Left Field Jeans

scotty2

do i need to size down one or two sizes on the Cone Indigo Duck Kerouac chinos? the measurements look slightly bigger than the Japanese twill kerouac chinos. I saw Pepper Davies recommended sizing down two on the duck miners, would the same apply to the cone duck kerouacs?

thanks to everyone for the help on the chelseas. kuroki is sold out in my size so debating between kaihara and collect now.

wes, PM me. My darning machine is up and running. I'd love to fix up your jeans. Jyoni might be intereted as well. Let me know!

wes' jeans would be a sweet repair project.  

Thanks guys, I will be in touch! 

@wes, Nisshinbo's look great, excellant fades. I think the Kaihara will take some time but imagine the grain will look fantastic. 

@perception waiting for them to come in so i can give exact post wash/dry specs, looking at 2nd week in nov, lots of delays initially with the talon zippers but will be well worth it especially with the sunrise pin at the bottom. 

Thanks! Yeah, the pictures don't show it, but the slubs are turning bright blue as the jeans fade. I think they will really come alive after the first wash. 

Speaking of Cone, I have just put up 2nds  of the new White Oak Duck Miners, black, Caramel and khaki @ 60 off reg price. 

Man, all these 2nds were a terrible temptation while I was placing an order yesterday...I just had to keep my eye on the prize and convince myself I couldn't miss out on the olive jp miners again. 

Speaking of which, does anybody have pics of some well-worn olive jp ducks? I'm curious about what I have to look forward to.

Cheers. 

Speaking of which, does anybody have pics of some well-worn olive jp ducks? I'm curious about what I have to look forward to.

Cheers. 

Jyoni, anything to show us?.... haha

Why do the black duck miners look so much baggier than the other colored duck miners? Measurement chart looks the same, same model, but they look like parachute pants.

Looking closely, it appears that the black miners he's wearing are hemmed short so they have no break. All the other miners being modeled are cuffed at various lengths.

So, I'm guessing it's an optical illusion and that you can trust the size charts.

@jyoni those are the olive JP ducks! damn that some serious wear!

i only fixed them.  The wear is from another guy.  They are some nice chinos.

Hm, the patch reminds me more of the Tempest video game than Ande Whall.  I try to address the basics when I do a patch, like working outward from a quasi bar tack on that particular one and trailing the stitches through damage and rips.  From there it's as random as my obsessive nature will allow.  Good call though.  While not my intent I can see what you mean.

How much shrink can you pull out of the 13 oz denim.  A friend just got that denim in a Greaser cut and he has ~1.5" room left in the waist while the rest is perfect, think we could sneak that much shrinkage out of that denim?

Edited by FLDenim211

Damn, those look great too. Just placed an order for some Indigo Cone Mills Miners. I've read that they will stretch quite a bit? I ordered them a "size down," would you say that's the right choice?

I plan on cutting a bit of bodyfat, so if not I think I'll probably lean in to them. 

Almost wish I would have snagged the black ducks instead, but I love that selvage on the indigo.

Edited by An Oxymoron

Hey guys, said I would put a fit pic when I got my Black Marias.. which I forgot. 

Anyhow, here's a pic from an WAYWT with my Black Marias, paired with a J Crew lambswool sweater and a pair of combat boots. 

Really in love with these jeans, the fit, construction and design (all-black hardware) really justified dropping over $200 for my first pair of raws. 
I'm heading down to NYC in December, hoping to pop by the store if it's open to check everything else out! 

10606551_706460249448893_318105286672785