Least annoying retail employee @ a downtown "street" boutique

don't you hate how they always have to say "don't unfold the clothes! They're hanging on the rack to the side!"

why bother even have them there if you're gonna get so anal about people folding and unfolding them. and the rack to thw side never has all the colors. It's a clothing store... it's a natural thing to do when you're looking at clothes for godsake!

Edited by Dolo on Oct 19, 2004 at 08:04 AM

all i remember is the scruffy white guy behind the counter who simply said "no" if i could take pictures of his store. geez, just wanted to have personal pics of shops i visited worldwide. union LA seems to be a bit more laxed.

"and we can find new ways of living make playing only logical harm"

DQM is also cool and laid back--they seem to understand the Peter Pan syndrome beneath the sneaker scene. Same vibe as being in your favorite record store.

Supreme is funny. The employees seem to behave as they want short of outright hostility. Kids are still gonna line up. Funniest was the afternoon I went in and the counter guy was strolling around in the Ozzie loafers blasting the Bad Brains at volume 20.

Alife Rivington is mad laid back as well which is strange considering the vibe the main store has. There's been times when I was psyched to scoop some item up only to change my mind as soon as the retail celebrity behind the counter "celebs."

Famous Friends has a novel and diabolical strategy that contrasts wildly with these other spots: a cute female working the register! I can't stress the power this small difference holds. But I'm heterosexual so whatever.

yeah...most of these stores hire really fucked up people to work there...and because it's not a huge retail chain like Gap etc., the employees aren't trained for hospitality at all and they behave whatever way they want as long as they don't get fired. And coz they know people are still gonna go to their stores again for obvious reasons.

Sometimes when I get really pissed I just mess up some stuff and walk out...one time I just yelled at one of these uber wannabes to suck my genitals and go home with his Marilyn Monroe issue of Playboy and jackoff. I then proceeded to moonwalk MJ style with one hand on my crotch out of the store but as soon as I was near the door I just snatched the copy of mag from him and stormed off like a thief. That'll teach him to show me faces when I unfold the clothes!

I hate everything and everyone.

• 3 weeks later...