Number (N)ine F/W 09.10 Paris

inaya

blah, party pooper. you can that about every designer who showcases on a runway in a major European capital, N(N) is one of the lesser offenders of said aim.

Alright N(N) is about selling $900 jackets to rich Japanese teenagers who have no real need to (who DOES, anyway) rebel, but still want to say, fuck the system, fuck the man.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously want one of those masks. Means I need to find a hat and a wardrobe to wear it with, but still. I love masks.

let's pool our resources and buy a mask and a bunch of this shit and subsequently re-enact that episode of every show ever where some people win a trophy and then argue over who gets to keep it in their house first, destroying their friendship (but later they realize a trophy shouldn't get between them and they recognize the true meaning of friendship).

this man is a genius. purely. he is a mad scientist of the cloth... I am truly stunned by this presentation. There are no words that will do justice to the beauty of his craftsmanship. If I am ever lucky enough to meet him, I will give him a huge hug for being such an inspiration.

this man is a genius. purely. he is a mad scientist of the cloth... I am truly stunned by this presentation. There are no words that will do justice to the beauty of his craftsmanship. If I am ever lucky enough to meet him, I will give him a huge hug for being such an inspiration.

Then you have to drink an entirely handle with him or he will not take your hug as praise.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest barbarian

So when I stumbled upon this thread a few weeks ago, I instantly skipped over it, like I do with Number (N)ine every season. While browsing old fashionisto posts today though, I found the photos to this show and absolutely loved it. Everything that needs to be said has been said, but this totally blows all of my favorite designers' shows out of the water.

I've never looked into the brand before, how is it in terms of getting runway pieces actually produced and in stores? Most of collection, or...?

this is probably a hoax/publicity stunt

never trust the announced retirement in any creative field until you see it. for good. which you probably won't until said person is dead.

You're misreading the situation, he didn't announce his retirement from the creative field but the closing of his brand. In letter too, it's true. Anyway Faust contacted N(N) pr girl (I assume he means Sue) and she confirmed. She handles that shit so she would know

Welp...I hope Miyashita will continue to design clothing under his own name...I'm pretty sure he would....lord knows when tho.

I think that, because of its humble streetwear beginnings, n(n) as a label has reached it's limits. It's probably a good thing to shed the name and lose alot of those damn fanboys in the process....people will take him more seriously without it.

I just hope people continue to back him and he doesn't blend back into the industry like Plohkov did.

I really enjoy this collection and I have even more respect for the designer after reading that he's decided to shut down n(n). I would much prefer a strong final season than the brand to just continue on into mediocrity. I mean how many directors/ musicians/ fashion designers can you think of who don't/ didn't know when to stop and ended up just creating tons of shit.

I wish more people would follow n(n)'s lead.

Just to remind people, Raf Simons shut down his company once.

And look what he went on to do...

It's an industry, it's business,

these things happen, they don't mean the end per se.

I don't know if it is because he's out of breath creatively or if it is due to monetary concerns though. I definitely don't see him retiring to raise chickens but, as of now, the brand is done for. He might take it up again but depending on the reasons for the closure it might not be very likely.