Raf Simons F/W 09.10 Paris

inaya

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like crying, Raf is dead. This is fucking terrible. I would wear maybe 2 peices. + What the fuck is with those runners? Worst Raf ever.

For the record, i love Raf, i think pretty much every collection from 2000 - 2008 is pretty great, I thought this collection might be a return to form after the dismal spring showings, but it seems this is the new Raf, and i hate it.

Looks like he tried too many weird cuts instead of perhaps introducing and perfecting just a couple concepts... comes off as severely under-edited and the construction doesn't look so great, either. When it comes to Raf, I look for refinement and impeccable construction, so needless to say it's a let down.

fuck is wrong with you raf? ugly ass sneakers with suits? god damn you should be banned from color blocking shit from now on. this might as well be jil sander the way he softened the suit shoulders. how come helmut lang can make those arm holster/cage things look cool while these look like shit?

Feel like crying, Raf is dead. This is fucking terrible. I would wear maybe 2 peices. + What the fuck is with those runners? Worst Raf ever.

For the record, i love Raf, i think pretty much every collection from 2000 - 2008 is pretty great, I thought this collection might be a return to form after the dismal spring showings, but it seems this is the new Raf, and i hate it.

I agree with this, but only for the second half. First half is dope. Wish the experimental stuff was cooler.

this happened in ss08 too

everyone cried "raf is dead!"

i promise, look at the whole collection, take it in, take a breath, wait a few weeks, look at it again

next season, look at it again and again and it'll warm up to you, his ideas are always a step or two ahead (or behind... to the side?) of other designers, and are concerning the silhouette, probably the most fresh and original out of most runways i've seen this season so far

geller is a comparable idea-man, but geller focuses on little tricks and combinations instead of big-picture stuff

raf's fw collections are never quite as good as his ss imo... colors/patterns and tailoring are missing in a big way this time around, i guess we'll have to wait until the pieces hit the shelves to see what's up

and did anyone else see this? double-breasted single-button suits? i can see this shit catching on at some point

Even with the kind blurriness of memory, sawyer, I don't know if this will really be a collection to remember. The more traditional stuff is fine on its own, but the latter half really lacks the cohesion of earlier stuff. And how is this:

21.jpg

Worthwhile as a single look? All in all, not a bad collection, just not the creative shot in the arm that I think people were hoping for, especially this season.

this happened in ss08 too

everyone cried "raf is dead!"

i promise, look at the whole collection, take it in, take a breath, wait a few weeks, look at it again

next season, look at it again and again and it'll warm up to you, his ideas are always a step or two ahead (or behind... to the side?) of other designers, and are concerning the silhouette, probably the most fresh and original out of most runways i've seen this season so far

geller is a comparable idea-man, but geller focuses on little tricks and combinations instead of big-picture stuff

raf's fw collections are never quite as good as his ss imo... colors/patterns and tailoring are missing in a big way this time around, i guess we'll have to wait until the pieces hit the shelves to see what's up

and did anyone else see this? double-breasted single-button suits? i can see this shit catching on at some point

no

this argument isn't going to work anymore

this is just downright bad

the whole "wait wait... come on dudes... it's fuckin raf! IT HAS TO BE GOOD RIGHT?! RIGHT?!?!?!" thing can't fly anymore

ss08 was good. i don't recall if i was one of those "OH NOES" people at the start (i remember hating a pair of sneakers but i think i liked it overall) but either way it was a great collection

fw 08 09 was not bad, but not good either, had a few cool pieces. liked some of the stuff i saw in person. puff pocket trousers were especially nice. yarn flame jackets were really cool both in pictures in person

ss09 was boring. i didn't see anything particularly good about it. again, it wasn't bad. but really it seemed like he was losing it.

and now finally

this is bad

he's had bad seasons before (ss07), this doesn't have to be "raf is dead" but really. this is bad.

sorry for long rambling post all.

i liked s/s 07, the color blocked tanks were a rehash of s/s 00. those upper body holster/cages looked good in dior homme, but here it just looks awkward. raf in his prime =/= hot pink.