Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Does anyone have experience soaking a pair of LF White Oak Chelseas or Greasers? I'm on the fence, the length is perfect as is, I'm tall and cannot really give up any inseam shrinkage. I'd like to soak these as they're new and I'm curious to see how the denim reacts.

If I go ahead, I plan on a cold water soak. What kind of length can I expect to give up with a cold water soak?

Any advice on maintaining length whilst soaking would be truly appreciated.

Edited by anthonylane

Does anyone have experience soaking a pair of LF White Oak Chelseas or Greasers? I'm on the fence, the length is perfect as is, I'm tall and cannot really give up any inseam shrinkage. I'd like to soak these as they're new and I'm curious to see how the denim reacts.

If I go ahead, I plan on a cold water soak. What kind of length can I expect to give up with a cold water soak?

Any advice on maintaining length whilst soaking would be truly appreciated.

hey, i just measured a fresh pair and the pair of size 34 cone (white pocket bags, redline selvage) greasers that i inherited from a friend who washed (hot) and dried them about 15 times to get 100% of the shrinkage out.

they started out at 36" inseam and ended up at 35". this is as much shrinkage as possible. i've heard a few things like pulling on the legs and hanging weights from them to keep them from shrinking. i bet a cold soak would take them up about .5" with no extra work. if you made sure to pull on them as they are drying i bet you can reduce the shrink to almost nothing.

anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...

your son's growing up fast, how'd the vest hold up to your Canadian winters? NY was mild again and have had a plastic sled I bought to take my daughter sledding, sitting in my kitchen for 2 years with no action? Nice to see some new picts. Christian

Hey guys. We've got a few one offs sitting around. 1 in size 32 Chelsea and 1 in size 32 Greaser. Collect Mills Grey Heather Yarn Dyed Denim. Approximately 14.5oz. Wanted to give Sufu the first crack at them instead of putting them up on the website.

Send me a message on here or email [email protected] if you're interested. $230 shipped for Sufu.

RDul8If.jpg?1

e0WZ8op.jpg

u34Ua8H.jpg

EDefDiL.jpg

4rzyI9S.jpg

BLOK6lc.jpg?1

Og9TSjl.jpg?1

HUd2OMk.jpg?1

Edited by ADH92

Goes fast Mister H, before you know it he will be asking you for an iphone and some vintage Levis. Put up some picts when you have a chance of the olive ducks, they sold out before I had a chance of grabbing one and want to see how they are breaking in. C

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I was wondering if someone could help me with a sizing question. I plan on getting a pair of Greasers, which will be my first pair of "nice" jeans in a few weeks when I start my new job, and aside from the waist, the 32 is almost exactly what I need. The only issue is I have a 33-34" waist, and the 32 is measured at a 31.5" waist. Other than that, the thigh, knee, leg opening, etc measure almost exact to a pair of Gap jeans that I have that fit me great. Should I get the 32s and expect the waist to stretch out that much? I have a pair of cheap Levi 559s that have measurements pretty close to the 33 measurements, and those are comfortable, but they are a bit too loose for my taste. Also, if I get 32s, will they stretch too much in the thighs?

And one more question, my plan is to do a pre-soak, with the intention of shrinking them a little bit and stretching back to the original size, and also to prevent dye transfer on my shoes and stuff. Any objections to this? I searched and not much in this thread came up.

Thanks!

^ this is sound advice. soak can help soften and get ride of some starch but you won't really get any true shrinkage w/ sanforized denim. Just stretch, then w/ a soak you can tighten them back to the pre soak fit. 

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but do the canvas greaser jeans fade? Haven't been here in a long time so I'm out of the loop.

Edited by An Oxymoron

Oh snap, completely forgot about that thread. Didn't realize they were the same fabric as the chinos.Thank you.

edit: what kinds of irregularities should I expect from the LFNYC seconds? Is it worth it for 32 bucks off?

Edited by An Oxymoron

They will stretch about 1 inch in the waist. If I was you I would go with size 33. No objections to pre soak. These are sanforized so you won't get much shrinkage, but I always pre soak. Sanforized or not.

Thanks. On second thought, I need to lose a few pounds, so I'm going to not allow myself to buy them until I can fit into the 32s. I need motivation quite badly :P. I'm wearing a belt on the 3rd notch which has marks on the 6th and 7th (last two) notches, so I must have had a 31-32 inch waist at some point.

Edited by jmfr

hey, i just measured a fresh pair and the pair of size 34 cone (white pocket bags, redline selvage) greasers that i inherited from a friend who washed (hot) and dried them about 15 times to get 100% of the shrinkage out.

they started out at 36" inseam and ended up at 35". this is as much shrinkage as possible. i've heard a few things like pulling on the legs and hanging weights from them to keep them from shrinking. i bet a cold soak would take them up about .5" with no extra work. if you made sure to pull on them as they are drying i bet you can reduce the shrink to almost nothing.

anyone else?

You already know how I feel about this, Satchel.  Hem in the extra inch.  Then tub soak and dry the piss out of them in a laundry bag or pillowcase on the highest heat setting.  Resoak and hang dry cos of the dryer wrinkles and then shit man, Bob's your uncle.

I have heard about the weights on the legs.

Satchel, was that 15 times through the dryer or with hang dries?  I've tried multiple soaks before.  idk, just plan ahead and machine dry with care.

they were dryer. super blasted.  i'll photograph them. dad-left fields.