Robert Geller Fall 2009

mouko

I gotta say, after picking up a few more pieces, this has probably become my favorite season from Robert Geller so far. I think I liked fw/08 more on the runway/lookbook, but the individual pieces from this season are really spectacular. The shirts, jeans, knits and outerwear are all very nice and I love how there was more use of color for this season as opposed to last f/w. I also really like how his color schemes are carrying over, such as his use of blue from this season that is carrying over into s/s10.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is exactly why i miss f/w 08, similar color palettes man, the color pallet for f/w 08 was immaculate, i loved it.

same here best season so far imo was F/W08, think thats why out of all the RG I have the most is from F/W08.

Not really excited about F/W09 lets hope next fall is gonna be great!

I love F/W 09...but 08 will always be my favorite...I have nearly every jacket/coat from the FW08 runway, and will probably keep them forever. EVERyTHING is wearable...everything is timeless...well, except for that fucking Himalaya jacket. I wore that thing once...fucking slanged it. FW09 is a LITTLE too "Twighlight" for me, but some of the peices are really unreal. I got the denim trench...and a couple pants. I want the belt, and some more T's, but after that, I'm good for this season! I'm going to NYC next week and get to photo all of FW10 while I'm there for my blog...not as excited as if it were one of his older seasons, but, from what I've heard, the peices are a lot better in person.

a.s.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone else is trying to pick one up - take extra precaution on the sizing of the 'top coat.' I ended up ordering it from Gravitypope in a 46 because noone seemed to have a 44.

I'll post sizing info today, but I'd estimate it fits between last season's 48 and 50. It's very very large, so make sure you size down a bunch.

I know that this season has been reported to run large, but just wanted to put this out there since it's considerably larger than the other pieces I've tried on.

That is pretty typical for any sort of true overcoat since it is intended to be worn over a suit. I remember the trench coat from SS2008 was also cut a bit larger, as was a lot of the layering-friendly outerwear from last year.

Very true! I played around with it a bit today and the cut is much less oversized than I was expecting.

I am still a bit annoyed that it's so thin (definitely NOT a winter coat), but I guess that's a good thing since I can wear it in Spring/Fall as well.

Good call on the SS2008 trench, I forgot about the sizing on that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Lak - With Geller, it really just depends on the piece but in general for me, the outerwear tends to run larger than the shirting. I have a zip up hoodie in 46 from this season that fits spot on like the 48 hoodie from spring 09.

Where is the cotton peacoat you're interested in? I won't try to kop it, promise.

I wish. Odin (no longer carrying), reborn, blackbird, and archive are all losses. Archive and Blackbird post up all of their stuff and don't have it listed. I e-mailed Reborn a while back to no avail, though if you're really desperate they might be able to special order it for you. You could also call Hollander and Lexer. Can't really think of any other carriers and I'm too lazy to do any more work - all stores are listed on www.robertgeller-ny.com if you want to do some calling.