Left Field Jeans

scotty2

The Midnight Navy Magnum P.I. short arrived in the mail earlier today. Just took some quick pictures of them on my potato camera

feg1lxK.jpg

an2AFmO.jpg

a7X5IL0.jpg

63PIFes.jpg

Overall I'm very pleased with the shorts, another happy Left Field purchase. My favorite thing about the shorts are the chambray pockets and the nylon/cotton blend. I poured a little bit of water on them and they dried up pretty quickly. These are definitely my shortest shorts yet but damnit i'mma werk it this summer! I went with a 31 and probably could've gotten into a 30 but I didn't want to risk losing any range of motion. For reference I'm 5'11 150 lbs if any one cares. Well, thanks for looking and stuff.

Yours Denimly,

Selassie

I just purchased a pair of Left Field Greasers from Stag in Austin. These are my first pair of raw denim, so please excuse me if this is a stupid question. When I was rolling up the cuffs, I noticed some threads coming out of the selvedge seam. The white threads are coming out of the white band at the edge of the fabric. Is this normal? I thought that the selvedge seam was supposed to prevent any fraying. I've included a picture in the link below.

http://imgur.com/a/Z5pW2

FrooShonTay,

Congratulations on your first pair of Raw denim, and especially for them being LF!

- This is completely normal. I believe it is from loom chatter or when the shuttle moves as it begins a run (Christian etc - verification needed!?)

Many of my pairs have this along the selvage line. I usually leave it as it won't affect the fabric or cause any unravelling etc.

Tuck it in or cut it short if you like (very carefully - don't damage the edge of the weave). 

I hope this has helped - Enjoy the Jeans.

I just purchased a pair of Left Field Greasers from Stag in Austin. These are my first pair of raw denim, so please excuse me if this is a stupid question. When I was rolling up the cuffs, I noticed some threads coming out of the selvedge seam. The white threads are coming out of the white band at the edge of the fabric. Is this normal? I thought that the selvedge seam was supposed to prevent any fraying. I've included a picture in the link below.

http://imgur.com/a/Z5pW2

Yeah, my 23oz have a bunch of these little tufts along the ID, as have previous jeans from other brands.

Update on 23oz!

I have actually been wearing these more than I thought I would in this weather, and honestly, it's not that bad. It's only been about 2 months since I started on them, but they're showing some nice colors and I thought I'd share. As always, I've got more pictures I can post if you guys want to see more.

14294716169_e837e24736_z.jpg

14294759828_b5dbd3dac1_z.jpg

Also, I pulled the Green Heather Chelseas out again for some pictures, hopefully I'll be able to fix up the holes soon.

14477968871_12f10be273_z.jpg

14294723530_778ed553fa_z.jpg

Pictures were edited for white balance and exposure to best reflect actual color.

Edited by altoclefchris

Jyoni and his friend jordan have been hard at work fixing jeans by hand. here's our friend mike's nisshinbo greasers brought back to life.

John's work is incredible. All denim used is from LF hems. He used a wonderful combination of patches, darning and stitching.

DD98FBFE-8859-406E-A33E-879B8BF7FBFF_zps

CD0B26E6-7898-43C1-9952-D5C5D51E419F_zps

1D34F56F-A3C7-43CC-8A08-3AC607845D9A_zps

F337D9B7-7684-4628-BB50-B8ACD8BC177D_zps

DB28410E-8FC4-485D-9A1E-625E9D1BBDF6_zps

different jeans but it's fun to see the bandana pockets on my kuroki chelseas fading beautifully.

D6079F0C-5285-435E-9357-E2E58F0112DF_zps

I've got a quick question for Pepper or another of the Leftfield crew regarding the new bandanas. I thought about just emailing directly, but figured some others here might be curious about this too:

Are there additional styles or color schemes other than the one put up for sale on the site this morning? The instagram teaser photo included a few other bandanas that weren't clearly visible. I'd like to get more than one, but will happily wait if there are some additional variations to be offered. Thanks.

I've got a quick question for Pepper or another of the Leftfield crew regarding the new bandanas. I thought about just emailing directly, but figured some others here might be curious about this too:

Are there additional styles or color schemes other than the one put up for sale on the site this morning? The instagram teaser photo included a few other bandanas that weren't clearly visible. I'd like to get more than one, but will happily wait if there are some additional variations to be offered. Thanks.

Those are vintage Fast Color bandanas.  Thought it would make for a good picture.  Just this version for now as we had to produce a million of them to do the rotary print.

Sorry for my long absence folks.  I've had a lot on my mind.  I'll update my sweats soon but may have to disqualify myself for lack of updates.  Anyone who wants to call me on it please feel free.

Thanks for the props Satchel -- repairs have been very relaxing and therapeutic lately.  Pepper, I'd love to get my hands on that green heather pair!  The lower pocket on Mike's has become kind of a defined method for me after doing Mike's pair and also some stuff on Andrew's (at BlkBlu) pair of old LF slims.  If you're interested let me know.  Jordan (overexposed1) and I try to pass off areas of repair so we can both immerse ourselves in each pair.  Crotches and pockets are pretty technical so I like to do em with my pragmatic beast-like no-nonsense style.  He's more artsy and I think I said it best to Satchel today that his work has a cool, funky energy to it.

I can't take any credit for any repairs other than connecting people with john and jordan.

Ray, it's more like just working with people who want to fix their jeans and who dig the style of hand repairs over machine repairs.  Coincidently Left Field has been what people have wanted fixed.  It's a good sign people love the brand, because they want to keep wearing em!  Repair has been the only thing I can really keep my head into lately, whether it's for myself or other people...trumping movies, reading, anything else I typically enjoy.    As far as full time, no.  It does consume my spare time though.  Repairing jeans full time would be unbelievably awesome, Ray!

Mike's were particularly rewarding because he'd given up on them completely and now they have a ton of extra lifespan.  His mom did a bunch of work on them too, some of which was left alone.  She did some pocket bag work that was left alone, just out of respect.  It's pretty damn cool when your mom tries to fix your favorite jeans.

Satchel has been great about keeping us moving on it.  It's something we all really love.  Satchel doesn't want credit but his excitement over seeing what we're up to has been a real driving force.  We're good enough friends to have talked a little more deeply about my mindset of late and I have to say I appreciate that he cares so much about it.

Hey guys,

Just a quick refresh on the Dust Bowl shirt, did the previous run fit smaller than tagged size? I see it is noted in the description that sizing had been graded up since the last run. I'm just trying to figure out if the previous run fit smaller than the current or the other way around

does anyone wear the lf sweatpants with anything other than sneakers?  i'm thinking of picking up a pair, but i rarely wear sneakers.

i wear them with quoddy blutchers and some merrell shoes that have a similar shape to birkenstock londons.

Hey guys,

Just a quick refresh on the Dust Bowl shirt, did the previous run fit smaller than tagged size? I see it is noted in the description that sizing had been graded up since the last run. I'm just trying to figure out if the previous run fit smaller than the current or the other way around

my dust bowl shirt from last year fits a little small.

Edited by satchelbmoore

Hey guys - sorry for the long lapse in posting, but I was on vacation last week and tried to turn off technology as much as I could manage outside of keeping an eye on email.

John - those green Chelsea jeans belonged to a customer and just had to take a few pictures.  They're definitely in need of some repairs, but I think the guy who's wearing them is planning on wearing them into the ground and starting on something new...  Anyway - I owe you an email back!

I'll post some pictures of my sweats shortly.  Still wearing daily, but I feel like they've reached a point where there's not too much new to show since last time.  I think I've hit a plateau where now the most significant change to the eye will probably be when the knees rip out or other repairs are needed.

Hope everyone is doing well.  We expected activity to slow down a little bit for the contest during the heart of summer, but hopefully everyone pulls them back out once it cools off and we get some good updates.  Hope everyone had a nice Independence day.  We ran a 15% off sale that will end tonight at midnight I believe.  Jeans and shorts will ship with a free bandana too.