Left Field Jeans

scotty2

I totally missed the boat on the heather grey Greasers.  Anyone pick those up?  I'd love to see a fit pic so I can really kick myself for not pulling the trigger.  I ended up with the Levi's 522 instead.

My size 32 black maria chelseas arrived yesterday and the fit is perfection. Probably my favorite fit ever off the bat along with the s710xx. Pretty comfy in the waist, and *just* enough room through the entire leg. 

The olive miner chinos are really tempting... should I be sizing down to a 31? I see the waist runs a bit bigger. 

The olive miner chinos are really tempting... should I be sizing down to a 31? I see the waist runs a bit bigger. 

I just went through this exact decision a week or two ago. I didn't size down from my greasers. Instead, I took the extra .5" in the waistband because I never tuck more than an undershirt in jeans, but do tuck in a button down with the chinos. I feel like little bit of extra room keeps things looking a little cleaner in that case.

The olive duck fabric is great, by the way. Really comfortable, but stiff enough to set creases after a few wears (assuming you're going for some kind of fades over time). I gave mine a 15-minute lukewarm soak before wearing.  

I just went through this exact decision a week or two ago. I didn't size down from my greasers. Instead, I took the extra .5" in the waistband because I never tuck more than an undershirt in jeans, but do tuck in a button down with the chinos. I feel like little bit of extra room keeps things looking a little cleaner in that case.

The olive duck fabric is great, by the way. Really comfortable, but stiff enough to set creases after a few wears (assuming you're going for some kind of fades over time). I gave mine a 15-minute lukewarm soak before wearing.  

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. They're rather dark, right? I've bought two different pairs of Rivet Chinos from Epaulet over the past six months or so, and neither turned out to be as dark green as I had hoped. 

Left Field "History of the Traveling Sweatpants" update:  The sweats were just in Palm Springs for a tennis tournament!  Hopefully, more adventures during the holidays...  Orlando, Galapagos, Australia...

15813104611_5db0d26259.jpgIMG_0091 by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

15815002725_3c1c0809a8.jpgIMG_0090 by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

15630187060_351456092e.jpgScreen Shot 2014-11-17 at 4.28.19 PM by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

Edited by happybabyyoga

A couple questions for Christian or any other takers in the know: 

1) Any thoughts from folks who have bought the deadstock JP 10oz fabric? I'm curious if it's particularly hairy and if it feels substantial. I've got my 17oz Cones to keep me warm this winter, but my 14.5 BM's are probably my ideal year-round weight. I've got an 10z RgT  workshirt I love, but I wonder if 10oz. is a bit too light for much more than spring/summer jeans. 

2) Any funky new (non-cone) denim in the works for the greasers? Something with some good un-singed hairiness or slub? The Candianis look nice but sold out in my size and I couldn't get past the bright green selvedge ID, to be honest. 

Cheers.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, excited to kick back and watch the Eagles with a few beers today. 

@milehigh it's very neppy, not really hairy and has a great vintage indigo cast. It's heavier then most chinos, similar to the LF JP Twill so not to light but ideally for hot weather months or tropical climates, Texas, Florida, Southeast Asia..... I personally can't wear jeans in the heart of a NYC summer so this was my thought process to stay in a pair. 

I have a selvedge 15 oz duck coming in for Jan/Feb probably olive and caramel for the miners, not sure if the Kerouac.  A Collect Mills blue warp/black weft colab with Black Blue, special label in blue leather with black foil print, and indigo/indigo with tonal stitch and a 15 oz khadi spun, hand woven, Hank dyed nat indigo in a shrink to fit, the Holy Grail of craft denim. No electricity was used in making the denim.  A very slubby 18 oz collects, beautiful color variation on the warp with a green workwear color selvedge. More small runs to come as I find it. 

Man, that's some really interesting stuff coming down the line.

I have a pair of Greasers I got years ago, haven't really worn them honestly (not sure why) but this is making me think I'll be buying another pair of LF's soon!

Just bought the flax/cotton work shirt. The care label says "dry clean only" - can anyone comment why so? Is there considerable shrinkage, or some other reason this fabric should not be washed?

Do you have any fit pics? :)

Just posted a couple in the Samurai thread :)

Also, @Left Field, is it possible for you to remove tags on an order and declare a lower price to avoid ridiculous customs fees here in Vietnam?

Edited by An Oxymoron

I've got a pair of the deadstock 10 oz. greasers and I really like them (I like all my greasers, though, to be honest - easily my favorite jeans). They definitely feel light and airy, perfect for warm weather and I wore them a lot until the temps started falling in the Northeast - definitely more a warm weather jean. As Christian says, they do have some nep to them but I wouldn't call them substantial. I wear my Black Marias and Cone Mills 15 oz greasers year-round, but not the 10 oz.

A couple questions for Christian or any other takers in the know: 

1) Any thoughts from folks who have bought the deadstock JP 10oz fabric? I'm curious if it's particularly hairy and if it feels substantial. I've got my 17oz Cones to keep me warm this winter, but my 14.5 BM's are probably my ideal year-round weight. I've got an 10z RgT  workshirt I love, but I wonder if 10oz. is a bit too light for much more than spring/summer jeans. 

2) Any funky new (non-cone) denim in the works for the greasers? Something with some good un-singed hairiness or slub? The Candianis look nice but sold out in my size and I couldn't get past the bright green selvedge ID, to be honest. 

Cheers.