Junya Watanabe Man F/W 09.10 Paris

inaya

Wanted to post this passage from Tim Blanks' review that left me pretty fucking floored:

By the way, that cues a distinctive feature of Watanabe's shows. Unlike elsewhere, there is no attempt at a sense of momentum building toward a finale. His show is simply a bunch of blokes shambling back and forward (this time around to the whiskey tones of Tom Waits). It's a lot like life.

— Tim Blanks

Damn I guess hard times forces one to up their creativity. His writing this season has been stellar, usually it is just some wrap-up scribbled review, but he had some pretty pithy and dead on statements this time round.

I'm liking it a lot...reminds me of N(N) a/w 08...but more experimental

This is exactly what I thought: "Haven't I seen this before"....

Ironically the prices for N(N) will be much more reasonable....

yeah Junya mens is one of those things in life i just don't "get"

there's a lot i can expand on that statement, but i'll just leave it at the pricing for one.

props to people who pull this off (so far seenmy is the only dude i've seen, Leon Lai wears a shitload of Junya but looks bad in it, Shawn Yue looks bad in it, I passed a dude outside CdG Aoyama decked out in head to toe Junya and looked too affected even though he wore the clothes naturally). But yeah, the whole label is a mindfuck

edit: just like life.