Lent

pete mcstunna

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ yeah it starts with a K

is there a support group for catholics during lent

i already dont eat food so i didnt give that up, already got rid of my facebook and games even before lent.. giving up kpop basically means cant talk to most of my sufu friends, twitter, no youtube, no blog/tumblr lol

all i have left is school, going insane

you didn't pick up a saint's name when you were confirmed? wait, not confirmed. but that thing that happens after you're confirmed.

EDIT: wait, yes. its confirmation. i was thinking first communion for some reason. i am a bad former catholic

Ah, that's what you were talking about. I'm still not confirmed (confirmated?). Also, after confimation do you actually lawfully have an extra name? Like, it's in your ID and shit? From what i gather, people here (Poland) do chose one, but it's not like a real middle name.

Sorry if i sound ambiguous

^ no, lol. you just pick a name, usually after a saint when you get confirmed. (it's not an official name, it just appears on your confirmation certification if you choose)

the thing that's scary about confirmation is..

after you're confirmed, there's no turning back. o_O

btw i chose Damian, after St. Damian, known as the patron saint of the silverless i believe.. peasant status.

Yeah, that's why I was confused because he said that he had the extra name to prove it, and people don't normally use their confirmation names. So I thought he was talking about catholics giving two names to their child at birth, or sth.

I didn't want to get confirmed when i was supposed to, cause i had a little faith crisis and also was disgusted at all those people taking it just because their parents told them to, or just so they don't have any problems when getting married. Those idiots fucking make me sick. I was recently thinking about getting it tho. Maybe next year?