TOP 10 MC's (No specific order)

BKNY

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you left alot of orginators off. My ten in order.

- B.I.G.

- PAC

- Jay-Z

- Rakim

- Cool G Rap

- Big L

- Nas

- MC Lyte

- Mos Def

- Snoop Dogg

honorable mention

-common

-dela's plugs 1 & 2

We all know it almost impossible to create a list that everyone will agree with but the subject is as varied as the craft, emcee.

Edited by kole on Mar 22, 2005 at 08:45 AM

Edited by kole on Mar 22, 2005 at 08:48 AM

just a couple of additions...

J-Live

Mos Def

Kool Keith

Craig G

Big Daddy Kane

Special Ed

CL Smooth

Guru??...hmm...i gotta admit, he did have some lame verses, but he did also have some pretty good lines on Daily Operation and Hard to Earn...plus, you can't sleep on that voice...

Kool G Rap is one of the kings...no doubt one of the best "storyteller" mcs ever...

spray...

kool keith aka Dr. Doom is hot. I wonder what that guy's on to come up with his songs content. the girls don't like the job / I'm seeing robots / weapons world. But Special Ed is more like 90 something on list of 100.

Umm some interesting list.

OC

M.Def

DJ Quick (Da worst???... please, respect the West)

E40 (Trendsetter)

Andre3000 (Fire)

Keak Da Sneak (Do your research. 3XKrazy!!!)

Devin The Dude (real)

KRS One (real)

Early 90's Ice Cube (real)

2Pac

Honorable Mention

ButterFly (style)

Lauryn Hill

LadyBug Mecca

Pep Love

Suga Free (Pimp Shit)

Nasir Jones

Sean Carter

Jeru

Edited by Ny on Oct 14, 2004 at 04:21 PM

Edited by Ny on Oct 14, 2004 at 04:24 PM

kole...

i hear ya...kool keith is most def on some next shit...even in Ultramagnetic, dude was ahead of his time...

i see what you're saying about Special Ed...but i gotta put him up there...first time i heard the mission, i was bugging out...so i gotta put him on my list...alot of the early late 80s early 90s mcs get love from me...i think it's striclty a nostalgia thing...

damn...forgot about Del...can't sleep on that dude...

too many to name but off the top these are some of my favorites:

Pharoah Monch

MF Doom (Zeph Love X)

Mos Def

Sage Francis

Del

Vast Aire

Rakim

Lord Finesse

Mr. Lif

Chali 2NA

“Isn’t it strange how it’s a fad to bite your idols when the whole reason you liked them is because their shit wasn’t recycled?†- Aesop Rock

Lil Wayne (yall will probably hate but he's 1 of the illest)

Project Pat

Ghostface

Jay-Z

B.I.G.

Trick Daddy

Juvenile

Twista

Lil Flip

Cam'ron

All you underground "real" hiphop heads are going to HAAAAAATE I know it but I'm from the south and I don't get down with art rap...

I ain't terrified from nothing, I'm young wild crazy and disgusting. - Lil Weezy

Foxxx,

c'mon man Project Pat, Lil Wayne & flip? I know you like what you like. But this is list of the best all time. It's cool you represent'in the dirty and all but even someone from south of the mason dixon should now better. If you said outkast or luke or that dude from Atlanta, he's like the georgia version to too short but can't stay out of jail long enough to build a nation following. Even he ranks above those cats on your list. On the real I'd put Hesh (sealab 2021) above those guys.

So....How's your girl?

Kole

Its cool, I knew it was coming...

But I'm not changing it haha.

To me voice and rhythm are the focus in the dirty south. Project Pat and Lil Flip just spit it SICK, even though the wordplay isn't as involved and the topics might not be too high brow. And Lil Wayne... I'm sorry, you obviously haven't heard enough Lil Wayne....... He's ill, and if you have heard him enough and not based it on the few songs you would know. And he's solid all around, his wordplay is siiiiiiiiick.

Basically style matters alot to me, so even if they aren't the most clever, just the way they flow puts them in my personal top ten in terms of who I like the most.

I ain't terrified from nothing, I'm young wild crazy and disgusting. - Lil Weezy

I'm not gonna do a Top 10 best of all time, just my Top 10 favorites for whatever reasons.

1) Jay-Z

2) MF Doom

3) Big L

4) Ghostface

5) Pharoahe Monch

6) Kurious

7) Kool Keith

8) Thirstin Howl III

9) MF Grimm (With the exception of that awful Jet Jaguar album)

10) Devin the Dude

Edited by Dolo on Oct 27, 2004 at 08:36 AM

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...