Left Field Jeans

scotty2

@textandaction yes everything this week shipped USPS priority. We are eating the difference between USPS priority 2-3 day and fedex smart post because it sucked so bad. Hope shipping is much smoother and faster. 

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've worn my jeans about 4 times since I got them last week... can I really not send them back to be hemmed because they are not unworn?

I would honestly prefer not to be hemming jeans that have been so recently acquainted with the danger zone, but if you're after a hem before your first wash feel free to send 'em in as long as they aren't swampy.

Hey People,

Just a little wash update from Japan - hand/machine washed in japan with a little detergent and hung to dry - the indigo shed was incredible. looked like blue paint in the machine!

tumblr_n5ftdcObCj1r1e2pgo1_250.jpg

tumblr_n5ftdcObCj1r1e2pgo2_250.jpg

I got some shrink in the width of the legs but not as much in the seat and waist as i didn't tumble this time. 

Starting to see some light fades and whites pop out. More pics when i can.

Thaks

Wat up doe! Sorry I've been MIA, finals and other life stuff have taken over my time. So this is just an update on my sweats. I washed them for the third time last week. As usual, apologies in advance for potato quality of the pictures.

5JuDyKS.jpg

Dat Ass.

tfjCSjq.jpg

I'm loving the outseam fade

gtTF9zd.jpg

SD3fuc5.jpg

m6ZvHdm.jpg

K2jFu6e.jpg

The hole in the crotch area hasn't really grown so I'm just watching it and letting it be.

AIAyrF2.jpg

This was taken the other day

3fWdRCb.jpg

Waiting for the train in my Candiani's and Farmtown Denim x Jack Purcell's

TXU6ToS.jpg

And here I was in North Carolina last week

u4N5vNq.jpg

Bonus POTUS fadez

XhdWjkV.jpg

Okay! This was a lot. Thanks for looking and stuff. I definitely want to stop by the shop next week to look at shorts and shirts, and for Andrew to take better pictures of my sweats :D

Did anybody else notice the seemingly sudden shift in inventory as listed on the LF website? Nearly all the denim went to "Only 2 Left," without any warning or even a gradual count down/reduction over the last handful of days. I took this as an omen and finally grabbed the 17oz cone greasers in a 34 that I've been itching to get. Oddly enough, the listing for that size then went from "Only 2 Left" right back to normal.

Was this a glitch (or perhaps a sly marketing move  :ph34r:)?  

If these are new & accurate inventory numbers, however, I'd encourage anybody on the fence about a new acquisition might need to get a move on. 

Did anybody else notice the seemingly sudden shift in inventory as listed on the LF website? Nearly all the denim went to "Only 2 Left," without any warning or even a gradual count down/reduction over the last handful of days. I took this as an omen and finally grabbed the 17oz cone greasers in a 34 that I've been itching to get. Oddly enough, the listing for that size then went from "Only 2 Left" right back to normal.

Was this a glitch (or perhaps a sly marketing move  :ph34r:)?  

If these are new & accurate inventory numbers, however, I'd encourage anybody on the fence about a new acquisition might need to get a move on. 

We've been making some changes to the website in an attempt to make it a more user friendly experience.  We recently added a backend for our brick and mortar stores so that they can place fill-in orders based off of our current stock.  

Essentially - all the inventory is held in the section for stores, but 2 pieces are always kept in the webstore.  If you see 1 it is the last piece, but if it says 2 there may be a little bit more than that in stock.  I've got a potential tweak in mind to fix this, but we're working as fast as we can.   B)

Hope you dig the 17 oz.

Nice pics Roger.

And Ukeno - very cool update.  On vacation?

Pocket bag repair looks awesome.  Love all that stuff.  Hope someone find those in a thrift store in 40 years and says "That's pretty neat".

Anyway - hope everyone had a nice weekend.  In case you people of Sufu were looking for a size M sweat pant there's one up on seconds as of a couple minutes ago.

(1/2)

Got my Candiani's hemmed today. Andrew took some pictures of them and my sweats.

kPFx6tA.jpg

M2c3eMI.jpg

I'm loving the color on the Farmtown Denim X Jack Purcell collabs!

5QLrwHi.jpg

2DfrKsE.jpg

Edited by EmperorSelassieEye

(2/2)

sJK17j3.jpg

pNoOwGX.jpg

i2cBX3Z.jpg

E2XRdiQ.jpg

Taken yesterday. J.Crew wants this to be a thing

y9Tzwer.jpg

Proof that the Z Train is real

03W0h2g.jpg

Thanks for having me guys!

Oh last thing, we all need to thank the Denim Gods that Andrew is not in the competition. We would all lose so badly. Well, maybe @jyoni would have a shot :P

Edited by EmperorSelassieEye

Hey Guys,

Yep, I'm in Japan. More of a training and culture visit than straight up tourism. I'm knackered. Really enjoying it though. Been here 4 weeks on Wednesday. Fly home Friday after 2 days in Tokyo seeing the sights (denim and food).

The sweat are getting some wear, but not all day as it's now become quite hot and humid so they're only being worn in the morn or evenings.

Here's a pic from yesterday at a very specific place (same place both pics)

hZnuQho.png

bjiBeff.png

Quite an achievement being here for me, and a real experience.

Anyone who can tell me where 'this' is will win my utmost and genuinely sincere respect, and possibly a prize (Just reading & translating the sign in Japanese doesn't count. I want people who are actually in the 'know').

Cheers.

U.

What are the flaws on the sweats that made them seconds?

About an inch and half of seam on the inside of the right leg is exposed.  Basically - the seam is closed and the damage shouldn't cause any longterm durability issues, but the seam allowances weren't enough for the fabric to tuck under itself.

Haven't been around much lately cuz of finals and school and business and life, but now it's summer! Since I posted last I've graduated from college (couldn't wear my sweats but still had some indigo on me):

Xj6Znfl.jpg

So now I'm back in CA, and this morning it was cool enough to do a round of indigo dyed shoes in my sweats:

HTxke5e.jpg

I'm also wearing an apron I made out of Cone Mills natural denim and some cheap shoes to watch how much dye they collect round after round.

rYlncC6.jpg

Edited by mfarmtown

Hey LF guys.  I've been pretty busy lately so have been MIA.  I have some reading to do on this LF page....

Sweats have been in Claremont, CA with Laurel Schwartz.  See her log below.  Sweats attended their inaugeral Pho-riday last week with the Blackblue Pho-riday peeps!  Tonight, sweats are heading out to the Ride of Silence.  http://www.twincities.com/News/ci_25788838/Silent-St-Paul-ride-reminds-bikers

Cheers!

Susan

14053795299_8c7e9f74fc.jpgimage by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

14238182502_120ccc6c9f.jpgimage by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

image by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

14238175552_564d4ed87b.jpgimage by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

Edited by happybabyyoga

@happybabyyoga- I love the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" thing going on, pretty cool!

b_F - happy to see you here.   ^_^

For those that don't follow us on instagram - we are now offering chain stitch embroidery service in house.

HeIlwi1.jpg

We'll be doing some one-off pieces and putting them up on the website, but also welcome custom work (rockers, back pieces, cursive names, MC/CC stuff).

Just received my Chelsea Black Marias and want to take a moment to preach to the converted:  these jeans are an excellent fit and beautiful piece of American design/craftsmanship.  On top of that, Christian & Co were very cool handling my exchange from the Greasers.  Having owned both here is my comparison on the fits for all you OCD denim heads like me:

The Greasers fit/look like a perfect pair of "Classic Jeans", but shrunk down a bit and just slightly slim throughout.  Tons of room up top but a clean silhouette throughout and never baggy.  

The Chelsea is definitely more up to date and slimmer (duh).  But NOT skinny by anyone's standards.  I could have squeezed into a 33 but got 34 and they aren't constricting at all, anywhere.  Glad I went with these! Especially since they are gonna be my dressier, drinking on the town pair.  

I guess I would compare the Chelsea to a Levi 513, but WAY better made and definitely more room for the man parts up top.  I have no idea how guys who wear Levi's slim handle their business.   Ditto for Naked and Famous.  Maybe I'm just (longer waisted) than them.  

So I'd say it's Classically Cool (Greaser) vs. Currently Cool (Chelsea).  Can't go wrong either way.  Can't come up with a reason to wear another brand, I just don't.