Riverside

MikeV

Well I got into UCR, at this point I'm not planning on going but I just wanted to know the pros and cons of the surrounding area.

cheap housing

filled with a strong latino / black community

outlet malls are like the only shopping venues

close to morongo

hot weather

cheap housing

filled with a strong latino / black community

outlet malls are like the only shopping venues

close to morongo

hot weather

Aren't most people asian?

riverside sucks balls. i hope you applied to some other u.c.

Yea I applied to UCSB and UCSC but I haven't heard back yet. But I have already gotten into Seattle University and plan on being accepted to University of Washington. Just wondering what it is like.

O well in Princeton Review it said UCR was 40% asian, it doesn't really matter to me I was just asking because someone said it had a strong black and hispanic community.

And I don't know what I want to major in yet. So I want to go to a place with a lot of strong majors.

But at this point considering most people I have talked to and people on forums like this say it is a desert wasteland I doubt I would go.

What's the party scene like? Aren't there a lot of frats?

ayo,

here's the lowdown on ucr:

it's hot most of the year. there isn't much to do out there; there is really only one club to go to (sevillas), and most of the time that shit is wack and filled with some of the worst that the inland empire has to offer. most of the time, you have to rely on house parties to have a good time. in terms of food and shit, there isn't much to offer in the way of mom and pop joints, as more restaurants there are chains. depending on your major and who you kick it with, you could either have a great time or you could be bored as fuck all the time. i always found myself driving out of riverside all the way out to the OC or even LA to have anything remotely interesting to do. in terms of bitches, sure there's a variety, but the most attractive ones are usually taken/ taken up by the lame ass frats on campus.

suffice to say: ucr is not that bad. it really depends on what you make of it. BUT, i highly suggest that you transfer out.