Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Darn, was hoping they might run a bit large for a bigger guy like me. I wear a 46R suit coat but my other jackets might measure closer to 48". Not sure the XL would work ...

def not large, but not JP sizing. Jackets up. 54 pieces in both colors. 

@spork Jonny says 2" 3 times, have to fold nice and clean though to keep them tight. 

@kc  nothing, I put a reward notice outside on the dumpster. Detectives showed up and didn't even bother to look behind the bent sheetrock to notice that the came thru the mailbox hole next door. NYPD's finest.  We thought originally it was one of the landlords workers and they had the key to get in. They ripped out the internet cables on the wall and thought they might have opened the wall looking to find the box. 

@pchoden def do one bigger size next run. Not sure if we are doing unlined,  or new linings yet though. 

@Sigur those were a Cone denim experiment that wasn't ever suppose to hit the market they thought the fill was too rough on the skin. They had tweed looking colored slubs in the weft. They had enough of the weft yarns(yarn mill went under during the recession) to make 800 yards and when the recession hit they sold off all the experimental fabrics cleaned out the warehouse and tossed the yarns. I wasn't a happy camper! 

I got my Mule Skinner Denim Jacket earlier this week. Tough decision about which size to get, the Large felt a lil bit too big but I could easily layer my hoodie underneath but I decided to go with the Medium to have a tighter more classic look. The lining on this is amazing, super thick and soft and in my picture looks really white but actually more of a light cream, a vintage dead stock look. No plans on soaking as the Nihon Menpu denim is already sansforized. I plan on taking measurements after a week or so more of wear to see how it streches out.

jacket1.jpg

jacket2.jpg

jacket3.jpg

and here is a teaser of my Kaiharas

kaihara.jpg

We're doing a fade contest over at /r/goodyearwelt and I entered my Kuroki Greasers - thought I'd post my pics here, too.  At the same time, we're also doing a wear contest for suede/roughout footwear, so I entered my suede Tricker's.  ALBUM.

@LF - I saw the terrible news about the break-in - what a bunch of scumbags!  Hopefully, insurance will make things whole again, soon!  I'm also looking to cop a pair of the 2nds Caramel Miner Chinos.  My 36 Kuroki Greasers fit great - think a 34 in the Caramel Miners would be appropriate, since they're running +2?  Thanks!

^^ Greasers look great. If i had a contest of all my jeans, my kuroki chelseas would win hands-down! good luck!

^^ Greasers look great. If i had a contest of all my jeans, my kuroki chelseas would win hands-down! good luck!

Thanks!  My Kuroki Greasers are my best fitting jeans, and I'll gladly violate my office's BC dress code to wear them during the week.   :ph34r:

Just washed the sweats again and grabbed some shitty indoor iPhone pics today, eventually ill post some better photos I swear.

15568621174_9db7b785b8_c.jpgphoto 1 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

16003677240_a7de1e50ed_c.jpgphoto 2 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

16004943609_dcceebf653_c.jpgphoto 3 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

16003557278_54414bdfb1_c.jpgphoto 4 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

The first and third photo are definitely the most accurate, other 2 are a little washed out.

Edited by guthriegking

I always throw mine inside out in the wash and wash them on hot then throw them in the dryer on hot as well and they seem to shrink back to the original size, but they do stretch back out within the day basically. I honestly wouldn't worry about them shrinking too much. Not really sure how anyone else has been washing their pairs but thats my 2 cents.

The waist band is a rib so it will stretch, hot dry should return them back to the original size. One thing to note is when you're taking a piss don't pull them down tied in the front, make sure you untie so it doesn't stretch them out going over the hips. I took out about 4" this season in the waist from last season to note as well. C

Edited by Left Field

The waist band is a rib so it will stretch, hot dry should return them back to the original size. One thing to note is when you're taking a piss don't pull them down tied in the front, make sure you untie so it doesn't stretch them out going over the hips. I took out about 4" this season in the waist from last season to note as well. C

too true. I've noticed mine stretch in the waist the most just from untying them to go to the bathroom and not so much from extraneous activity. 

@konadog i would consider these a stretch to fit. At least that's my experience with the previous run that I have. I dig the more classic fit I have with my mediums right now, but i definitely could have done a small. They shrink a noticeable amount, but stretch back out in a day or even a couple hours, depending on your activity. 

It's been ages since I updated for the sweats contest, and I intend to do a rather annoyingly long update pretty soon, but for now I figured I'd share my excitement over my Christmas present to myself; the Indigo crew neck sweatshirt. Now I have a full indigo sweat suit a la @Jyoni and @satchelbmoore . Now I just need to dive into choctaw ridge and I can have a full suit of indigo everything from head to toe...underwear included.

Anyways, here are some pics of my old sweats vs new crew neck!

16025675959_df41edb23b_c.jpgLeft Field Sweat Suit Front by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

16025958977_4c3b8ac382_c.jpgLeft Field Sweat Suit Back by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

Nice, Formula!

Does anyone have any experience with sizing the Flight Jacket? Do they fit true to size? The measurements on the website lead me to believe that they may run a little large. For reference I'm 5'10, 150lbs with about a 37" chest. I fluctuate between a small and a medium for most stuff, but my shoulders sometimes push me up into the medium range.

I'd like to be able to fit a hoodie or something underneath for super cold days.

Also, I received the new indigo denim mule skinner jacket in the mail today. I love it -- not too stiff, fits great, solid construction, and the twill lining is super soft. It's really a beautiful jacket, and It'll be awesome to see how it fades.

Hi guys, happy holidays. I'm selling a pair of never worn Kuroki Mills size 32 Greasers. Andrew himself hemmed them to a 34 length.

see link here for more info. 

Sorry for clogging up the forum, but figured I would give you all a heads up about this, considering these aren't available anymore. 

Those are some serious butt fades @Formula Pfaff. I still can't believe you kind of have whiskers forming.

I really need to update as well. I keep meaning to do it on weekends and things get in the way. I had a bunch of pics of me wearing them in both my moves across country but seem to have lost them. Oh well

some fit pics of the mule skinner jacket. Really digging the jacket! Especially love the lining, it has an amazing texture to it.

hBqKoHQ.jpgrCpKX81.jpg

Dig the fit - how did you size the jacket?

@Formula nice picts, where'd you find the Indigo crew? Getting close to the final stretch on the sweatpant contest so everyone involved bust them out, perfect timing it's fucking freezing in NYC. 

@pudas fits you well! the lining is a heavyweight JP tartan twill. Similar to what they used to make the old work shirts out of like 5 brothers. The majority of new tartans or flannels are plain weave running straight up vs a twill more  running on a diagonal which is much stronger like denim.