Uniqlo S/S 09

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Opening Ceremony stuff went up on the UK site today.

I only copped the cropped trousers; nothing else in my size. Most stuff is just M and L.

but it was said everything is actually sized down so a M would be more close to how a small or so is cut. at least that is what's being said for tops.

for OC i'm 99.99999% sure there's only medium and large and that's japan/east asia sizing. meaning US small and medium only. all pieces.

like i said i doubt they'll sell out of more than a handful of pieces the first day (if even that).

jil sander, i don't know. the thing that always stood out to me was the combination of cut and fabric; if she can get uniqlo to up their fabric game without compromising on price points it'll be a job well done i suppose.

i was also never under the impression that she had much involvement with jil menswear; for years they were coasting on some of menichetti's staples even after he started reproducing them at prorsum

uniqlo needs to learn how to size stuff and keep it consistent. for those of you that know me, i'm a big dude and i have worn every size from a medium to XL in the oxford. that's one shirt. makes no sense.

if they only do smaller sizes for the OC shit, that makes even less sense.

I found a few pieces from the OC collection I might cop. I haven't yet seen the Jil Sanders collection . Someone please post.

3366509002_91f72f2738_o.jpg

but the navy joint

3366508984_a140f594f1_o.jpg

I wish they had this in heather

but it was said everything is actually sized down so a M would be more close to how a small or so is cut. at least that is what's being said for tops.

that sucks because I wanted a few shirts and was in Opening Ceremony the other day and they had everything I wanted in a medium but I didn't buy or try on because I didn't think they would fit. I decided I would wait til they dropped at Uniqlo with all the sizes but now I'm on spring break and not in NY :confused:

hmmm, to be honest i've never had a problem with sizing from season to season by category and i've only ever had to size up for one piece (tim hamilqo jacket)

in this case i'm guessing either they were too lazy to do separate sizing for the overseas market or OC wanted to keep it euro which is weird because the OC outerwear seems pretty american in sizing from my limited experience

the sizing is asian sizing for sure ( but not for the pants which also came in small which was wierd!) i fit the medium well and i am a true 46, went on sale inthe uk today, and looked pretty good ( iwas the dude in the tux at oxford street if anyone was wondering) Did not think i was going to cop much but ended up with 2 shirts the suit and the cropped trousers becase they were much nicer than i had expected from the pictures (imho).

Also, uniqlo vintage chino's are back and on sale for £14.99 a pair, and they had some "new in" fully made in japan jeans for £49.99 with what felt like 12- 13 OZ japanese denim which lokked nice as beater jeans..

I'm about 5'11" - 6'0" and I wear an XL in Supreme tees. What size should I wear in Uniqlo tees? It's important that I know because I don't live any where near a Uniqlo store, so I have to get someone to do pickups for me, and I'd like to make sure I get something that fits.