loomstate methos?

ngbetter11

i just bought a pair and i have a few questions before i wash them..

how badly will they shrink?

are they raw or just really dark (it doesnt matter too me, but id rather prefer them as really dark instead of raw)?

and are they even any good? i paid 150 for them...but ive never really heard of the brand before, i just got drawn into their whole "organic denim" tag thing, and also the color and simplicity really drew me into them...

http://www.aloharag.com/highseas/assets/images/english/store/men/rogan/denim/l52m1041016cal/l52m1041016cal.htm

theres a link with pics, etc... but i didnt buy them from that site

thanks for the quick replies..

i just have a few more questions, and im just assuming that bumbaclot has a pair, or has some knowledge about the methos i just purchased..

how much indigo will come off on my first wash? i really like the dark blue color on it right now, and obviously they will fade through washes...i just dont want them fading as if they were dry/raw denim..

on the inside of my jeans, it has a "warning" label (thats just what im calling it) which ive seen on other dry/raw denim... talking about "living" in my jeans, etc... ill post the exact thing on the label once i get home...

and finally, should i wash before getting them hemmed, or will the shrinkage not be great enough to make much difference...or you can just give me a rough estimate in inches on how much will shrink...the lady at the store told me that they would only shrink around 0.5-1 inch after my first wash, but im just doubling checking with you guys since you are denim experts..

i know its a lot of questions, but any answers will do..greatly appreciate it

they arent selvedge...

but its really thin...at least compared to my other jeans..

inseam i havent measured, but im assuming around 34-36..caues im a 32 and they were kinda long

i think all the jeans have the same inseam..cause there wasnt anything on my tag identify the inseam length

ok so i measured them real quick..so its not accurate...

inseam is around 36-37 inches..and the waist runs pretty true to size..i dont know why aloharags sizing chart is so different...but i bought a pair in 32 and i did rough measurement and they were around 16 inches in front and 16 inches in back...the leg opening laid flat is around 8.5 inches, the front rise is around 10-10.5 inches and the back rise is around 12-13 inches...they are inbetween tight and "semi-loose"..and they seem to be straight leg...i dont see any bootcut or taper going on at the bottom...

so im guessing a good denim to compare it (measurement wise) would be the apc rescues? never tried them on, but from what ive been reading the measurements seem pretty similar..

nope, loomstate doesn't make any selvedge models.

and as far as i've seen, i've only seen a couple of very rare rogan styles that were selvedge.

-k

Oh wow, I just bought some Methos for 49 at Barneys. Maybe I should pick up a few more pairs and ebay them or something.

Edited by ktothe on Jan 7, 2006 at 10:54 PM

• 2 weeks later...

Thread necromancer in this piece!

I just washed my Methos and my balls hurt - I bought them size 34 and now they feel like 31's or a small 32.

no way lol..

i havent even worn them yet...

how is the shrinkage on the inseam...cause i just got them hemmed...and i dont want to end up with jeans that stop like an inch above my ankles lol..

how did you wash?

i think cold soak or whatever will probably minimize shrinkage... now i get why the sizing chart was so weird on aloharag

The inseam stayed the same, and I did a cold soak before my first wash. Which was also a cold wash. I actually wanted them to shrink in the waist but it was much more than I expected. To be fair they'll probably strech out once I start wearing them again.