Left Field Jeans

scotty2

rookie question here but the indigo selvedge canvas chinos are described as 'raw' on the leftfield website. so do they require an initial soak before wearing to get all the shrinkage out?

I have a pair with the same fabric (I think) in the greaser cut. I just soaked them after a few months, and I didn't notice any shrinkage.

Took some pictures, and wrote a post about my "high slub rinse" jeans I picked up 3 years ago from Context's NYE09 flash sale. Still love them, just don't get to wear them much, given the day gig.

http://elitistforthemasses.blogspot.com/2013/02/left-field-high-slub-jeans_20.html

• 2 weeks later...

that's what christian told me in october. handing both, it's pretty similar but the denim in the newer batches does seem a little more solid.

it's great denim. we've had it for a bit so now we're seeing some pairs that have had a few months of wear come back into the shop looking great.

Edited by satchelbmoore

Took some pictures, and wrote a post about my "high slub rinse" jeans I picked up 3 years ago from Context's NYE09 flash sale. Still love them, just don't get to wear them much, given the day gig.

http://elitistforthe...b-jeans_20.html

I got the same ones from the same sale back in 09!

Mine have a lot of wear - about 1.5 yrs daily and they're awesome. I'll work on getting pics up here.

Hi guys. I just wanted to post to let the superfuture community know that I'm working at Left Field for Christian up in NY now. I'm excited to see where his brand goes, and I feel lucky to have the opportunity to see how it all happens.

Ah shit! I met you last night at the Atlas party. Thought you looked familiar.

Hey guys,

Just picked up my 2nd pair of Left Fields, this time I went with the Chelsea's in Cone's White Oak. Love the orange line, nice detail. Curious as to what weight these are as they feel considerably lighter than my 501zxx's and my Collect Mill Greasers—which isn't a bad thing—should make for great wearing Summer denim.

what up tony,

dope that you caught the LF bug!

it depends on the color of the selvage. there's been a bit of a range between 12.5 and 13.5. the current batch we have at the shop and are coming from lfnyc.com is 13. the orange line is 13.5. there isn't very much starch which makes it feel so nice and soft.

Edited by satchelbmoore

trying not too hog too much of this thread but...

i'm about an hour into a fresh pair of choctaw ridge boxer briefs. now i have 8 pairs.

these are comfy as shit. underwear on another level. everything in the line is on point. you can like it for the same reasons you like LF. except they are seriously comfortable right away.

there hasn't been much SUFU love for Choctaw. are you all still wearing BVDs?

pricey but worth it. anyone else have any experience with CR? i'm slowly making the switch over to 100% choctaw all the time. that will be a great day.

Edited by satchelbmoore

i like vests like that oversized to wear over sweaters and sweatshirts that don't have pockets.