The Moccasin Thread

• 4 weeks later...

so i'd gotten a pair of the red wing wabasha chukkas over the summer:

redwingwabasashachukka.jpg

as it was hot as all get out, i never really wore them. started rocking them about a month or so ago, and within a week i was already disappointed in them. the stitching on the front of one of the shoes @ the toe started to come undone. the parts of the toe where the pieces of leather come together started to fray, for lack of a better word. the leather lining along the ankle on the inside of the boot came unglued and rubbed against my ankles. also, due to the rough-out leather it was impossible to water/weather proof them without making them look like crap. just sent them back to the website i got them from with a kindly worded email regarding what i see as the shoddy craftsmanship on them and asking for a refund. no way a pair of boots that cost that much, made by a company like red wing should be in such shitty shape with very little hard wear with in such a short amount of time.

i just got these in the mail today:

Picture1-2.png

russell moccasin art carter chukkas, bnib from an ebay seller for a good price. i just put them on and i can already say that they shit all over the bloated rotting corpse of the wabashas. they fit great and will hopefully last me for a very long time.

just a little op-ed/rant/psa from Lendo to my sufu people.

fit pic when i get back from walking the dogs.

:D

i know, i was really surprised. i think that the regular leather ones would probably hold up better.

fwiw, the wabashas are great looking and were comfortable until i started having "issues" with them. maybe i just got the dud of the bunch or something.

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of HS Trask Gallatin Boots...

Picture1-5.png

They look pretty interesting and they're actually at Urbanoutfitters. This is what they say about them:

"Originating in Montana, Trask boots are hand stitched and created with supple yet durable bison leather. Welted toe; crepe rubber midsole and sole; leather rope laces; deer skin lining. Finished with an embossed logo at the side."

i know, i was really surprised. i think that the regular leather ones would probably hold up better.

fwiw, the wabashas are great looking and were comfortable until i started having "issues" with them. maybe i just got the dud of the bunch or something.

you must've picked up a dud... i got the 5-hole suede version of these from jcrew and they've been great so far. i just need to get them waterproofed ASAP.

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of HS Trask Gallatin Boots...

Picture1-5.png

They look pretty interesting and they're actually at Urbanoutfitters. This is what they say about them:

"Originating in Montana, Trask boots are hand stitched and created with supple yet durable bison leather. Welted toe; crepe rubber midsole and sole; leather rope laces; deer skin lining. Finished with an embossed logo at the side."

I had some Trask boots last year. I can vouch for the quality, but the insole and overall comfortability could be better.

• 2 weeks later...

these just dropped.... sorry if its been posted. think i dig em....

b5fq6a.jpg

1zoc84h.jpg

In a similar light to the Clark’s Original Weaver, Weaver Moccasin create their own similarily styled shoe. The most notable differences include a center seam down the middle of the suede upper as well as waterproof characteristics. The layered crepe sole offers a bit of contrast with the uppers as well as featuring a goatskin lining. Available now at Oi Polloi.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...