NYC Subway Stories

TheBrokeDJ

That picture is just an illusion due to perspective. Look at the size of the spiders compared to the dude's sleeve hole, not the guy in the background's leg....they aren't actually all that big.

man, those things are still fucking big regardless.

Ahh man I remember when some dude was doing that Three Card Monte shit on the train. The thing is he would let people win when they picked out the card that had the red diamond or w.e for little money like 20s 40s.. But when people got so amped and put up like 100-200 he defintetly won. I played before like an idiot lol just to test it out , i won $40 then lost $80 hen I got big headed I fucking flipped that cardboard box he was dealing on lol .I know for a fact where the card was picked it , and it wasnt there lol.

Guy : "come on my brother you take it like a man"

scamming ass lol

Ahh man I remember when some dude was doing that Three Card Monte shit on the train. The thing is he would let people win when they picked out the card that had the red diamond or w.e for little money like 20s 40s.. But when people got so amped and put up like 100-200 he defintetly won. I played before like an idiot lol just to test it out , i won $40 then lost $80 hen I got big headed I fucking flipped that cardboard box he was dealing on lol .I know for a fact where the card was picked it , and it wasnt there lol.

Guy : "come on my brother you take it like a man"

scamming ass lol

wow

how old were you when you did this

if you were over 16 you lost

ill set the scene by saying i drunkenly decided to go home with a girl i had met five minutes earlier. we caught a cab uptown then a train over to her place and she seemed pretty cool, kinda quirky but i dug it. so while on the train home she strikes up conversation with the drunk dude across from us and ends up asking him if she could perhaps listen to what he was listening to on his pod. he's got some latin nonsense and she fakes interest and at this point im thinking shes simply messin with him. she offers him her ipod to let him hear something new while she listens to his bad jams. jumping right back into conversation, he doesnt even get to listen to anything and then outta nowhere she grabs me at the next stop and throws me off the train while stupid me is trying to tell her that the ipods got switched without her realizing. turns out hers was broken and she scammed the dude for his pod. luckily i was schwastey or idk that i wouldve slept well that night. i, for some reason, havent seen her since.

three years ago, i used to dress really badly and hung out with hipsters. hence, i wore one of those kaffiyeh scarves--cause that just pulls so much hipster poon.

i was wearing it while taking a train ride down to astor. Around Grand Central, this girl standing says, excuse me to me (i'm sitting down). I look up, and it's a middle eastern girl, but not in any robes, she was americanized and had an american accent. She's probably 2 or 3 years older than me. She says,

"Why are you wearing that?" (pointing to my scarf).

In my head I think, "Oh fuck, i've offended a muslim person."

she continues

"Where I'm from, people wear that as a sign of rebellion. Tell me, are you rebelling against something?"

Still nervous, I jokingly say.

"I guess I'm just rebelling against preppy clothes"

She takes me seriously, and says "Oh okay."

We end up talking about the scarf for a while and she asks me a lot of questions about my background, what I do, where I go to school, and eventualyl sits down next to me. I start thinking she's into me, and i'm excited cause she was pretty attractive. I tell her I'm getting off the next stop, and she says the following:

"oh that's too bad, can i just ask you for something before you go?"

I smile and say yes, thinking she wants my number.

she: "Can I say a prayer over you?"

me; uhhhhhh....

and in the middle of the train she puts one hand over my head and starts praying for jesus to bless me. Turns out she's a christian. Before I leave, she hands me a jesus pamphlet and tells me to meet her and all the other "youhts" at union square later in the day to learn more about the word.

starts out interesting then gets jesus freaky

this really old dude gave me a korean bible after i told him i cant speak nor can i read in korean. he was not korean but he also gave me this weird christmas picture book that was sickeningly religious. all on the g train between 4-6am in october 2008. . ..

about a month ago im with my boy who just graduated from the police academy riding the b train from dekalb going into manhattan at about 5am after a night of debauchery and we're just cracking jokes and ribbing each other and it goes something like this.....

(i'm wearing a vintage raiders shirt btw)

friend: fuck you supposed to be in that shirt? a nwa reject?

me: if that's the case, fuck the police

me+friend:laughs

old random dude:(walks over) that's the problem with you niggers, no respect for authority

me: word? that's how you really feel?

friend:(lifts shirt revealing gun/badge) I am the motherfuckin police

me: you know you done fucked up right?

old dude: pisses pants, train comes to a stop, he runs for it

us: laughing uncontrollably

cute girl on end of the cart: walks over, hand my boy her number and goes fuck the police indeed(winks, gets off)

me: lemme borrow that badge son

friend: thought you said fuck the police

me: fuck you then

us: laughing hysterically

not so much crazy as it is funny

Two weeks ago I was on the R train heading uptown to Prince Street.

These two white kids who were decked out in some hood shit, (remember one dude had like baby blue sweats and rip off Wally's), were real high and one was talking mad loud.

One kid said, "Yo ... if a jellyfish ever attacked you I'd piss on it. My piss would prove how great of a friend I am to you."

They broke out a 6 pack of beer on the train and started drinking. One kid was worried a cop would see 'em.

The dude that was loud went on about ... "Fuck it ... I don't care if we get arrested, central bookings in Brooklyn is nicer than my house! Yo, I'd rob someone right here for one of those bologna sandwiches in the Brooklyn bookings!"

Some shook middle eastern dude turned around to look at them. They started making fun of him, saying like ... "Yeah, you know what I'm talking about!"

I had to head off the train. Those kids were crazy, a part of me wished I was fucked up with them ... seems like they get into some good healthy trouble.

three years ago, i used to dress really badly and hung out with hipsters. hence, i wore one of those kaffiyeh scarves--cause that just pulls so much hipster poon.

i was wearing it while taking a train ride down to astor. Around Grand Central, this girl standing says, excuse me to me (i'm sitting down). I look up, and it's a middle eastern girl, but not in any robes, she was americanized and had an american accent. She's probably 2 or 3 years older than me. She says,

"Why are you wearing that?" (pointing to my scarf).

In my head I think, "Oh fuck, i've offended a muslim person."

she continues

"Where I'm from, people wear that as a sign of rebellion. Tell me, are you rebelling against something?"

Still nervous, I jokingly say.

"I guess I'm just rebelling against preppy clothes"

She takes me seriously, and says "Oh okay."

We end up talking about the scarf for a while and she asks me a lot of questions about my background, what I do, where I go to school, and eventualyl sits down next to me. I start thinking she's into me, and i'm excited cause she was pretty attractive. I tell her I'm getting off the next stop, and she says the following:

"oh that's too bad, can i just ask you for something before you go?"

I smile and say yes, thinking she wants my number.

she: "Can I say a prayer over you?"

me; uhhhhhh....

and in the middle of the train she puts one hand over my head and starts praying for jesus to bless me. Turns out she's a christian. Before I leave, she hands me a jesus pamphlet and tells me to meet her and all the other "youhts" at union square later in the day to learn more about the word.

damn son you got pwned .. what a dagger lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Phrost

this morning on the uptown 6 @ bleeker

50ish black dude to hipster

"this white boy think he can put his feet up on my leg. he say he sorry. i'll take out my knife and cut you to pieces."

takes out swiss army knife from backpack and opens it

"i'm a country boy. we don't play around."

flashes knife around for a few seconds

"all right. you lucky."

puts knife back into his backpack

i was looking at hipster the whole time. he had god fearing eyes. got up quick the next stop