inaya

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO one of the most interesting collections from Paris

so far. Refreshing, but don't know if "true" young Raf fans

get it, since it's quite perverse and punky in a way - to be

honest the stuff is as modern as his collections from early 00.

Love the suit looks with sneakers, very 90s though but

fits somehow to the context of contepomary fashion,

so quite fresh at the same time. And tailoring of suits, too long

blazers and those wide pants is just amazing. It's important

that the collection is based on self-reflection/ redefining

his own classics (that's probably why it started with suits

which reminds us of his very early collections).

Haven't seen so well constructed looks with so

strong concept for a long time from Raf, really.

Also it's not that similar to the stuff he did for Jil, I mean

it's more like a punky/ or fucked-up version of that stuff,

and not so serious.

a/w 07 was a solid collection and very wearable. don;t know why you guys won;t let him grow up.

it's not really the issue of wearability or letting him grow up; his women's collections for jil sander are mature and sophisticated. the fact that raf and jil sander, lines with completely opposite ideals, have been overlapping for a good 2 or 3 seasons now is evidence he is being spread too thin. this collection is not true nor something he believes in. futurism elements are still present, but it's too non-specific and the progression too artificial

• 2 weeks later...

he's done similar runners before... but mommmmmmmm mmmmmmmm,more successful and big

in s/s 06but

but they were much better and less

maybe hes just designing a collection for himself to wear. kind of looks that way

COUGH OLD MANNNING

but i can understand what he's doin g/// just dont like it or thi keyboard

raf took clothes that kids wore and made it fashion. bomber jackets in all sizes, band shirts, hoodies, new wave jumpsuits. he was so in tune to what kids were actually wearing, which was why he was such an impact. for the past 3 years or so, he has been designing from a perspective of someone who is trying to reinterpret his influences into something new. his recent work is a big departure from what he started with that you don't immediately see his vision, which is why i think ppl are dismissing him

that said, this collection still sucks. his past presentations were really a show, like radioactivity, history of the world, or the one with the escalator. the interactive mirrors are cool to look at, but seem like a big budget production. i think he still has the talent, but he just needs to refocus his ideas to what he does best

Anyone who has said anything about the athletic sneakers, come off of it. The reference, as with the neoprene sleeves/boleros (yes, that's what they are), is to Easton Ellis's American Psycho. Raf is playing with duality; the bespoke-style tailoring of the suit paired with a bolero whose purpose is to... keep blood from splattering your sleeves?

And you can't believe he actually wants anyone to wear athletic sneakers with suits, or for such a trend to catch on amongst his clientele. It's an underhanded comment, like, "nice kicks, banker."

Also, Raf doesn't produce in China (unless the diffusion line does).

couldn't rep but very good post

raf took clothes that kids wore and made it fashion. bomber jackets in all sizes, band shirts, hoodies, new wave jumpsuits. he was so in tune to what kids were actually wearing, which was why he was such an impact. for the past 3 years or so, he has been designing from a perspective of someone who is trying to reinterpret his influences into something new. his recent work is a big departure from what he started with that you don't immediately see his vision, which is why i think ppl are dismissing him

that said, this collection still sucks. his past presentations were really a show, like radioactivity, history of the world, or the one with the escalator. the interactive mirrors are cool to look at, but seem like a big budget production. i think he still has the talent, but he just needs to refocus his ideas to what he does best

Anyone who has said anything about the athletic sneakers, come off of it. The reference, as with the neoprene sleeves/boleros (yes, that's what they are), is to Easton Ellis's American Psycho. Raf is playing with duality; the bespoke-style tailoring of the suit paired with a bolero whose purpose is to... keep blood from splattering your sleeves?

And you can't believe he actually wants anyone to wear athletic sneakers with suits, or for such a trend to catch on amongst his clientele. It's an underhanded comment, like, "nice kicks, banker."

Also, Raf doesn't produce in China (unless the diffusion line does).

i can understand the duality with the mirror theme, but it's more like smoke and mirrors to me. Raf mainline is produced in eastern european countries - romania and macedonia, with a few stuff in italy and knits in belgium by gysemans. raf diffusion is licensed by futurenet in italy

i can understand the duality with the mirror theme, but it's more like smoke and mirrors to me. Raf mainline is produced in eastern european countries - romania and macedonia, with a few stuff in italy and knits in belgium by gysemans. raf diffusion is licensed by futurenet in italy

I liked the collection, but I can respect your alternate views on it - you seem to be speaking from an informed point of view and backing your shit up with good insights. props

• 5 months later...