Left Field Jeans

scotty2

@LeftField, how does the italian indigo/indigo feel?  About to pull the trigger but really dug the initial crunchiness of my pair of the old run of cone indigo ducks.  So just wondering if these would meet my "crunchiness quota"...maybe that's strange. Thanks!

Nice, I don't watch the show but I definitely want to see it!

Well, the finishing touches on the sweatpants are done.  Whew, this was a labor of love.

It's an LF varsity letter, embroidered by hand with chainstitching.  Love the stuff LF is doing with their embroidery and wanted to try a simple piece by hand.

And...there's a belt!

Damage is from scraping off dried construction glue and the material thinning more and more over time.  Imminent rips:

16326161358_3db1a4bbf5_b.jpg

Roughed out patch:

16327596559_df01e74dd4_b.jpg

Sewing the patch.  A backstitch looked too goofy with all the chainstitching so it's chainstitched as well.

16487886626_5718b68faa_b.jpg

Finished and cleaned up, with a couple extra pics, and one of the belt!

15891320114_2d5a36d528_b.jpg

15893708213_156874d051_b.jpg

16326161968_b5991e4cb4_b.jpg

@jyoni I have been really digging the chainstitch embroidery stuff from LF and seeing you do it by hand is just crazy. That hand sewn patch is very cool. The way you drew attention to a spot that was about to be an "eyesore" to most people is awesome. 

I really need to come up with something cool enough to get embroidered by LF...itching to get something done for myself after that badass eagle on Instagram.

Thanks guys!  :)

@FormulaPfaff, isn't their chainstitch embroidery nuts?  The eagle is great.  I have things I would love to have them do for me.  I'm sure you'll come up with something cool. 

Edited by jyoni

Thanks guys!  :)

@FormulaPfaff, isn't their chainstitch embroidery nuts?  The eagle is great.  I have things I would love to have them do for me.  I'm sure you'll come up with something cool. 

My thought on the chain stitching to just order a jacket and tell them to go wild, I'm sure they could come up with some cool stuff too!

@sombrero the italian have a really deep indigo with a slight rich purple hue.  they are not crunchy but not as soft as the nep. The colab with Black Blue have a stiffer feel and are indigo/black Collect denim, they are here but waiting for Steve to give us the checkered flag. 

We get a lot of inspiration from old tattoo flash for the embroideries, since it's the same kind of vibe. Killer work Jyoni, have you quit the day job yet?  

Yeah, wouldn't that be nice  :laugh2:   Maybe someday.  Thanks dude!

Will the Black Maria Chelseas get restocked at some point? I've been thinking about picking up some new black jeans but will probably need a 32 in the Chelsea fit.

I think we have a pair at BlackBlue if you want them.

Christian & Co, when can we expect a new supply of the Choctaw Ridge long sleeve henleys (in various colors) to arrive in the webstore?  Chicago winter is winning...

is there a color or size you're looking for? We should have some at BlackBlue.

I'll be in touch when i get into the shop on tuesday. I'm pretty sure we have natural and blue indigo stripes in M.

Just out of another wash as of a couple days ago. Took these all in direct sunlight and then in the shade, I'm sure you can figure out which is which.

16612484246_5308c642a3_c.jpgphoto 2 by guthrieking1, on Flickr16450867878_85fcbb2842_c.jpgphoto 1 by guthrieking1, on Flickr16431142447_96d498e163_c.jpgphoto 4 by guthrieking1, on Flickr16637436522_cce5556b3a_c.jpgphoto 2 by guthrieking1, on Flickr16637408742_9ecf96fc9a_c.jpgphoto 3 by guthrieking1, on Flickr16451017540_0bb288a24e_c.jpgphoto 1 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

question for you guys @ LFNYC - are your tubular knit t-shirts the same thing as loopwheeled? 

Also - have you considered making a v-neck t-shirt with no pocket. I'd buy. Thnx