internationalsupergayswap '09

tg76

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by what criteria would it be limited?

post /rep /join date? popularity?

it probably is more fun for people to get partners they already know of/have interacted with on the forum.

we are modeling this after traditional "real life" secret santa gift giving.... a key element of those are having rapport between giver and receiver prior to actual gift exchange.

on the other hand we don't need to be limited to recreating real life practices through this event.

just to share experience: on another forum, Head Fi, I have participated in the music exchange they do annually around december. people put their names in, organizer publicly posts randomly determined pairings of those who signed up. Partners exchange mailing addresses and maybe some brief description of music tastes through PM, send each other CDs.

I've done it a few times, has been fun. only once did I actually know the other member before having him/her assigned.

In that gift exchange I think the restrcition of "music exchange" helps people focus creative energy more productively. Last super swap figuring out even what type of gift to give was a little overwhelming I think.

honestly I don't self identify as a well known member of this board, willing to back out of exchange no sweat.

is the main reason not to have more than 70 participants that it will take tg forever to PM everyone (have to wait X seconds between PMs)? or that more than 70 will mean too many lurkers or otherwise undesired members participate?

i think this whole elitest slant on things is lame as hell. we were all new once and i think that people are people. that said, xeno and other filth should not be involved here... but let the people do thier thaaaaang and not restrict based on any non rational bs shit.

i also think bigyen should be put down asap... even if he does not know it.

i think this whole elitest slant on things is lame as hell. we were all new once and i think that people are people. that said, xeno and other filth should not be involved here... but let the people do thier thaaaaang and not restrict based on any non rational bs shit.

im unsure about this

on one hand restricting it to "veteran" members (whatever standards are used) seems kind of like an asshole thing to do

on the other hand the great thing about secret santa is giving to and receiving from someone you know

is the main reason not to have more than 70 participants that it will take tg forever to PM everyone (have to wait X seconds between PMs)? or that more than 70 will mean too many lurkers or otherwise undesired members participate?

I'm helping tg draw and pm and swappers, but I think one of the main reasons to limit the people is time and effort. I'd like to think that everyone who participates actually sends a swap. I went through the first thread, and looking at the packages people got was fun, and a glimpse into another side of trash.

That being said, we're closing in on 70, so hurry up if you want in.

Hai updated list:

1 tg76

2 homi29

3 jeepster

4 hang the dj

5 doctor worm

6 mpcec

7 baguette

8 whitney

9 m1sterko

10 timber

11 diamonds

12 larsssssssssssssss

13 mrip

14 zubin

15 bangbangbang

16 Paean

17 drapygo

18 Tyro1

19 dismalfuture

20 shekki

21 Eccles

22 insidertrading

23 Fabulaz

24 landho

25 e0d9n0b5

26 salaryman

27 newaesthetic

28 James Vincent

29 Cotton Duck

30 __CB__

31 Scais

32 samsikle

33 junglejane

34 ProfMonnitoff

35 Spaghetti

36 AstroWolf

37 mrchariybrown

38 Lab

39 playdisonlyatnight

40 ROYALEFATALE

41 habia

42 JuvenileDelinquent

43 billy.

44 Mr Calvin Oscar

45 LaGourgandine

46 Thorns

47 DaBestSpoona

48 6ixes&7evens

49 Knugget

50 Fookums

51 mrjuby

52 c.r.e.a.m.

53 sungrak

54 xh0llyw00dxx

55 roflobster

56 icandunkonu

57 jane

58 handlethevibe

59 kunk75

60 almondcrush

61 artificialsky

62 oOmegaOo

63 Boston

64 icarus

65 yardsale

66 sybaritical

67 inaya

68 wrl

Let me know if I've missed anyone.

And with this statement:

"also, i don't know who these people are: paean, drapeygo, LaGourgandine, playdisonlyatnight, i don't want to send them gifts"

sawyer (whoever s/he/it is), in or out??

reputation_neg.gif internationalsupergayswa... 02-05-09 01:46 PM playdisonlyatnight i dont want ur gifts bitch

it's nothing personal

i mean, you never know who's going to send something cool

just don't wanna end up shipping some really cool shit to someone who won't appreciate it and don't know me at all on sufu

So you're saying it shouldn't be elitist, yet you don't want to involve people you don't like? That makes plenty of sense.