Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Looks pretty good Gold. One question: Why is your cuff so big???

Probably because he's badass.

more or less of a taper than the apc's? I think i'm gunna order a pair, the quality looks fantastic.

would you say you're satisfied with the jean fit and quality overall?

Think more '66 501, as thats what it looks like the fit was based on.

more or less of a taper than the apc's? I think i'm gunna order a pair, the quality looks fantastic.

would you say you're satisfied with the jean fit and quality overall?

I purchased these from BIG and I loved the details on the jeans. THe denim, hardware, patch, pockets, etc. The jeans had been industrially laundered. They didn't have a "wash" like predefined whiskers, but they were very soft. If you don't mind that then go ahead and get them now, but I believe BIG is suppose to get them in, within the next couple of weeks in a raw state, and that is when I will be purchasing another pair. I returned my previous pair as I did not like the softness too much.

I got mine coming to me already... can't wait. Man the pics of that denim looks insane. I almost want to buy another pair for dessert.

this is what gordon had to say about shrinkage:

Maximum expected shrinkage is about 2" in the waist, 2.5" in the inseam, 1"

in the rise, and 1/2" in the leg. About half of the expected shrinkage will

occur with just soaking and hang drying.

hope that helps anyone else who was interested...

this is what gordon had to say about shrinkage:

Maximum expected shrinkage is about 2" in the waist, 2.5" in the inseam, 1"

in the rise, and 1/2" in the leg. About half of the expected shrinkage will

occur with just soaking and hang drying.

hope that helps anyone else who was interested...

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate that. Now i'll have to do hot hot soak. :D

Just got a nice little present in the mail. Gotta get back to work but the denim is amazing. Will post some pics later while watching the cavs dust the magic... hopefully.

Just got a nice little present in the mail. Gotta get back to work but the denim is amazing. Will post some pics later while watching the cavs dust the magic... hopefully.

cant wait

i wanna see some more fit pics. these jeans are pretty damn cool.

As raw as they can get.

pics. The jeans are soaking right now.

img2108resize.jpg

img2113resize.jpg

img2110resize.jpg

img2111resize.jpg

Love almost everything about these jeans. One thing I do not like is the fly has blue stitching instead of yellow stitching. I think I will reinforce the stitching with yellow/gold stitching.

These still appear to have the tailor's chalk on them..

yeh, i dig the blue stitching.

wasn't that one of the detail's mizanation mentioned about his custom jeans? that it was a design element to move the eye away from the crotch.

and yeh, wondered about the coin pocket too, but really kind of dig it.

I usually do a room temp soak, because I hand wash all my jeans in cold water anyways. I let the jeans dry overnight and they still aren't dry yet. Damn marine layer. They should be dry when I get home from work and I will take measurements again. I have a feeling these jeans will stretch quite a bit. The weave seems a bit looser than normal denim. I was told that the denim almost broke the looms it was weaved on. These jeans are gangsta. Red and Blue bandana pocket representing the B's and C's. It looks like for some of the chainstitching they used both gold and blue thread for the same stitch, pretty nice. The coin pocket is a bit high, but I think it is meant to make the jeans look a bit minerish like early levis.

Oh yeah and they still have hidden rivets... a must.

Fit pics for all ya:

frontftk.jpg

backpey.jpg

Alright, I love these jeans. Way too much character.

Regarding shrinkage. I did not see much.

The waist measured about 33in and shrank to about a 32in. The length shrank from about 34.25 to about 33.25. Leg and opening both shrank about a quarter inch. 8.25 to 8 and 7.75 to 7.5 respectively.

Peace.

My Raw Tweed are almost dry.

They shrank to a 31.5" waist. Hectic evening so I haven't taken any more measurements.

I was nervous about the slim-ness of the cut before getting them. Quickly tried them a couple minutes ago and the fit is great. Not too slim at all. Beautiful denim!!

My Raw Tweed are almost dry.

They shrank to a 31.5" waist. Hectic evening so I haven't taken any more measurements.

I was nervous about the slim-ness of the cut before getting them. Quickly tried them a couple minutes ago and the fit is great. Not too slim at all. Beautiful denim!!

Are yours 32 tagged zakurie ?

Most likely.

I have been contemplating picking up another pair... just in case.