Chinese New Years: Time to Kop?

PandaDenim

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give too now, but I still get but surprising since my family be toisan and they be the cheapest of all china people, like they do shit like buy a Mercedes SLK with no AC if that was an option, buy a 20k watch and still eat 3 dollar chinatown combo of lop cheung, egg, and chicken on rice at Gei Gei. I married a J beezy and get envelopes from my j family now, and my j family gets envelopes from my folks.

Another reason I think I still get is because my dad hooked all my relatives on his side up (8 uncles and aunts) and got their asses out of china legally(no golden venture). My mom's side dont give me anything, they be all hk people..

but "som bo fon" is good... rather eat that than abalone...

hk ppl be cheap... my uncles on my dad side used to give me dollars...

恭喜發財, 新年快樂! take your pick of 吉祥話....

萬事如意, 萬事勝意, 生意興隆, 財源廣進, 如意吉祥, 春來福到, 迎春接福, 五福臨門, 新年快樂, 學業進步, 學業猛進, 步步高陞,笑口常開,心想事成,大吉大利, 花開富貴, 身體健康, 恭賀新禧, 金銀滿屋, 青春常駐, 招財進寶, 家肥屋潤, 出入平安, 老少平安, 股票高升, 快高長大, 四季平安, 年年有餘,歲歲平安, 四方貴人, 一本萬利, 一帆風順, 一團和氣, 東成西就, 家宅安寧, 馬運亨通, 龍馬精神, 馬到功成, 連生貴子, 蜜運成功.

hey, can someone who is fluent in chinese [and can type it] pm me? i never learned to read/write [only speak] and would like to send a note to my grandparents who i haven't seen in a few years...

i can probably send a few bucks your way via paypal, any help would be rly appreciated

I'll do it for you, for free, as long as you're willing to copy it and re-write it by hand to the best of your abilities. Mail it to your grandparents.

x-post from What are you eating today. BUT HOW COME NO ONE ELSE IS POSTING DELICIOUS FOODS. [This isn't real CNY fare, I'll post that up later, haha.]

Also, some food I had after I arrived home for CNY...I'll post pics of all that food later today...

A chef I've known for a while gave me some premium Kobe and curry. Decided to make some for dinner.

Thawing.

DSC01977.jpg

This is the curry, he said it takes him 2 weeks to make. Puts in all kinds of tasty stuff like lobster brain, fish, herbs, spices, etc. He wouldn't really tell me everything he put in. He gave it to me frozen to preserve it longer. Pre-heat.

DSC01978.jpg

Damn. Look at how marbled that meat is.

DSC01988.jpg

Coooooookin'.

DSC01994.jpg

My Mom always makes this for Chinese New Year. Excellent source of fiber and deliciousness.

DSC02001.jpg

I admit, the entire meal pulled together looks sort of lame. But tasted so good.

DSC02007.jpg

And dessert. Some hong dou nian gao. I love this shit.

DSC02009.jpg

• 11 months later...