Left Field Jeans

scotty2

@superjackle not after wash,  they come padded with the extra length and width so they shrink to our specs within 3% tolerance after cold wash and hot dry. Many brands do not add extra length and width so they fit out of the bag but not after wash and dry.  They are generally a slim fit and long enough for people like me who have a long torso(after hot dry), so I wouldn't consider them boxy at all. 

@Altoclef congrats to our first fade friday Rawr denim post. 20% off LF store coupon will be PM'd shortly. Great job on man handling those beast! C

screenshot.jpg

Edited by Left Field

does anyone know what left field jeans are stocked at the wolverine store? or how i could figure it out. i stopped in there to look at them the other day i know they are the cone mills greasers and chelseas im just not sure if theyre the 13oz or 15oz.

@superjackle not after wash,  they come padded with the extra length and width so they shrink to our specs within 3% tolerance after cold wash and hot dry. Many brands do not add extra length and width so they fit out of the bag but not after wash and dry.  They are generally a slim fit and long enough for people like me who have a long torso(after hot dry), so I wouldn't consider them boxy at all. 

So, I decided I'd have a go and by some crew necks to see how things pan out. Pre-wash for size large do indeed measure bigger than the size chart: Chest=44" Shoulder=18.5 Sleeve=8 Length from shoulder=29.5/Length from bottom of front collar=27"

I'm giving them a cool hand wash/hang dry to start, and will report back with post wash figures tomorrow.

For what it's worth (since I brought up the comparison), I took an unwashed/unworn 3sixteen XL and lined it up and laid it over my unwashed/unworn Leftfield L, and the 3sixteen is way shorter and thus markedly boxier.  

pic of my muleskinner -- This thing is still pretty stiff even after wearing it a few times a week for 3 months, I can't wait for it too finish softening up some. Got a small hole opening up on seam of one of the hand pockets, have to get that fixed up soon. Really love this thing overall, it is just about the perfect denim jacket for my taste. 

LElyhDP.jpg

Anyone have any evo pics of the 17oz cone? Doesnt seem like they got any love in here after going through the past 40+ pages.

Chris, Here's the best I could do this afternoon. 

17oz Cone Greasers, 2 early soaks/no washes, probably about 75-90 wears. I haven't paid particular attention with these. I bought them last summer, wore them intermittently early last fall, and just started wearing them in earnest since early February.

IMG_1089.JPGIMG_1090.JPGIMG_1093.JPGIMG_1094.JPGIMG_1095.JPGIMG_1098.JPGIMG_1102.JPG

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

^^thanks and ^thanks.

Satchel: Everton has just been so flat all season. Assuming Burnley go down, I think the possibility of adding Danny Ings could be interesting. Our real priority is defensive composure and depth, and sadly Roberto Martinez cares about defense about as much as an NBA team during the regular season. 

Chris: They are finally getting to be comfortable now. But it has taken a while. Against my better judgment, I sized down from my usual 35 to 34 thinking I'd account for Cone's tendency to stretch. They proved to be pretty tight for much longer than I expected, but they did slowly stretch about 1.5" in the waist. They were also super starchy when I first got them and the weave is rather tight. So, they really didn't want to soften up too easily. I'm not particular about high-contrast fades, so I tried to remedy this with the 2 early soaks (which caused no indigo loss, but turned the water a gross yellow-piss color). To be honest, I was feeling a bit of buyer's remorse. And then, I lost a couple pounds after having the flu this winter, put them on again, stopped thinking about it, and just wore them. Surprise, surprise: they started breaking in and showing their potential. Now, I'm rather keen on them, and wear them just about every day.  :D

Regarding the tube tees, I can also attest to the Left Field being longer than 3sixteen. Both fits are good, depending on your body type. The 3sixteen could definitely use a couple more inches in length - they shrink up to be a little on the short side. They are a better fit on me solely because I really need a size smaller than Left Field makes, but I think the Left Field is the better tee overall if the measurements work for you. The details on the Left Field tees will not disappoint you. 

I am closing in on the year mark with my Kaihara Vertical Slubs and my Black Marias. Both are holding up very well, and they are all I wear as far as pants go. The Kaiharas have been a surprisingly slow fade - they have held their color very well through two or three washes. I do wish they fit more like my Black Marias - the Kaiharas were noted as fitting a size down, and I would say that is true. I sized up one and they are still considerably smaller than my Black Marias. It isn't a bad fit, just not as comfortable as my Black Marias. The vertical grain is getting fairly pronounced. I will try to get some pics one of these days. The Black Marias have become my go-to work pants - best black jeans ever, with the best denim fit I have ever had. If you don't have some already, buy some. 

Really wish these would wear out already - those Collect heavy slubs look incredible, and I need an excuse to buy them. 

Those 17oz. cones look nice, MileHigh. I have a pair of 15 oz. and now recently a 13 oz. pair (to round out my collection) of greaser cones. I too gave both an initial soak to get rid of some of the starch and had the same result. I really like this classic greaser cut and they fit me just right. My all time favorite pair is still the Black Maria which is really fading nicely for me now - there's just something about them that is just right. I hope Christian keeps on making them just as they are!

So, I decided I'd have a go and by some crew necks to see how things pan out. Pre-wash for size large do indeed measure bigger than the size chart: Chest=44" Shoulder=18.5 Sleeve=8 Length from shoulder=29.5/Length from bottom of front collar=27"

I'm giving them a cool hand wash/hang dry to start, and will report back with post wash figures tomorrow.

For what it's worth (since I brought up the comparison), I took an unwashed/unworn 3sixteen XL and lined it up and laid it over my unwashed/unworn Leftfield L, and the 3sixteen is way shorter and thus markedly boxier.  

Following up on my large black crew necks: 

After a cold machine wash and a dry on delicates, only a little bit of shrinkage has occurred. Chest is still around 44", Shoulders came in a tad from 18.5 to 18", Sleeves shortened from 8 to 7.5" and the overall length shortened about 2" total.  Nothing boxy about them, at least in terms of how they fit me. Very pleased.

Unfortunately selling my Mule Skinner jacket in the Nihon Menpu denim sized medium. Worn for about 2 months really starting to break in nicely but the sleeves are still a lil tight and just trying to get some $$$ so I can buy a large. PM me for more info

@jdcINK  you should be a 32 belt, If you want to go to the middle hole in the belt maybe a 33 would be better.  If you want to compare the length to a belt you already own this is how we measure, from the tip of the belt buckle to the middle hole. for size 32=34" size 33=35", size 34=36"

Just started happily getting my JP Olive Miners into the Spring rotation and realized I still haven't seen any pics of the Cone Indigo Selvedge Twills. Just curious if anybody out there has a pair worth sharing.  :)

In the meantime, a few shots of my 17oz Cone Greasers a few wears after getting their first wash last week. The patch is really start to look like an old catcher's mitt. Amazing what working it over with a little Obenaufs can do.

IMG_1184.JPGIMG_1178.JPGIMG_1181.JPG

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

altoclefchris, congrats on the Fade Friday!  I love your IG subtext..."The 23 oz Dude"  :D

Sorry for being away.  I wanted to update my sweatshirt as it has evolved quite a bit more.  Man I love this thing.  It's one of my favorite garments for sure.  I may need to acquire some more terry because there is a lot of wear and damage emerging.

17868820185_f2160bae81_b.jpg

17246280904_cf13fbe4fa_b.jpg

Some heavy elbow wear!!!

Left

17865843132_f6bc32ccf3_b.jpg

Right

17842452266_a18c52f778_b.jpg

I guess you could say I liked your comment, much appreciated!

And it's worth noting I got a zip hoodie with the code from FF, this material is great! I didn't expect it to lose indigo so fast. Now if only it were colder...

Holy shit jyoni, that sweat is looking pretty epic. How do you find it at work, get hot pretty fast? Have had to retire my denim shirts for the year as they are just too much, but a sweat like this would be nice.

my greaser's got sent USPS with signature confirmation and I have a locked box with a locked parcel box so they just leave them at the post office because there's no door to door service. : (

Gotta wait till Monday to get them from the post office.

Edited by givemefive