The Moccasin Thread

^^^^ Those are really nice. How old are they? Have you treated the leather? Crepe soles? Can they be resoled?

Any info on these is much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks, they're about two years old worn only around summertime for two (short northern) summers. I've treated with beeswax once maybe, they were pretty well oiled already. Crepe soles and resoleable. More info.

I was about to buy blucher mocs from quoddy and was really amazed to see that these cost 316$ now and they were 144$ about two years ago. I'd definitely take Russell or Arrow mocs instead!!!

They still do, didn't realize that, thanks.

Am I right to think that, since I want something other than LLbean and don't want to pay for Quoddys price increase , Arrow is the brand to be looking at?

these double eyelits look so awesome

img55652541.jpg?_ex=250x250&s=0&r=1

Those look really good. I'd take them over Quoddys anyday (and not just the looks)...

bought these couple months ago

apc-boat-shoes.jpg

and just received these this morning ...

apc-suede-mocassins-penny-loafer-ss-2009-3.jpg

all from APC

I'd recommend shopping with Tres Bien, it's far cheaper after the 20% discount when shipping to non-EU customers. Tres Bien is really killing it w/ their prices.

Direct link:

http://www.apc2.tresbienshop.net/en/art/apc-suede-moccasins.php

Too bad those suede jawns are already sold out in my size. They went fast-- any word on a restock?

they list their restocks when you click the dropdown for a size, not guessing anytime soon on this edition, perhaps w/ the quick response.

I had a really hard time deciding between the 2, they're both dope as fuck. after some soul searching, i went w/ the black cuz i've already got quoddy brown bluchers, and 2 other brown loafers for spring. gotta round it out.

After a bit of a wait my custom Russell Hikers came in today,

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

Pretty pleased with them overall (although I kind of wish I had asked them to run the army studs all the way to the top). But they actually arrived on the day they originally said they would ship, so their early arrival was a little unexpected.

Curious, those Russells are sick.

I've read quite a lot about Russel's lead time, can I ask what yours was from purchase to delivery? I've got their catalog and have thought about getting a pair, but still doing research and haven't settled on a model.

Any info would be helpful!

Curious, those Russells are sick.

I've read quite a lot about Russel's lead time, can I ask what yours was from purchase to delivery? I've got their catalog and have thought about getting a pair, but still doing research and haven't settled on a model.

Any info would be helpful!

I wish I could help but I had mine rushed (so I only waited 1 month). I'm going backpacking soon this summer and I was worried I might not get them in time if I didn't rush the order.

The Suede w/Brick Sole

DSCF8882.jpg

Pic006.jpg

I will be returning these since they just don't work as well with my wardrobe as I thought they would. So, if anybody wants to take these off my hands for what I paid ($210 shipped, which was when it was selling at $178 instead of $218), I will gladly send it your way instead of back to South Willard.

BTW, it's a Quoddy Size 9.

if anyone want's the quoddy trail canoe moccasin

1209064746_quoddy_trail_canoe_moccasin_with_brown_camp_sole.img

they're available at O'Connell's

with the $50 off coupon "50YR" it brings them to only $90.44 shipped

there's only a few sizes left so I'd jump on it

^^ damn. that's a steal. if I didn't have 2 pairs of Quoddy's already, I'd jump on that.