Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Both my black ducks and my officer chinos both had kind of a weird fly situation, where the fly did not quite line up, and kind of looked "open". In some of the fit pics, the fly seems a little off. I'm handy enough with a needle and thread that it was a pretty easy fix, so not a real big deal.

However, while I want to pull the trigger on some greaser jeans, I don't want to deal with the fly situation with denim. Has anybody else experienced this?

Great pants otherwise though, and Christen is totally on point with the customer service!

get the greaser. the construction, fit and rise situation are very nice. both the cone and nisshinbo denim are great. the greaser is one of our most popular fits in the shop.

a local styleblogger made this video of me at the shop a couple weeks ago. my acting/shirt-tucking skills notwithstanding, my broken twill CM greasers get a lot of screen-time. you can see if my 'fly situation' is suitable.

they are at about 100 days of continuous daily wear in this video. these are breaking in beautifully.

Edited by satchelbmoore

you represent the Greasers well Satchel! shop looks cool I didn't get a chance to check it out when I was at Northern Grade but def will next time. I get a large percentage of orders from Minnesota, real salt of the earth people. I got a really good vibe there. C

beeetus,

we have a few sizes left of White Oak greasers at BlackBlue. what are you looking for?

@magas The selvedge ID generally is used this to identify the denim. I know Cone does this, there is about 12 threads that you can change in any sequence to identify the denim. The Nisshinbo Greasers are all cut so when they are gone so will that fabric unfortunately, but I have run it for a few seasons now so always looking for something a little different.

@beeetus I think i am only going to run The Chelsea fit in the WO indigo duck, most of my wholesale orders fell into that fit, I am working on a new custom Left Field bandanna that is a heavy 7 oz twill because I know the reg US made bandanna pockets aren't as durable. This is a big monkey wrench in the gears for the factory that makes them because they don't use this weight ever for bandanna's they will have to be hand sewn because of the thickness and have to adjust the artwork for the twill fabric so hoping by the end of August since i want the next run to all have the new heavy bandanna pockets. Satchel let me know if you want to get in on these for Black & Blue.

@bocaburger are you refering to the ones that were a looser fit? If so I believe Hickorees still has some called The Working man's fit

I also have a cool White Oak denim coming out this fall with a green heather fill, this is a reserve edition fabric and extremely limited. This fabric reminds me of the green bartacks and button hole thread used on the old work wear overalls. Not sure if this has any weight but thought it might have to do with the Irish since a lot of the miners back in the day were Irish, not to mention the 4 leaf clover on the Osh Gosh button.

Lastly I know a few have asked about the Cone White Oak selvedge brown duck, I will be making this in both the miner and the tailored fit chinos. Most likely an August delivery.

thanks for the support! Christian

Edited by Left Field

Thanks christian. Chelsea cut it is! I love the fabric and considered a pair of the chinos, but my style fits better with a traditional 5-pocket jean cut. I was hoping for the greasers as I'm worried the leg opening on the chelsea might be a little small, but the heavy bandanna pocket bags sound exciting.

@christian, if steve doesn't get in touch with you shortly, send him a hello.

also, i sent you an email about our link on your stockist page today.

thanks!

regarding the indigo duck 5 pockets I checked my cutting tickets and I am doing the Greaser as well it was the Cone Green fill denim I'm just doing in The Chelsea. Hickorees does have a bunch of great guys over there and always good to support your local indie shops!

@Left Field thanks for answering.

I haven't seen many photos of how cone greaser look after time,

so here is mine, 10 months, 3 soaks, and one machine wash.

I have some rips on the crotch, hole in the pocket bag, little tear on the left side and on the back pocket to.

I think it is safe to say that this denim is pretty strong considering the weight. solid construction! I start wearing them to skateboard sometime during the 6th months this denim got a lot of falling and dragged on the ground. pretty much beaten.

greaserfront.jpg

greaserback.jpg

Hey Boca those are the greasers, there has been a few minor changes but pretty much the same fit although I think the rise is slightly longer as well.

thanks for the picts magas pretty dope you skate in them, The Nisshinbo greaser would be more durable but also damn hot today, it's heavy and stiff, tight weave, just hit over 100' in NYC today, fucking hell it's too hot to think right now. C

Edited by Left Field

all of the buttons fell off of my black ducks.