Robert Geller Fall 2009

mouko

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loved all the eggplant and those hats especially

FLOPPYHAT_04.jpg

who thinks i should try coppin/modifying one of these from aa to make a po' boys geller hat? i think it could look dope with longer hair and my beard, on that gold miner tip yeah?

geller's clothes seem to become more idiosyncratic with every new collection, and a few of his recurring motifs don't quite do it for me this time around, the asymmetric buttons and fabric sectioning in outerwear in particular

let's hope the quality of his clothes improve at some point

I know I'm gonna end up getting this jacket.

Also, the holy mountain alchemist hat.

I've had my eye on this one as well :( Goddamn you geller how the fuck do you expect us to afford all this?!

Also I ran into a dude at Oak yesterday who worked the show. He said that the gloves (one of my favorite parts) are NOT made by Geller and are made by some other company for cheap - like $50!

I didn't get the name yet :(

On the downside, they are untreated leather so they dye your hand every time you wear them o_O

I've had my eye on this one as well :( Goddamn you geller how the fuck do you expect us to afford all this?!

Also I ran into a dude at Oak yesterday who worked the show. He said that the gloves (one of my favorite parts) are NOT made by Geller and are made by some other company for cheap - like $50!

I didn't get the name yet :(

On the downside, they are untreated leather so they dye your hand every time you wear them o_O

Gloves are from LaCrasia. The cut aways everyone love are about 90.00.

http://www.lacrasia.com/html/men_s_gloves.html

The issue always is: Does the quality warrant the price tag on most of these Geller pieces.

I think so far what he's done is nothing too original or genuine, but he's starting to figure out what is true Geller and what's not.

His outerwear and jackets always interest me, no doubt.

I have to admit I've never had quality issues with my Geller pieces. Cloak, yes. Geller thus far everything has stood up 100% and looks nearly exactly like it did the day I bought it.

I have to admit I've never had quality issues with my Geller pieces. Cloak, yes. Geller thus far everything has stood up 100% and looks nearly exactly like it did the day I bought it.

I have to second that. I've never had any quality problems. Excellent construction, great fabrics. Geller, for a relatively new designer, is much better at choosing the right fabrics for the design than most new designers. Also, I find the pricepoint for Geller much more justifiable than many other collections.

diamonds the styling was off but the pieces are fantastic from this collection, once the looks get broken down and you see the outerwear, the shirting etc, its one of his best yet.

as for quality some people mentioned, there have been zipper issues but besides that the quality of most geller fittings is great, the fabric selections and quality has been outstanding.

Joey, how would you say the fitting of the shirts is compared to past seasons? about the same? larger? slimmer?

Just trying to get an idea of whether I should invest in more.

I would say the same. I am a 46 in Dior and most brands, but I tried on all the shirts I wanted and the 48s fit me perfectly, as all the 48s I've owned since Geller worked with Cloak.

diamonds the styling was off but the pieces are fantastic from this collection, once the looks get broken down and you see the outerwear, the shirting etc, its one of his best yet.

as for quality some people mentioned, there have been zipper issues but besides that the quality of most geller fittings is great, the fabric selections and quality has been outstanding.

one thing i am disappointed with is the ribbing...completely loses shape after a handful of wears with no way of tightening it up if that makes any sense.

• 5 months later...
This is the first spot I've seen carrying new Geller F/W '09 stuff:

http://www.geek-co.jp/GEEK/brand/robertgeller.htm#NEW%20ALLIVAL

Here's the preview post on Blackbird's blog as well:

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2009/07/robert-geller-fallwinter-2009-coming.html

Someone needs to show detail shots of the riding jacket STAT.

I'll let you know now, even though that riding jacket is denim..it's buttery soft, I want to sleep in that bitch.

how is the fit on geller jeans ? I mean what is the equivalent of size US32...size 50 ?

I'd suggest a sz 48 if you're a 32. I'm a 31 in Acne and I fit snugly into a 46.

Mouko, are you talking about this jacket:

00240m.jpg

It doesn't look like denim to me o_O

I'd suggest a sz 48 if you're a 32. I'm a 31 in Acne and I fit snugly into a 46.

Mouko, are you talking about this jacket:

00240m.jpg

It doesn't look like denim to me o_O

Whoops my bad, You linked to Blackbird and I thought you were talking about hte first coat.

Yeah, I'm a true 32...in DH I wear 31 or 32, and I am a 52 in Geller. 50 is just too tight in the thighs. I have big legs from cycling...but still, they are STUPID skinny in the thighs.

a.s.

This is the first spot I've seen carrying new Geller F/W '09 stuff:

http://www.geek-co.jp/GEEK/brand/robertgeller.htm#NEW%20ALLIVAL

Here's the preview post on Blackbird's blog as well:

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2009/07/robert-geller-fallwinter-2009-coming.html

Someone needs to show detail shots of the riding jacket STAT.

some more pics:

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/archivesf/Robert%20Geller%20FW%202009-10/