Summer Heights High

costly

PUCK YOU MlSS!

hated ja'ime

mr. g was ok

jonah was the best character

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Can_Be_Heroes:_Finding_The_Australian_of_the_Year

by the same guy

same style

i enjoyed it as a whole more than summer heights, but jonah is better than all the characters on the show

i liked both, but doesn't suprise me to hear the guy is a massive cock.

how well does the humour translate for you non aussies?

Oh, it's hilarious, even though I'm not Australian. I think a lot of the themes are universal, although there are some little things that may not be apparent to non-Aussies, as it took me a while to figure out he is Tongan, etc. Still, the concept translates very well. I think it's frighteningly accurate...and Jonah is a riot.

love this show. only got the first three though. still need to get the rest of it.

teachers at my school are always going, ja'mie, oh my god, you're the most likely to succeed and stuff cuz i'm like the smartest non-asian in year eleven - ja'mie king

it was cool as a non-aussie to learn the regional slang. i think its so interesting that the polynesians are talked about and dealt with in a very similar fashion to blacks in the US school system.

going to have to find copies of his earlier work you guys mentioned, but yes, the faux-documentary format is getting really played out. shit, i even did a short in that style for my high school senior film class six years ago (in the tradition of christopher guest, of course).

"dicktation"

"try-hard asians and povo public housing hoars"