Spots to Check in Amsterdam

Amilli

I will be traveling to Amsterdam at the end of March and am trying to find out whats up. I am into Brands likeJ. Lindeberg, Material Boy, Henrik Vibskov, Peter Petrov, Velour, RAF by Raf Simons, Tiger of Sweden, P O U R, Fifth Avenue shoe Repair, KTZ (Kokontozai), and Ksubi Could anyone help me with some nice places to check out?

Also aside from shopping, what is a must to do in Amsterdam ?(minus the coffee shops of course.)

Cheers

-Amilli

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Shopping in Amsterdam isn'that good. Only places worth to check out are SPRMRKT, 2PR and destination shop in my opinion. There's an area called '9 Straatjes' (9 streets) which may be worth checking out. Destination shop is also located there.

Then there is Waterlooplein, which is a vintage market with overpriced stuff. Every Monday morning there is the Noordermarkt, also a vintage market, where you can find stuff for 1 euro. But this also gets more expensive because of the popularity.

Last there is the P.C. Hooftstraat, which is a shitstreet basically, with the designer shops as Louis Vuitton, Chanel etc.

I think Amsterdam is best for smoking a joint and having some fun, but not shopping really. For parties/gigs check out www.melkweg.nl and www.paradiso.nl. There are also some nice clubs, depending on what music you like. And ye, stay off the biking paths haha.

You may want to visit Rotterdam if you're bored with Amsterdam. Some nice shops there. (1hour by train). www.margreetholsthoorn.nl/ sells Acne, Margiela, Vibskov, Bless, RAF etc.

http://www.prague-by-louis-dijksman.nl/ is a good shop, they sell Haider Ackerman, Jil Sander, Dries van Noten, Rick Owens, Ann D, Raf Simons and they have an outlet across the street.

Have fun!

There's an area called '9 Straatjes' (9 streets) which may be worth checking out. Destination shop is also located there.

Actually, Destination Shop is located in Weteringstraat, just off Lijnbaansgracht. It's near Rijksmuseum, not in De 9 Straatjes.

• 1 year later...