NYC Subway Stories

TheBrokeDJ

back in the early 90's when you could ride between cars more freely we would smoke blunts like it was our dorm room... pee, trip on cid, just basically chill. Thinking back on these activity's i am surprised that we never got caught, but in this moment, thanks to this thread, i mostly miss the peeing.

7 train to whitestone ftw.

amazing.

i can't fucks w/ going between cars anymore. i moved cars one time b/c there was no AC and it was like mid-august. popo was in the next car and gave me a fuckin ticket. dragged me to the mini precinct in the union square station, sat me down for like 30 minutes checking my history and shit. motherfucker confiscated me coffee. i had to drag my ass down to fulton ave like a month later to see a judge and shit, pay a $100+ fine.

i hope some crackhead put a bullet in that pigs bitch ass skull.

Peed btwn the trains as well. Highly recommended, so freeing. Smoked cigarettes on the platforms and btwn trains also. No shitting in public for me though til absolutely 100% necessary

one of the most glorious subway moments i've ever witnessed was sitting at the 96th st station waiting to transfer to the 1, some douchebag Sarah Lawrence kid ( i know this because he loudly announced it every 5 min) was chilling with these two very pretty girls, basically puffing himself up, trying to look as cool as possible in their eyes, pulls out a cigarette and starts to smoke.

two seconds later three undercovers are all on top of him, and this dude goes from white to grey, looking like he wants to cry.me and two friends are sitting there shaking our heads as we watch the two girls step away from him as he is whimpering about how he's a sarah lawrence student and he really cant afford to get in trouble. took the wind out of his sails.

damn, where to even begin...

new years eve im chilin downtown, we're on our way to a party in brooklyn. we take the f somewhere in bk and we need to transfer to the g train. we get off at the stop but since the g train is a piece of shit we need to be on the opposite platform and theres no way to get there. we were about to cross the tracks but we were with a girl who refused to do it (not because she was afraid of trains but she didn't wanna see any rats). so we walk to the end of the platform and get to the exit. it's dead - the booth is boarded up, theres a gate blocking the turnstiles, and the only way out is through the 7 feet tall spinning turnstile thing. so as we're leaving, a homeless black dude comes stumbling down the stairs talking gibberish, looks at us, pulls his pants down, squats, and starts projectile shitting everywhere. we book it to avoid the smell, and apparently all of my friends say it's a chick.

so we're in some hood area of brooklyn and we cross the street to get to the opposite platform. we're talking to the bitch in the booth saying we just came from the other platform and there was no way to transfer, can you please let us in through the gate. shes obviously salty that shes alone working on new years eve so shes not letting us through, but the g train rolls up and we hop that shit ("pay ya fare, pay ya fare"). we get to this party a little before midnight and theyre not letting anyone else in. its at a warehouse/garage and theres this huge closed (but not locked) gate, so at midnight everybody storms that shit and we get in for free.

so at least 200 kids storm into this shit and theres well over 1000 kids already in there and shitfaced, im running in avoiding the bouncers and running into people i know left and right (literally everyone ive ever known is at this fucking party), we're chilling in there for a while but the guys throwing that shit were tight so they deaded it.

baaaaad move. all of these kids pour out of the warehouse and just start fucking shit up. i mean reaaaaaally fucking shit up. running up the hoods and stomping on the roofs of moving taxi's, throwing bottles in the air, smashing windows and slashing tires, shit was wild. within 5 minutes 50 comes through deeeeeeeep so everybody storms into the train station and thru the opened gate. theres three tracks with two platforms in between them, and me and a few of my boys are on one of the platforms when we see a fight break out on the other one. it's like 4v2 so we're laughing and shit until we notice it's our friend jared fucking some kids up, so we hop into the middle track and onto the other platform to help him out. this fight turns into a fucking BRAWL, but after we came to help it was like 15v6 so those nigs obviously got stomped out and thrown into the tracks.

we go up the stairs to get to the other side and i see some more kids i know come down the stairs from the street gushing blood and shit. apparently they all got bottles smashed over their heads and they wanted me to come back up and fight the kids that did it, but nah fuck that i was drunk and trying to get back to the city. so we get back to the manhattan platform and i run into mad other kids i know. the train pulls in and everyone is bugging out, pounding on the doors and scaring the people inside the train. there's literally hundreds of kids on the platform all banging on the train and the conductor is shook, the train's just sitting on the platform but they won't open the doors. i guess they called for backup or something because some transit police came onto the platform, i wasn't trying to get bagged so i hopped in between cars and walked onto the train from the middle and mad people started following me.

anyways, eventually they opened the doors and the train was paaaaacked and declared an official party train. everyone was drinking, me and my boy rolled the absolute worst blunt and smoked that shit and cyphed it with some random bitches. overall it was a pretty good way to bring in the new year :)

i've got a ton more, but i doubt anyones even gonna read this long ass one

ha, thanks for the rep. i'm trying to think of some more, most aren't really that epic

one night me and my friend S were coming home from a party on 145th on the upper upper west. we were reaally fucked up on sizzurp and bud and we're at the back of the 1 train platform. train rolls through and we get on the last car, it's just me, S and this woman. she's sitting in the middle and we're sitting at the very back, and we notice she's looking at us all sketched out (it's like 4 in the morning and we're obviously very fucked up).

now the very back of the 1 train usually has conductor/driver compartments that are really easy to break into, you just twist the knob and kick it really hard and 4 times out of 5 it will pop open. from inside you can just chill or make announcements and it's a pretty good piss spot. we wanted to break into it and fuck around, but the lady was sketched and seemed like a snitch. so at 103rd we're lying on the benches and all of a sudden S just starts screaming, "WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKK HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" and we burst out laughing, so i start screaming "FUCKING CUNTS!!!!!! RAPE THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!! FUCKKKING FUCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!" ahaha, we just kept screaming and being dickheads. then the train slowed down and stopped in the middle of the tunnel and we kept screaming, the woman got really shook and moved to the end of the car while glancing nervously at the emergency brake. at the next stop she got off and we saw her move to the next car, we just laughed and chilled until 42nd. kind of dumb but it was funny at the time

on the day i graduated 8th grade, my friends and i were riding the n from ditmars blvd to qbp and some old ass chinaman was jerking it in between cars, that was fucking weird since he saw us see him and kept at it. i've seen mad homeless guys with holes in their crotch with their dicks just chilling out, that shit's uncalled for

yo dino, you think in between cars is fun? try riding the back! i've ridden the back of the 1 train between chambers and 23rd (in the tunnels) and the back of the 7 from 33rd to junction blvd (above ground), mad fun when you're crunk.

and i have a crazy one that happened to my friend in the a train tunnel involving a famous nyc graffiti artist...someone guess who and i'll share haha

back in the early 90's when you could ride between cars more freely we would smoke blunts like it was our dorm room... pee, trip on cid, just basically chill. Thinking back on these activity's i am surprised that we never got caught, but in this moment, thanks to this thread, i mostly miss the peeing.

7 train to whitestone ftw.

tell me you'd go to cherry valley/cristinas after

• 2 weeks later...

train n. rush hour. heading downtown.

an old man accidentally swiped his ass to a huge black guy's crotch as he was trying to pick up a coin he just dropped. the black guy thought the old man was hitting on him and so he kept firing off the F word. thug won't stop cussing and even threatened to hit the old man. it was obnoxious to watch. but it was all cuss thank god. drama ended when the old man jumped off the train.

damn, where to even begin...

new years eve im chilin downtown, we're on our way to a party in brooklyn. we take the f somewhere in bk and we need to transfer to the g train. we get off at the stop but since the g train is a piece of shit we need to be on the opposite platform and theres no way to get there. we were about to cross the tracks but we were with a girl who refused to do it (not because she was afraid of trains but she didn't wanna see any rats). so we walk to the end of the platform and get to the exit. it's dead - the booth is boarded up, theres a gate blocking the turnstiles, and the only way out is through the 7 feet tall spinning turnstile thing. so as we're leaving, a homeless black dude comes stumbling down the stairs talking gibberish, looks at us, pulls his pants down, squats, and starts projectile shitting everywhere. we book it to avoid the smell, and apparently all of my friends say it's a chick.

so we're in some hood area of brooklyn and we cross the street to get to the opposite platform.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahah....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahhahah....

There are three stations that part of your story could have taken place in:

Bergen, Carroll and Smith 9th. Now unless your story takes place before, i'll say '96 (and that's being kind), you were no where near the hood.

the G train runs between Brooklyn and Queens. Every other train runs though Manhattan at some point. So because the G serves minorities, and hipsters, it is poorly maintained and can leave you waiting up to a hour.

as far as urban spelunking goes, if there are two trains coming towards each other can you safely fit in the middle between the supports? i'm assuming so by the looks of it, anyone try? lol

yea im sure you can fit in between. you can also lay down in the middle of the track in the depression but you'll be eating and drinking subway grime haha

my friend's dad had a job with the mta once and as part of the orientation they showed them all pictures of what happens to a person when they get run over or hit by a train to show them how dangerous it was. good luck.

usually its some bum who rolls onto the track while sleeping lol

not to be a downer, but doesn't the fair increase today?

its been a bummer seeing the cost to ride the train steadily increase since i was a little kid:(:(:(

still cheap, especially if you got transit check.

beats paying by the distance

but yeah, fuck the MTA!

• 4 weeks later...
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahah....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahhahah....

There are three stations that part of your story could have taken place in:

Bergen, Carroll and Smith 9th. Now unless your story takes place before, i'll say '96 (and that's being kind), you were no where near the hood.

you're absolutely right. i was already drunk and we literally got out and just crossed the street, now that i think about it it was probably bergen st which is just park slope hipsterscum nowadays. but +rep for the subway knowledge...

tunnel exploring is dope. i'm down with NYCX, a bunch of teens who photo document the nyc tunnel systems. it's extremely dangerous though - in february, two of my boys drunkenly walked downtown from 125th on the 1 line and one didn't make it out alive...RIP my boy adhamskeee. if it's your first time try to find someone experienced to guide you, you gotta know which tunnels are safe (some don't have enough clearance on the sides/bottoms), where the emergency exit hatches are at etc etc. dead stations are dope too, check out 91st street on the 1 and 18th street on the 6 train. if you want a slightly less dangerous tunnel to explore (i say slightly because while you won't get hit by a train you might get raped by a bum), hit up the freedom tunnels on the west side under riverside park.

as for the story i promised, i planned on making it epic but this post is already dragging on. both guesses were right - my boy was tunnel bombing on the a line and smelled paint, looked around and saw a bunch of fresh ass still wet JA tags. looked further down the tunnel and sure enough the manz himself was walking towards him holding a huge chain haha. he pressed him for a second but once he realized he wasn't MERK or someone else he had beef with they were cool. JA shared some of his own stories and offered my friend some crack lol :o