Dior Homme FW 09.10 Paris

beberthur

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, Kris Van Assche has pretty much killed Dior Homme for me. I would still like to see the whole collection but from these few shots its not doing it for me.

They say the third strike hits it, but not in this case. Consider FW09 the final nail in the coffin. Dior Homme is dead.

RIP

lol Dior Homme died after 2004 anyway, when Pete Doherty became some sort of style icon. so shut up, this collection is really not bad (and KVA's smartest so far)

alright here is my attempt at a djrajio-esque review:

Yohji Yamamoto, Raf Simons*

*damn Raf been ghost-designing for just about 80% of PFW, no wonder he's running out of steam

Ironically I thought Kris Van's own AW09 main line is Dior Homme Luster collection x Rick Owens.

KVA just doesn't know how to make Dior look like his own take on it. He hasn't shed all the past associations fully and so long as he tries to continue (whether in spirit or whatever) what Hedi started, he's going to fail. The fact that his own label is so much better (which still isn't saying much) is just proof of the fact.

I think his mainline is better than his designs for Dior.

i thought his line was too similar to RO, it kind of reminded me of diesel black gold. his dior line of course is still in hedi's shadow, but becoming his own very slowly.

*i am being biased toward my own taste and what i'd wear btw

i thought his line was too similar to RO, it kind of reminded me of diesel black gold. his dior line of course is still in hedi's shadow, but becoming his own very slowly.

*i am being biased toward my own taste and what i'd wear btw

Yeah, well diesel black gold was a total ripoff of Rick Owens. If you look at the Luster collection, you notice a lot of the drapery, leather embellishments, and belt accessorization is similiar to KVAs collection...

Guest jhaime9
KVA studied under Hedi for six years, i'm guessing that's a big part of it

so what? does that mean Damir Doma is the natural successor for Raf Simons?

Nicolas Andreas Taralis worked under Hedi, i'm guessing he should have been a big part of it...?

Guest jhaime9
because his designs sell well, why would LVMH remove him?

because KVA sells to a different form of client to what Hedi built for Dior Homme...

it's a contradiction, which is perhaps why on the majority, most die-hard fans of the line want KVA removed from the situation...

but yes, good point...LVMH should leave him where is his, suits me fine :D