mechanical pencil

The Moccasin Thread

Any word if those RL mocs are going to hit stateside?

^^^

My crepe soles are holding up great. some of the stitching is wearing through, but it doesn't seem to affect them much.

Here's something I found a bit interesting.

The local Zara, in Manila, is stocking some decent looking tasseled moccasins, which aren't a tall bad, for the price they're selling at. Suede and Nubuck, they come in two colors.

Grey

3906292606_79a033384c.jpg

Brown

3905514487_5427a1244c.jpg

Opinions?

A bit busy for my tastes and I'm not sure about the boat sole....

Hey, does anyone around here own the Russell Moccasin hikers and actually use them for hiking?

I just got my first Russells (Cavalier in french veal from the seconds list!) and the quality is kind of blowing my mind....

Here's something I found a bit interesting.

The local Zara, in Manila, is stocking some decent looking tasseled moccasins, which aren't a tall bad, for the price they're selling at. Suede and Nubuck, they come in two colors.

Grey

Brown

Opinions?

saw these yesterday, quality was meh. would pay 30 at most.

kinda like these customized red wing

woodland301customredwin.jpg

woodland301customredwinc.jpg

woodland301customredwin.jpg

i really want to order a pair of quoddys but by the time i get them, fall will be over and itll be winter..

^^^Thats like the first good thing I've see you post, that isn't a random 1 sentence comment.

Interesting take on the classic Redwing style. Though I can't say I'm fond of it. Moccasin style on a work boot just doesn't look right. That's like driving a hybrid Hummer...

so i'd gotten a pair of the red wing wabasha chukkas over the summer:

redwingwabasashachukka.jpg

as it was hot as all get out, i never really wore them. started rocking them about a month or so ago, and within a week i was already disappointed in them. the stitching on the front of one of the shoes @ the toe started to come undone. the parts of the toe where the pieces of leather come together started to fray, for lack of a better word. the leather lining along the ankle on the inside of the boot came unglued and rubbed against my ankles. also, due to the rough-out leather it was impossible to water/weather proof them without making them look like crap. just sent them back to the website i got them from with a kindly worded email regarding what i see as the shoddy craftsmanship on them and asking for a refund. no way a pair of boots that cost that much, made by a company like red wing should be in such shitty shape with very little hard wear with in such a short amount of time.

i just got these in the mail today:

Picture1-2.png

russell moccasin art carter chukkas, bnib from an ebay seller for a good price. i just put them on and i can already say that they shit all over the bloated rotting corpse of the wabashas. they fit great and will hopefully last me for a very long time.

just a little op-ed/rant/psa from Lendo to my sufu people.

fit pic when i get back from walking the dogs.

:D

I personally don't like the sole of those russel moc's, btu they look damn good.

It's weird to hear about that problem too...

i know, i was really surprised. i think that the regular leather ones would probably hold up better.

fwiw, the wabashas are great looking and were comfortable until i started having "issues" with them. maybe i just got the dud of the bunch or something.

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of HS Trask Gallatin Boots...

Picture1-5.png

They look pretty interesting and they're actually at Urbanoutfitters. This is what they say about them:

"Originating in Montana, Trask boots are hand stitched and created with supple yet durable bison leather. Welted toe; crepe rubber midsole and sole; leather rope laces; deer skin lining. Finished with an embossed logo at the side."

i know, i was really surprised. i think that the regular leather ones would probably hold up better.

fwiw, the wabashas are great looking and were comfortable until i started having "issues" with them. maybe i just got the dud of the bunch or something.

you must've picked up a dud... i got the 5-hole suede version of these from jcrew and they've been great so far. i just need to get them waterproofed ASAP.

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of HS Trask Gallatin Boots...

Picture1-5.png

They look pretty interesting and they're actually at Urbanoutfitters. This is what they say about them:

"Originating in Montana, Trask boots are hand stitched and created with supple yet durable bison leather. Welted toe; crepe rubber midsole and sole; leather rope laces; deer skin lining. Finished with an embossed logo at the side."

I had some Trask boots last year. I can vouch for the quality, but the insole and overall comfortability could be better.

Anyone got pictures of a worn in Arrow Moc

my Arrow Canoe Mocs. I've had them for 5 months. They're comfy. Laces are a mess in this picture though.

DSCF3394.jpg

these just dropped.... sorry if its been posted. think i dig em....

b5fq6a.jpg

1zoc84h.jpg

In a similar light to the Clark’s Original Weaver, Weaver Moccasin create their own similarily styled shoe. The most notable differences include a center seam down the middle of the suede upper as well as waterproof characteristics. The layered crepe sole offers a bit of contrast with the uppers as well as featuring a goatskin lining. Available now at Oi Polloi.