The Moccasin Thread

I have no ill will at all towards this thread. But it's funny how we're in a bit of a pickle here.

In the Mountain boots thread, I (and others) have protested the profusion of work boots, boat shoe hybrid thingys, and other assorted crap. I'm cool with russell mocs in there, but others perhaps are not.

Thus we now have 5 splinter threads each covering their own sub-section of the "rugged footwear spectrum".

I don't really know what I'm trying to say, I just hope that in out efforts to "diversify" we don't put a good thing to bed.

RBW I feel like it was only a matter of time before this was made. It means less traffic for each individual thread but it will make the threads more coherent and on topic I suppose.

That being said, in the last h(y)r collective (issue 8) Ryan interviewed Ken Diamond who makes custom leather goods including Moccasins. I shot him an email for more information as his website didn't include information on custom Moccasins (not sure if he has updated it since) sent me back one quickly with pictures of something like 8 different possible leathers and two different possible styles. Definitely a product to keep in mind.

On another note, I've been wearing my Quoddy boat shoes w/ a camp sole for two weeks now and they're amazing... I want Bluchers, Ring Boots, and some real moccasins w/ leather soles now

how's the sizing on the quoddy's?

really like the look of their bluchers...

I talked to the guy at Arrow, he's really nice. He said that the crepe soled

mocs cannot be resoled which is why I went with the double leather.

i have those same mocs from oi polli and theyre great but have the crepe soles...now im worried that once they break in really nicely the crepe will be completely worn flat..theyre already wearing down and its been only a couple weeks....any recommendations?

how's the sizing on the quoddy's?

really like the look of their bluchers...

I would say if you can go up half a size

do

they are by no means tight and the leather is soft and stretched out where it needed to

looks like Albam have a new Quoddy colab for spring

P1060464.jpg

actually a boat shoe

but who knows where to post these things anymore?

Moccasin fans unite!!

Will throw in www.Yuketen.com , www.RussellMoccasin.com and www.CarlDyers.com into the mix

At the moment I'm wearing my Yuketen hunt boots in brown Chromexel with raw rubber soles. Definitively the softest, cushiest, most forgiving shoes I have every worn in my life....

photo-132.jpg

photo-133.jpg

The hand stitched rubber soles have these really thick oval pads of extra rubber under-heel and forefoot. These are soft, silent and bouncy to wear

photo-134.jpg