Uniqlo S/S 09

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else find that their shirts are incredibly oversized? I bought about 5 different shirts from them (some flannel, some regular) and the tag states size is from 32-35. In reality they fit more like a 36-38 chest depending on the shirt.

On a positive note their hoodies are very good for layering and sized properly.

i'm guessing you're talking about us sizing, in which case if find it to be consistent with other major "high street" retailers like j crew, banana republic etc. the hoodies seem to be an exception and sized down.

obviously if you're comparing their sizing to raf simons or the like, yes they do run big.

btw i stopped by for the first time in a few weeks and am very disappointed in what's come in of the s/s08 collection - i just didn't see any new pieces that deliver anywhere the same (high) quality for the price as such staples as the oxfords and vintage chinos have in the past.

particularly crap items include the lightweight flannels and what has to be the least soft chambray shirt in the world. also the air protection outerwear seems really off for some reason.

on the upside, the two for one denimz deal did break down my resistance to those colored skinny jeans - copped the neutral colors to wear to work

nb - if they did colored pocket tees at a decent length, i would be in hog's heaven

did you check those anorak things they had on the main floor? Sizing is offffffffff by a mile. XL fit like a M. whack.

goin in on wednesday to kopp some basics nonetheless. My wardrobe is steadily falling apart. Busted holes in all my shirts :\

yeah i'll probably stop by early.

did you see that stuff? is it even worth it? i just want the suit jacket and a white shirt.

yeah, the linen jacket is great. matching pants not bad either, 120 for a linen suit - all day.

the buttondown shirts with the built-in pseudo pocket square were garbage, not sure about the other ones though since they weren't on display when i stopped by in LA

Well I got my hands on a linen suit from Japan, the shawl collar jacket and one of the check shirts.

The suit is decent, I mean for the price its pretty hard to do any better. The anorak is fine, pretty much what I expected but possibly a little pricey for uniqlo standards.

I was really impressed by the check shirt, they imbue a slight rustic feel yet fashionable enough for any metropolitan landscape. I would probably get another one and I really dig the zip cardigan too.

youve gotta be dumbtarded. jil sander and uniqlo makes more sense than any other designer meets corporate retailer collaboration ever. the aesthetic hallmarks they share are extremely similar, and fact is, this is a major coup for uniqlo. she'll have her hand in designing for all departments, plus a capsule collection. this is the perfect move for her to make at this point, and i'm sure she's raking in a nice amount of cash. with uniqlo's ability to source decent materials in large quantities while keeping prices low, i see only positive things coming from this.

Agree with the mighty omc. This is the new world of fashion. Everyone is struggling, hip new designers are folding, big guns are scaling back. Lower segment of the industry might become much more important soon. We all know about H&M, now McQueen is designing for Target but Uniqlo just might win the top prize in getting Jil. Not only she is a respected name, so that will bring the fashionistas, she also has the talent to take Uniqlo to the next level without changing much of the brand ideology.

It's possible that she did it for money but I doubt it. She's probably doing ok not to work for the rest of her life and there were probably many high fashion brands that would love her to join. Uniqlo had to present her with an offer that was interesting enough for her to get back to work.

uniqlo just needs to get their basics back on track. when that shit opened, 90% of it was quality as fuck, great cuts and the best vaule in basics period. everything i bought there 2 years ago has outlasted what i bought last season. that and some more projects with people on jil's level and they'll start to stomp out the rest of soho.

of course, the clothes will have to be evaluated, but from a business standpoint, this is kind of fucking genius.

as far as clothes, i am confident that they'll be great, both the capsule collection and, i am hoping, a general tightening and improvement of the core uniqlo line. hell, she's been spotted scouting for fabric at the fairs, this just smells so fucking good.

if womens stuff is dropping it will be a little crazy. i went to tim hamilton maybe 30min before opening and it was a little over 20 people when they opened the door.

i could describe how it will go down but some people might (again) accuse me of being hateful towards my asian friends. max, you'll get your shit. large sizes are the last to go.