Gitman Bros Vintage

fadingblue

I remember reading about this on some blog a few weeks ago. Made in PA by the same family since the 1970's. They make Thom Browne's shirts. All the usual stuff. Their main line(s) are more old man steez but what I read about their vintage line seemed promising. Using fabrics from old catalogs they would recreate older collections (ca. 1978-1980) but with modern cuts. I know Roden Gray stocks their basic blue and white oxfords, but besides there I don't really know of any other stockists? Anyone had any experience with these? The fabric looks pretty good and the collar has a nice roll to it. Priced at $178 CAD at RG, probably around $140-$150 in the us, it seems like a good deal. Anyways, here are some pics:

gitman-029.jpg

gitman-013.jpg

gitman-017.jpg

Here's some Paris capsule collection pics:

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01890.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

DSC01894.jpg

I love the material and the cut on these shirts. Wore one of mine today.

Above was right, look real funny untucked, but why do that to begin with?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought the fabric on the vintage line was supposed to be a bit nicer than their standard dressier stuff. I'd be interested in picking up a white or blue button up if the price was right.

Their fabric is quite nice. It's a washed oxford for a lot of the vintage collection, but they have come flannels, herrginbones and madras in the line as well. All of the patterns and materials are the same from the stocks of 10-20 years back.

The feel at least as good as BoO but I find they fit me a lot better and cost far less.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have one of their short sleeved shirts? I'm really digging the look of it.

• 1 month later...
I just talked to Jesse, one of the owners of Detour in Milwaukee. They have Gitman and ships to Aus

You legend!!

its free shipping also, cant wait till they get more stock in of the blue oxford

• 3 weeks later...

while i don't quite mind the fit, it's decent, the small as fuck neck hole means i won't be buying another one. tack another one down i could have saved more money to buy another BoO shirt. only other shirt i've had worth buying that had the same neck hole as BoO but same body fit as gitman was united arrows beauty and youth