austin - my first time in retail but I think I like it so far. 

Awesome fit pic @performedbeef - that's wallpaper worthy for sure.

@andrew it looks like your fades are really starting to pop out recently! Cool mountain photography as well. How do you find so much time to go hiking / exploring around like that?

@ Brennen- that repair job looks very well done! 

I find/make time to get outside because it is important to me.  It helps that I have off 3 days a week, am not in school, don't have any kids, and have a very understanding wife!  As long as I spend one of my days off with her, she seems okay with me doing whatever on the other two. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gents,

With just a few days left, I decided to go ahead and wash yesterday.  If you don't remember, this is the Chelsea fit in a waist 31, and I have not washed or soaked for the entire year of wear.  I am guessing somewhere around 280 days of wear in that time....

Prewash-

BC%2BHP%2B033.jpg

denim%2B025.jpg

denim%2B026.jpg

denim%2B027.jpg

denim%2B029.jpg

denim%2B030.jpg

Post wash (machine on hot, pulled before spin cycle, rolled up in towel to remove excess moisture, then in drier on low until dry)-

denim%2B035.jpg

denim%2B037.jpg

denim%2B039.jpg

denim%2B041.jpg

contd....

Annnnd (sorry to blow you up) fit pics...

denim%2B087.jpg

denim%2B088.jpg

As you can see, my dogs who are also fading from black to grey, were quite eager to help me!

The hot wash and dry has shrunk the jeans back down quite a bit, I could wear them without a belt now. 

Are we supposed to send final pics to Christian?

Anyway, it's been fun.  I look forward to seeing the rest of your final pics!