Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Probably one of the best black denim fades I've ever seen.

Thank you!  But you should see Christian's pair...

Are these the Black Maria sulfur dyed ones? I think I may have found my next pair of black denim.

They are the Collect Mill Sulfur Dyed Black Greasers - the only difference between those and the Black Maria's is the BM features new pocket bags, all black hardware, and a black patch.  Both are the same denim so you can expect fades something like that.

Edited by ADH92

Don't normally do this, and it's been a looong time since I even posted over here, but I had to add to the chorus of praise about Left Field.  Great customer service: ordered a pair of Black Maria Greasers last Wednesday afternoon, which arrived in London this morning.  That's 2 working days; I can't get stuff within the UK that quickly most of the time.   [The jeans are great, obviously - lovely stiff black denim currently soaking in the bath (to get those travel creases out before I put them on for next six months)]. 

Hate to do this, but i tried a couple pairs of LFs on and although they "fit", i need to concede that the cut really isnt flattering on me (i'm fat, its not LF's fault).  I got a 32 (the ones i posted before) and 33 in the supermarket, both light wear and no washes. shoot me a pm if interseted. thanks

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/151360-left-field-greasers-32-and-33-like-new/?hl=%2Bgreasers#entry2985982

Edited by jmfr

Hey Scotto, treat them like raw denim. Wear as long as possible raw(until they start feeling damp), then rinse cold inside out in your bathroom sink. Hang dry on the corners of your shower caddy, and pull legs down and reform the legs hanging so that when they dry they are twisted or wrinkled. 

Good idea Sombrero casual friday's shouldn't be limited to Dockers and Hawaiian shirts! C

hi christian, do you know if there are different versions of the cone indigo duck fabric with the white and red selvedge line? if i remember correctly you said somewhere on denimbro that that fabric was going to be a limited run but then cone dumped a whole lot of them into the market, but, were they all the same or some are different to the others? the reason i asked about this is ive got a rising sun vest that uses a fabric with that selvedge line and just this afternoon i saw a stanley & sons apron in a local shop in jakarta made from also an indigo duck fabric with the same selvedge line but--though maybe im wrong--the hand-feel of the two fabrics seems to be very different. the apron's fabric seems to be thinner and more "sheet-like" (as in a bendy sheet of thin smooth metal--it was raw). the rising sun's fabric (if i remember correctly--maybe ive forgotten how it really felt when it was still raw) was thicker and less smooth (though not at all slubby) when it was raw.

hopefully this is not too oot for this thread. thank you in advance, christian. 

Edited by oomslokop

btw, if this means anything, i bought my rs vest in early 2011. i cant remember if left field had released their indigo duck work trousers by that time, but i remember the hipster part of me being a bit miffed a few months later when it seemed like everyone was putting out something in (what looks online like) the same fabric.

I think there was two runs of the indigo duck, but I believe all three you mentioned were from the same run, check the selvedge ID. There is 12 threads on the selvedge edge that determine the ID of the fabric. There was only four brands included in that run including Left Field but Cone dumped 1800 yards of seconds off price with a fabric Jobber so that is why so many brands ended up using the same fabric. The ones using it outside the original 4 were using seconds. I was not happy about that either. 

nice JD, can you shoot a close up of the fabric. Sure wish i could get my hands on more of that fabric. Old school LF coin pocket too. 

Thanks Christian!  Sorry it took so long to get back to ya, in the process of moving.  Anyway, here are a few random pics I had on hand of the fabric...and, yes, I agree...it is amazing fabric.  I definitely wish I could get some other things made it in!  And...I love the old school Left Field coin pocket being up high.  Think you'll do that again anytime?

2mrt91y.jpg

1264ivb.jpg

I need some advise. Ive been looking a buying a pair of the Black Maria sulphur died Chelsea jean. The cut looks pretty good. Anyone know how they wear. Do they stay dark or fade to grey quickly. My other option is the Pure Blue NC-011 which looks to be a similar cut. These definitely stay dark for a while. Cant decide which will be a nicer jean for me. Any suggestions would be welcome.

^ look up a couple posts to see what christian did to them with some serious wear. for the price the chelsea is quite a great deal and will wear  nicely.