Sign in to follow this  
ProfMonnitoff

4.0... two months later

same, ive gotten used to it and runs alot smoother than two months ago. still some things that can be worked on. for a while i was discouraged to post or even log in, but its all better now.

the only problem is that when i go to open threads with alot of pics in it, ex. what are you listening to, i get this error message that it couldnt open the page. im sure i need to upgrade or get something. does anyone know what it is?

i find it still weird that after a edit your post it will disappears. it will be there and edited after you reload but for the time after you edit it'll look like it was deleted (like what used to happen when 4.0 launched)

I hate it.

i got used to it

but, like mentioned, the editing of posts is still messed up

and from time to time it doesn't redirect me correctly after making a post

i hate how i miss the other subforums

i always forget to check wayeating today?/superculture, recent purchases and superfashion since 4.0:(

everything is 2 expletive clicks instead of one!!

go back, backspace just to get to shit it seems..sigh*

The lack of a line break on posts drives me up the wall.

the combination of getting used to the site plus the improvements since the launch has resulted in a better experience- yet I am still nostalgic of 3.0's layout.

supermarket is fucked for me on mozilla though. when i click to view the forum, nothing appears besides the header and I am forced to hunt down items through their tags. anyone else having the same problem?

like mentioned before, that disappearing edited post thing is really annoying. it disappears , so i try to make a new one. then theyre are two, then i try to delete it/edit..and occasionally it happens again... must be some sorta magic trick or something....

things that have improved - nothing

1 step forward 2 steps back and other cliches brought to you by Side Ads. Taking more of your screen space since 4.0

push the ad even further to the right and i wont mind as much

that and make unread pms show up without having to click twice

The search function is a fucking joke.

It is impossible to search in specific sections of the forum now. When you try to search say the market it just lists results for every section.

everything still sucks

it still totally bites, but i've adapted somewhat.

the search function is ass.

fuck.

Lack of liveliness

the search function not only posts threads from all sections, it doesn't work period. "dior" comes up with only 91 results, none of which are newer than 6 days old, and there are literally a ton of them on the supermarket. The only real way to look at stuff on the supermarket is to literally scroll through the pages. Argh. Also you can't look up words less than 4 letters. "UMC" comes up with nothing for example.

The most annoying thing is no easy way to see how many PMs you have. That's just retarded.

It's at the top, or do you mean something else?

"you have 874 messages stored, of a total 1500 allowed. (empty folder)"

PM's have been wildly erratic for me. I've had the pop-up telling me about them once, but other times I'll head into supercontrol and there will be a link at the top in there, other times I have to click on supermessages to see if I have any new ones. All three times they are new unread ones so I'm wondering why there isn't one certain way to tell users about that yet.

It's at the top, or do you mean something else?

"you have 874 messages stored, of a total 1500 allowed. (empty folder)"

Naw, like on sufu 3.0, it would say "2 unread PMs" or whatever. Never had to click to supercontrol and then messages to see.

I'm totally annoyed by two things:

1) All threads look like they're just as 'viewed' because the paging is all on the right side. You can't really easily tell if a thread is 2 pages long vs. 200 pages long. This is something that every forum design takes care of in its first iteration.

2) Why do I have to click a link to see if I have new messages? I find myself missing private messages for about a week because I don't want to click Supercontrol. That green light could turn green when you have a private message.... What does it show now... that you're online?

Oh also, searching within a specific forum is a function that would be incredibly helpful.

I hate:

1. Having to click 3 times (supercontrol > supermessages > list supermessages) to see your PMs.

2. The use of the prefix super and the dots

3. The retarded search function

/\___/\

//    ヽ::: \

| (●), 、(●)、 |

| ,,ノ(、_, )ヽ、,, |   4.0, N O  T H A N K  Y O U !

|   ,;‐=‐ヽ :::::|    

\  `ニニ´.:::/

/`ー‐--‐‐—´´\

.n:n    nn

nf|||   | | |^!n

f|.| | ∩  ∩|..| |.|

|: :: ! } {! ::: :|

ヽ ,イ   ヽ  :イ