NYC Subway Stories

TheBrokeDJ

true story: a friend of a friend was looking after some of her neighbors dogs and one of them dies, so she called the owners, they knew it would die because it was old, so they said to take it to this vet who would take care of the body. she's puts the dog in a suitcase as not to seem suspicious carrying a dead dog in the subway, and goes to the vet. as she's coming out of the subway, some guy asks to help her carry the heavy suitcase (it was a St. Bernard) and then punches her and runs off with it. wonder what the expression on his face was when he opened it.

rofl, that was too awesome man.

true story: a friend of a friend was looking after some of her neighbors dogs and one of them dies, so she called the owners, they knew it would die because it was old, so they said to take it to this vet who would take care of the body. she's puts the dog in a suitcase as not to seem suspicious carrying a dead dog in the subway, and goes to the vet. as she's coming out of the subway, some guy asks to help her carry the heavy suitcase (it was a St. Bernard) and then punches her and runs off with it. wonder what the expression on his face was when he opened it.

urban legend. I was gonna write this a few weeks ago but realized the story is BS. It's always a friend of a friend cause either it's not true, or it passed through the grapevine.

urban legend. I was gonna write this a few weeks ago but realized the story is BS. It's always a friend of a friend cause either it's not true, or it passed through the grapevine.

i think this story is older than the internets itself...

I love technology, I'm posting this in real time..

Ok, so two black birds on the platform in westbury with me waiting to go back to the city. Eventually they come sit down on the bench next to me.

Black girl: "do you know jurery?"

Me: ........sorry?

"do you know jurery?"

"Jewlery?"

"yeh like can you tell real jurery from fake jurery?"

"nah, sorry"

Other black girl: "bitch, leave him alone stop botherin'"

They go on bickering about whatever... Turning the attention away from me so I have some time to inspect the rough, shaven-3-days-ago arm/hand hair on the girl next to me. Somethings off... My eyes wonder up to her face now. Make up is caked the fuck on...... But still not enough to cover completely her 2 o'clock shadow.

Black girl from before: "are you a Muslim?"

...a fat black tranny just asked me if I was Muslim....

Me: nah, just dot care to shave

The two start to amicably argue more, first "girl" got called out by the second on not having "an 8th grade diploma" and that she in fact has "a 8th grade diploma AND a highschool diploma" blahblahsomething about getting outta tha kitchen if its too hot and blah blah how the other one loves to be in tha kitchen then how she can't take the others kitchen...

Now one is sitting on what appears to be her/his man's lap........

*I was just about to post this when I heard her say something "hormone" before starting to bump n grind to her/his boo's rnb-bumpin' cell phone, which is now still playing on the train for all to hear.

What a great little surprise to cheer up my otherwise dreadful afternoon

I have some interesting stories from the metrorail and bus system in Houston...

I hadn't lived in Houston for 2 months before I saw a man walk off the train, turn left towards the street, and get knifed in the back at random by a guy that was calmly sitting on a bench a moment before. The majority of the people that saw it freaked out, but one of them just muttered to me 'fucking katrina brings these kind of people into our city and they don't leave.' He was probably right. The assassin and the victim were probably in their 40s, emaciated, scruffy, and sweaty, but didn't really match the description of a typical local houston bum. I stayed on the train, even though it was where I was supposed to get off.

• 3 weeks later...

this happened like 2 months ago, just posting this one now. this goes out to trevor

on my way into soho to stop at some shops before I go back the the port authority bus terminal and take the bus home. I'm getting out of the train at the spring st. station heading south ( don't know what train it is) so I'm on the first step outside when I hear this:

Ayo Darrel you got some nug on choo?

Ay nah man,. you know i dont pull dat shit nigguh, dat be mad sketchy

awh shit dawg sumthin just smells mad dank in here

I was standing like 4 ft. from them with a half o of dank nug in my backpack

• 5 weeks later...
peed once btwn trains

peed 4-5 times in stations

did a #2 and had to run cuz got chased by popo(luckily had mad tissue in my pockets and wiped beforehand)

Peed btwn the trains as well. Highly recommended, so freeing. Smoked cigarettes on the platforms and btwn trains also. No shitting in public for me though til absolutely 100% necessary

back in the early 90's when you could ride between cars more freely we would smoke blunts like it was our dorm room... pee, trip on cid, just basically chill. Thinking back on these activity's i am surprised that we never got caught, but in this moment, thanks to this thread, i mostly miss the peeing.

7 train to whitestone ftw.