Left Field Jeans

scotty2

thanks gnu, the camo's supposed to be launched may 30th with the rest of the HIllsides collaborations. only ran 30,32,34 and 36 since its a small cut, they are heavy on the larger sizes by their request. C

Regarding the fit of the most recent miners chino's. I just received a pair of 32 (measure 33") caramel chino's in the mail. even though the posted measurements indicate they should fit, they are way to tight from about mid thigh to crotch. are these a slimmer cut this time around? also, the inseam measures 33", even though the site measures them at 35". I found it odd that the 150# model wears a 33, but now I kind of understand based on how these are cut. Im debating if I should get the 34, but Im afraid that in order to get a proper thigh fit, the waist band is going to be way huge.

sorry for the delay, i have been out of town this week.

Do you have a chainstich hemmer at home or work? that's dope! What size inseam do you normally wear?

@christian, i have it at home but BlackBlue owns it. we just don't have room at the shop. i'm usually between 30" and 33" inseam depending on the cut/cuff/taper situation. my greasers are cut to a 32". if you know it offhand, can you PM me the color/weights of the thread you use on the hem? i've done t-80 for top and bottom on all the LFs i've done so far.

i'm all about the greaser's rise and a lot of MN peeps (guys and girls) do too. a lot of girls probably wouldn't mind greaser's top with a tapered leg. i'm curious to see the new fits.

we spoke for a second at the end of northernGRADE. the people here are amazing.

Edited by satchelbmoore

hey garden gnomes, i was totally flummoxed by the "model's" measurements. i would ignore what size he's wearing, cuz he obviously sized up to get a draped, looser fit without having a break-in period. i'm 160-165# and got a 31, so that dude's on crack. i went tts with the new cut and the same size as the contest chinos i have (which are clearly cut larger in the thigh) and am glad i did. i was worried at first as they were very snug (ok, tight!) but they have stretched very nicely and are great trim fit. i posted a couple of photos a page back. good luck.

hey garden gnomes, i was totally flummoxed by the "model's" measurements. i would ignore what size he's wearing, cuz he obviously sized up to get a draped, looser fit without having a break-in period. i'm 160-165# and got a 31, so that dude's on crack. i went tts with the new cut and the same size as the contest chinos i have (which are clearly cut larger in the thigh) and am glad i did. i was worried at first as they were very snug (ok, tight!) but they have stretched very nicely and are great trim fit. i posted a couple of photos a page back. good luck.

how much would you say they stretch? These are like fucking spandex at the moment. I have been taking with Christian (who, by the way takes the cake in terms of standing behind his product and helping people. hats off to him and Left Field) and he is going to send me a 33. I think that would be the best bet regardless, as Im not looking for a snugger, jeans type of fit. Thanks for the info btw.

If Christian stops by today...

Looks like the Hillside collab launches tomorrow? Are they going to be available on your site or Hillside's or somewhere else entirely?

Picking up some of this stuff would be a welcome distraction from all of the studying I'm having to do these days.

just stopped by the Hillside launch party tonight, but it was only instore. I believe Emil said it was official on the 30th so when they are official so am I, not to many small sizes and only evens sizes, bulk in 34 and 36. we also did a colaboration on a Choctaw boxer if anyone is interested. thanks for the kind words, it's important to get the right fit and understand the amount of stretch that occurs after wear. Stretch is much greater on a washed pair then raw. But for guys that want slim fit they shoudl be pretty tight initially. if they are initially tight but you can button up they should be perfect. C

well they are raw dkatz so if you rinse them they will probably get pretty close, they are similar to my Japanese twills, very fine twill with a slight sheen that comes from fine combed yarns, pretty dope, waiting for my guy to load up the site tomorrow and emil waives the checkered flag, if they aren't online Hickorees they have them instore so you can contact them as well. Not trying to cause a supply shortage overhyped demand but I think I only have about 3 30's and one 32 at this time maybe 5 34 and 6 36. Anyway hoping to do some more fun collabs with The Hillside, Emil and Sandy are awesome guys and local Brooklyn boys so we have to keep things tight. C

^ Yup, look awesome. Actually there is an awful lot of desiderata in that "The Hill-Side & Co." collection - then again, this coming from a guy who wears loud-ass prints on the reg.

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

Hey, Christian- if you can share, and are interested in doing so, I'd actually be quite interested to hear how this all went down. Did the HS fellas approach you knowing they wanted a pair of chinos and then gave you their fabric-book to decide what you were into making them out of? What was the process like?

Whats the consensus on the stretch of the new indigo duck pants. My waist measures 30-31ish depending on the day, so I'm debating between a picking up the 30 (measures to a 31) or the 31 (measures to a 31.5) ?

adh props for picking up the camo pants, I'm tossing the idea around but may pass and just pick up the organic indigo. On an unrelated note, how do you like your RRL boots? They look badass, I'm keeping my eye out for when they finally go on sale.

On an unrelated note, how do you like your RRL boots? They look badass, I'm keeping my eye out for when they finally go on sale.

His boots are not made anymore, they are the Julien Emrie made version. The current RRL engineers are made by Murdock and are quite different. You may be able to find your size on ebay.

^I know, I was just curious, it was more of a complement toward adh because those pictures of him shooting in the desert are pretty awesome. I bought that same style a while back for dirt cheap during some big RRL sale here in LA, returned them because i didn't think I could pull them off at work, and have since been kicking myself for the past six months. To bad it didn't work out during this last sale either, so I'm still searching.

Anyway, don't want to derail the left field talk too much.

I guess I am a day or two late for the party.

I am sure the pants could be dressed up and a bit more #menswear, but I don't rock dub monks, and my blog sucks.

but i digress...

tumblr_m57t51V7U61qd5balo1_500.jpg

A ton of fun, really love these pants. The 'miner cut' is perfect, gonna have to go after some more pairs down the road. really stoked to wear these to summer parties and while I am blowing shit up on July 4th.

the perfect summer pant, seriously.

Robbie, perfect fit. We'll have to wear them together haha.

In regards to my RRL engineers, the fit is perfect for me. I have a long narrow foot so there was never any problem in terms of sizing. Also, I find the studs to actually be pretty conservative. I've never had anyone ask me about the studs and I already have 4 or 5 pairs of traditional black engineers and then my brown MFRC's so it's nice to have a little variation. For the price these were going for they're definitely worth it. Anymore questions shoot me a message. Wish I could get my hands on a pair of the light brown ones...

I see left field has plans to release the duck chinos in a brown selvage(black line) canvas. I'm wondering if anybody knows if it will be offered in the miner cut? It appears they are making more tailored cuts to satisfy a demand, but I'm hoping they offer these in the classic miner cut.