Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Regarding stretching a 1/2", that's no problem. Currently measuring a 36 and wearing a size 32 in the Sulphur Greaser and the Chelsea WO green fills. Tight initial fit ends up molding to your body in a perfect silhouette. I get a lot of guys automatically saying these don't fit I need 2 sizes bigger when they probably have the correct size, just not accustomed to how much denim stretches(Cone a lot more then most JP mills, looser weave) If you can barely button them up then they are perfect.  My 2 cents is no prerinse/soak/wash, keep them raw and stiff, the starch  helps create amazing fades that you don't get on limp washed denim. I like the feel of breaking in stiff starchy denim, feels like work wear not a pair of dockers.  I wear them until they get that damp feeling and wash inside out in cold water in my sink with a little hand soap,  hang them on both corners of my shower caddy and let them drip into the tub. While hanging rework your jeans back to the original molded shape(should be recognizable as if they were on a body)so they aren't all wrinkled and twisted when you get into them. I know everyone has their preferences so to each their own, just the way I like them. 

Hey, I'm about ready to hop into a a pair of the green heather fill, but I wanted to get sizing advice first. My waist is a measured 32, and I've been wearing a tagged 29 tellason jgm. Would the left field 30 be a good fit? 

one thing about using a washer/dryer on raw or fairly raw denim, not good.  It can create artificial abrasions/fades from the twisting and turning that can cause marlbling (really bad on Cone White Oak Black Canvas) or other undesired lines or fades that don't sync with your normal body movement fading.  Can end up looking like some Target jeans that have fades that just don't make sense. Recently I had a customer wash and dry a pair of raw WO indigo duck chino and somehow created a massive white line up the back of his pants. Plus a starched pair will maintain the rigid creases creating deeper contrast especially in the Indigo White Oak Duck. You can see some amazing fades on these from the out of Left Field contest thread last year. Compare those that machine washed to those that didn't to see the difference. C

shit sorry to be over posting from not posting for awhile but this is a good question that a lot of people ask. Find a pair that fit's you well, that aren't overly stretched in the waistband. Make the front and back of the waist band flush(even, no dip) and pull them taunt  as if they are on your hips not laying on a table. Take a measuring tape and measure from the inside left edge to the inside right edge and then subtract and inch for stretch. Every brand fits differently, and most vanity size. I decided it was foolish to vanity size if I'm going to give the specs. It doesn't make sense to say a size 32 is actually 34" but I realize most people including myself would prefer to be a smaller size. So just because you are a size in one brand doesn't mean it will work for you in another. thanks for the support! C

shit sorry to be over posting from not posting for awhile but this is a good question that a lot of people ask. Find a pair that fit's you well, that aren't overly stretched in the waistband. Make the front and back of the waist band flush(even, no dip) and pull them taunt  as if they are on your hips not laying on a table. Take a measuring tape and measure from the inside left edge to the inside right edge and then subtract and inch for stretch. Every brand fits differently, and most vanity size. I decided it was foolish to vanity size if I'm going to give the specs. It doesn't make sense to say a size 32 is actually 34" but I realize most people including myself would prefer to be a smaller size. So just because you are a size in one brand doesn't mean it will work for you in another. thanks for the support! C

Thanks, i'll give it a shot. I haven't seen anything on the reserve denim on sufu, I'll be sure to post pictures.

Seconds Indigo canvas greasers finally arrived. The fit is absolutely spot on. Will probably order a pair of their original denim greasers as well now. 

The fabric is much lighter (not heavy) than I imagined, but there's nothing wrong with that, The color is beautiful. Can't wait to see how they fade. Definitely going to keep the length and rock stacks on this pair. Thanks LFNYC!

Edited by An Oxymoron

Anyone know how much shrinkage I can expect with the cone white oak tailored canvas chinos (indigo/brown duck)? I have a 29.5" waist, trying to decide between a 29 or a 30. I imagine these will shrink and the Japanese military chinos will not?

Thanks in advance

Edited by malikadog

Christian, do you know when the 32" White Oak Greasers will be back in stock? And do you know if Settlement Goods & Design, in Houston, which is listed as a stockist, carry the Greasers? I might be making a trip to Houston for July 4th and if the time difference between me going and you restocking is short enough I'll be patient and try them on in person there.

I'd call them and ask myself but they're closed now and I'm impatient and lazy :P.

Also you have any plans for a heavyweight denim Greaser in the near future?

Edited by jmfr

Christian, do you know when the 32" White Oak Greasers will be back in stock? And do you know if Settlement Goods & Design, in Houston, which is listed as a stockist, carry the Greasers? I might be making a trip to Houston for July 4th and if the time difference between me going and you restocking is short enough I'll be patient and try them on in person there.

I'd call them and ask myself but they're closed now and I'm impatient and lazy :P.

Also you have any plans for a heavyweight denim Greaser in the near future?

I'm not exactly the biggest authority on all things left field, but I've heard that the current nisshinbo greasers are in the neighborhood of 17oz.

I'm not exactly the biggest authority on all things left field, but I've heard that the current nisshinbo greasers are in the neighborhood of 17oz.

Yup but that was a limited run which is not being made anymore IIRC and my size isn't in stock.

^hairy nisshinbos should be 15oz. awesome denim. blue/red pocket bags?

I got the Green Fill chelseas in the mail the other day, here's some fresh-out-of-the-box fit pictures and some macros. I really like this fabric, it's so unique. The color shows more or less of the green depending on the light.

http://flic.kr/p/eDgTof

http://flic.kr/p/eDaLm4

http://flic.kr/p/eDaSi8

http://flic.kr/p/eDaSX6

Edited by altoclefchris

Just ordered 32" Greasers, hopefully shipping is fast! :D

These will be my first pair of raw selvedge.

Edit- Fedex says itll be here monday... It's a 1.5 hour drive from my house to nyc. Damnit.

Edited by jmfr

Hi, I am interested in giving Left Fields a try, and wasn't sure which size/cut would fit me better.

I normally wear Rogue Territory Stantons (size 30) and they fit me well after stretching.
The size I took from their website is: Waist: 16 Front Rise: 10.25 Back Rise: 14.75 Upper Thigh: 11.25 Knee: 7.75 Leg opening: 7.25

Edit: My true waist is around 30" and my thighs are the restricting factor.

Do I want the Greasers or Chelsea? (I'm guessing Greaser)

Also are there fade pics of the green heather fill? Looks neat.

Hope someone can help out, thanks.

Edited by Karura

^Theyre sanforized, so not much shrinkage. Maybe up to an inch in length, 5" in waist. I think the general consensus on indigo selvedge canvas is that it doesn't stretch as much as denim, possibly because of the weave. I could be wrong, but mine sure hasn't stretched much.

Thanks Trav I appreciate your input. Got any worn in pic's posted in here?

i have two indigo selvedge canvas items, but neither are greasers. I have a pair of raleighs and a workshirt by rogue territory. haha and neither are worn in at all. So im afraid im no help there! But i can tell you its awesome fabric though. Check the left field contest thread to see some nice fades.

I woke up to the doorbell being rang today with my greasers from Fedex. Unfortunately, they're a lot tighter than I was expecting. The waist measures 30 and the thighs measure 12. According to LFNYC, that's a 31, not a 32. The thighs on these are pretty much skin tight. Any chance these will stretch in the thighs, or should I try again?

I can feel the waist stretching a little but the thighs are the issue.

Edited by jmfr