Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Cone greasers came today! The fit is insanely perfect. I'd post pics, but my room looks like a bomb went of.f because of finals and having just come back from a trip to Texas, I haven't had a chance to clean it up recently.

Did you guys change the cut of the pocket bags? I have a pair from a year ago that I can't fit my hands in, but these are normal length. 

Also, why does cone change the selvedge ID so often?

Edited by jmfr

my guess is Christian is just keeping it fresh by bringing in slightly different denims even if it's the same weight. that's kinda his MO.

Cone greasers came today! The fit is insanely perfect. I'd post pics, but my room looks like a bomb went of.f because of finals and having just come back from a trip to Texas, I haven't had a chance to clean it up recently.

Did you guys change the cut of the pocket bags? I have a pair from a year ago that I can't fit my hands in, but these are normal length. 

What's up Josh.  I'm glad they fit you well and yes - the pocket bags were made larger a few cuts ago.  The different selvedge ID just comes from the different runs.  They're all very similar, but it's always fun to make the choice and bring in something different.  All the little things add up, and it's fun to identify what cut a pair came from through the details.

Thinking about ordering a pack of tube tees. Do these shrink down a good amount after a hot wash? Measurements for a M look good but after a wash will probably be too small so I'm thinking of going for a large and washing them in hot.

Thinking about ordering a pack of tube tees. Do these shrink down a good amount after a hot wash? Measurements for a M look good but after a wash will probably be too small so I'm thinking of going for a large and washing them in hot.

Hey Ciabatta - they are unwashed.  Given a wash and dry they should shrink to within 3% of quoted measurements.  The measurements we provide were taken from washed pieces.  

One initial wash and then I'm doing a wash a month barring any spills that require a mid-month wash.  I wanna see Jyoni's pair...

Those are looking great after only a couple months.  I'm planning on the same wash schedule, but only have about a month and a week of actual wear.  Washed once initially, and once more at the 30 day mark so far.

Keep up the good work!

One initial wash and then I'm doing a wash a month barring any spills that require a mid-month wash.  I wanna see Jyoni's pair...

Those look intense!

I'll have to play catch up, dude.  That glue I was complaining about earlier came off with some solvent, but the solvent stayed on.  I've been waiting for the solvent to dry off, which it has now.

There are other factors, getting compliments on other stuff etc, which have kept the sweats shelved.  But damn, yours look so good I'm breaking mine out again tomorrow.

Just  curious if theres any updates on the Type II jacket that was posted here:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2013/08/ny-trade-show-recap-capsule-man-and-liberty-fairs/

I've been asking Christian the same thing just about every week.  Denim jackets will be arriving for late summer.

There will be a black one out of the Collect black/black denim with a JP camo lining and an indigo version lined with a nice, soft loose weave cotton twill flannel.

Edit: Here's a picture of the sample I posted before.

uoKNnz2.jpg
Edited by pepper davies

Did I see pre-faded/Washed models on one of the racks in a pic posted earlier? Would definitely be interested if that's the case and if they're lightweight. (SORRY, BROS!)

No pre-faded or washed models.  We keep some worn stuff on the racks just so people will know what to expect.  Obviously there are people out there doing it in a more realistic looking way in 2014, but not really our ethos.  People keep asking us to put our heavily worn/faded pairs in the shop up for sale which would probably be the only way we'd do it.  We recently picked up a darning machine, so once the chops are there it could be a fun project to put up some worn and repaired stuff...

When will the new hat be released?

Soon.  Going into production shortly.  All materials are at the factory.  We'll be running 3 fabrics beyond just the ones shown in the first image.

Is that the final version of the jacket, or anything going to be tweaked? Those pockets look big enough to put an ipad in. 

Just the sample.   :)  

I've been asking Christian the same thing just about every week.  Denim jackets will be arriving for late summer.

There will be a black one out of the Collect black/black denim with a JP camo lining and an indigo version lined with a nice, soft loose weave cotton twill flannel.

Edit: Here's a picture of the sample I posted before.

uoKNnz2.jpg

I can already feel a Left Field tuxedo...

Anybody out there making decent progress with their Black Marias? I'm nearing the six month mark (just 2 weeks away). I'll put together something more elaborate then. Here's a left knee teaser. This sulfur-dyed Collect Mills stuff is fascinating and stubborn. I love the vertical falling, the slowly emerging texture, and the almost "chalky" appearance of the fading of the whiskers and deeper creases; such an interesting and fun contrast to the evolution of indigo stuffs. Cheers.

IMG_0890.JPG

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

Anybody out there making decent progress with their Black Marias? I'm nearing the six month mark (just 2 weeks away). I'll put together something more elaborate then. Here's a left knee teaser. This sulfur-dyed Collect Mills stuff is fascinating and stubborn. I love the vertical falling, the slowly emerging texture, and the almost "chalky" appearance of the fading of the whiskers and deeper creases; such an interesting and fun contrast to the evolution of indigo stuffs. Cheers.

These are looking really cool - much lighter than I'm used to seeing the Black Maria.

We just added macro shots of all of the selvedge fabrics.

Here is the new Kaihara and the Grey Heather from Collect.  If you wanna see the rest check out the new product.  Don't wanna clog things up!

n8rUvqU.jpg

GsJKtpQ.jpg

fDjWrND.jpg

89nfBad.jpg

kouEFWf.jpg

mma9qGU.jpg

I'm kinda wishing they'd stay darker. How many washes is that?

I'm kinda wishing they'd stay darker. How many washes is that?

I should apologize, since that picture is a bit off color-wise. I took it next to a north-facing window on a sunny day in an attempt to pick up the vertical falling. I'll put a better range of pics together in a couple weeks. I am, however, a fairly regular washer. They'll be getting washed for the 4th time this weekend. Cheers,

Pepper: nice work on the macros of the new denim...much appreciated.

These are looking really cool - much lighter than I'm used to seeing the Black Maria.

We just added macro shots of all of the selvedge fabrics.

Here is the new Kaihara and the Grey Heather from Collect.  If you wanna see the rest check out the new product.  Don't wanna clog things up!

n8rUvqU.jpg

GsJKtpQ.jpg

fDjWrND.jpg

89nfBad.jpg

kouEFWf.jpg

mma9qGU.jpg

what did you guys use to take those?

Pepper, As a follow up to the great macro shots of the new denim runs, I have to ask: are the standard 36-inch hems now being chain-stitched or are we only going to get a chain stitch if we order a shortened hem?

I keep "visiting" the 17oz Cone Greasers via the website and struggling to convince myself to pull the trigger. I'm trying to put it off both because I want to give my Black Marias a fair go of it and also because I fantasize about getting 34s after I burn off the residual winter weight. 

Pepper, As a follow up to the great macro shots of the new denim runs, I have to ask: are the standard 36-inch hems now being chain-stitched or are we only going to get a chain stitch if we order a shortened hem?

I keep "visiting" the 17oz Cone Greasers via the website and struggling to convince myself to pull the trigger. I'm trying to put it off both because I want to give my Black Marias a fair go of it and also because I fantasize about getting 34s after I burn off the residual winter weight. 

All the jeans come from the factory with an industrial chainstitch, but if you want one from a Union Special that's what we use here in the shop.  You'll get a lot more roping from the Union Special.

Love that gold line on the Cone 17 oz.  It's pretty remarkable in comparison to most of the stuff that comes out of Cone.  Not that the other stuff is bad at all, but just crazy to see them do something so substantial.

That new indigo x indigo twill from cone looks fantastic. Are you guys making anything with that aside from the chinos?

All that's in line now is the chinos...  You'll see once they arrive, but the drape and shine make it tough for a top.  I could see an unstructured blazer or spring weight quilted jacket being cool - or maybe a vest.

Also - this should make everyone really happy, but we've moved away from using Smartpost as the free shipping option.  Orders being shipped to commercial addresses will ship via Fedex Ground and residential orders will ship via USPS Priority Mail.  No more packages taking 5 days to go 2 miles.

Also - this should make everyone really happy, but we've moved away from using Smartpost as the free shipping option.  Orders being shipped to commercial addresses will ship via Fedex Ground and residential orders will ship via USPS Priority Mail.  No more packages taking 5 days to go 2 miles.

This is truly excellent news - thanks for pandering to our impatience. Has this already taken effect? I am thinking of placing an order in the next few days...