Left Field Jeans

scotty2

I tried that but home delivery is closed Sunday and Monday regularly, and Tuesday for the holiday. Oh well, no biggie.

i personally have never had much luck with fedex. something always seems to happen. i hope you get your package soon though! left field is suuuuch a good brand.

It actually came today. The only thing I can figure is my friend who works for FedEx Ground came through in getting it pulled of the belt and onto a Ground truck because it showed up randomly.

These blow my mind in every way.. Such a fanboy of LF lately.

of the three pairs of greasers i have at my apartment:

15oz nisshinbo: red

13oz cone mills (2012) run: red

12.5oz broken twill cm: blue

i'll have to check on the current nisshinbo run. i'm pretty sure it's the same denim as the nisshinbo chelsea. i can't remember if it's blue or red.

anyone who's wearing some left hand twill nisshinbo left fields, what's your selvage?

Edited by satchelbmoore

hey does anybody know if the nisshinbo greasers have red selvedge id or is it blueline like cone mills?

i have the nisshinbo chelseas and it's red. i am pretty sure the greasers are the same.

Sorry for the low-res but I figure I ought to share as they're about unwearable now.

Left Field High Slub(Kuroki). Got these 2010 and wore them through to about June 2012. 1 wash per season.

Definitely got my money's worth of wear and memories in these.

eWDkV.jpg

This was like 3 months in.

DNfXz.jpg

About a year of wear.

S2min.jpgYlII1.jpg

BVaT3.jpg

2 years.

damn, dude. those are beautiful and ugly as fuck at the same time. i salute you and that pair of jeans.

dope, those Kuroki's were a sick denim, glad to see you road them for the full ride and maybe more. I have a new 15oz Kuroki next in cut, both fits. in talks with Black & Blue about a black/black Chelsea fit for them in the pipeline. I am probably going to keep the basic White Oak as a basic and drop some interesting JP denims, with some real small cuts of unusual stuff. Been having some issues with Cone and they aren't wanting to do anything special now that they are in full shifts at White Oak with the basic 13 oz run of the mill... anyway trying to keep things interesting by mixing it up with different mills, weight shades and colors, showing a grey heather Selvedge for fall 13 this month at Capsule. The Chelsea(after the Hotel not neighborhood) and the Greaser aren't discontinued just the denims from the past down to 5 pairs of the Nisshinbo in the Chelsea and not much in the Greaser, they are very different fabrics by the way the Greaser Nisshinbo is hairy stiff and heavy 15+ the Nisshinbo I used in The Chelsea is nice and dark, stiff(tight weave) and year round 13 oz. C

I picked up the indigo dyed loop terry crewneck sweatshirt a couple of weeks ago. This thing is awesome. I can't take it off. I highly recommend it, and I think it is going to age beautifully. Size large, 6'0 190 lbs.

By the way, I don't know shit about sweatshirts or t-shirts; Is this loopwheeled? It's advertised as "loop terry", and there are loops on the inside, but it seems a lot of the japanese sweatshirts that are loopwheeled have the same colored threads on the inside as on the outside, and the loops look smaller than on this one. I haven't actually handled any of these in person though.

8369659074_b75e61c4e8_b.jpg

8369659514_583c06cc98_b.jpg

8368593233_d25a70896c_b.jpg

8368593635_e88a25f031_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

it's been a little bit since this thread got some love. i'm about 2 weeks into a pair of 15oz nisshinbo greasers. this is the first time in my life where i've opted for a style of jeans that i've already owned. (see above for my previous greaser experience).

my 12.5oz white oak broken twills started very snug (size 32) and stretched out rather significantly.

with the 15oz the 32s didn't quite give me the shape in the thigh/leg that i was looking for. I'd reluctantly sold the last of the 31s a few month ago so....30 it is... and dang were (are) they tight. i'm definitely earning the fit on these and in about a month they should be just about perfect. i've already gained room everywhere.

the denim is hairy and gorgeous. some of my favorite jeans i've come across and a great deal if you can find them in your size at regular price and an even better deal that some retailers (including LF itself) have discounted them. i've seen a few come back to the shop after months of wear and i'm very excited for mine to age (and stretch!).

it was -6˙F in saint paul yesterday when i took this picture. looks like i'm about to go on an arctic motorcycle ride. anyone else rocking greasers with engineer boots? is the shin/boot stacking fade a thing? since i hemmed my other greasers i'm thinking about leaving these double-cuffed so i get some more fade-action from the knee down.

E9339D59-D5E9-4DA8-A5E0-5A35E94ADD8F-21487-00001B417029313C.jpg

Edited by satchelbmoore

yup. 32 but they were from when the greaser was called a 'slim' and a 32 measured about 30.5

• 2 weeks later...

nice satchel..

i hear you about not going for the same jean twice, but i think with the nisshinbos,its totally worth it. especially since theyre in their last run.

i usually wear a size 30, but i went 29 with these. when i they were snug, but i could still button them up all of the way. but youre right. they dont stretch much, which is a good thing, imo. but it really only took a few days for them to fit perfect.

*mine were the chelseas from the last run.

Edited by jus schilling

this denim is ridiculous. took these during breakfast a couple days ago after they dried from shoveling snow in them.

nisshinbodenim2_zpsfbb3cee6.jpg

nisshinbodenim3_zpsb9084d47.jpg

nisshinbodenim_zps58c9aa10.jpg

yes@the hair.

btw, is there any consensus on the weight of the chelsea nisshinbos from the previous run (bought in sept 2012) is? i keep hearing 15oz, but they really dont seem anywhere near that heavy. i dunno, havent paid attention. just been wearing 'em.

^ the pictures i just posted are the 15oz nisshinbo denim. they never made chelseas out of the 15oz. your nisshinbo chelseas should be left hand twill. (denim looks like \\\\\\\\\\) if so, they are 13oz.

Edited by satchelbmoore

Sorry for the low-res but I figure I ought to share as they're about unwearable now.

Left Field High Slub(Kuroki). Got these 2010 and wore them through to about June 2012. 1 wash per season.

Definitely got my money's worth of wear and memories in these.

2 years.

Insane. Are those in the gallery?

^ the pictures i just posted are the 15oz nisshinbo denim. they never made chelseas out of the 15oz. your nisshinbo chelseas should be left hand twill. (denim looks like \\\\\\\\\\) if so, they are 13oz.

thanks, yeah, thats what i was thinking. also, right after i posted about sizing down on my pair, of course the button fucking pops off. 5 months in, not bad. and completely my fault. these jeans are pretty tough. wonder if i email christian if i could buy another button.

• 2 weeks later...