spring '06 LVC info?...

Shorty Long

does anyone have any info on the spring '06 LVC collection? i wouldn't be surprised if the entire line is scrapped here in the US, but i'm thinking someone here would have some info.

i checked out the Levi store in soho, nyc, and they barely had anything...the fall collection was seriously scaled back as far as i know, and i'm thinking that this new "capital e" line is set to replace LVC.

the "capital E" stuff i saw was styled for women only and seemed almost horrible...around $150-175 for jeans made in sweatshops that are trying to copy these tacky, hollywood-flavored jeans that are so popular now.

any time Levi tries to copy someone else it's a bad sign...i think they should stick with LVC as their premium line, but only if they can continue to have their jeans produced here in the US

I have seen the catalogue and some of the examples and think I posted on here before. THis if from memory: the new range includes a distressed 1947, but I presume theyre' keeping the deadstock version too. THere is a nice 54 or 55 deadstock. There is a pretty nice 1933. There is a pretty lousy 1920s-1930s 201, with linen patch but with bizarre-looking pockets that feature the wrong arcuate.

Sorry, I can't remember what the early 501 is, I think it might be a different version of the 1890s jean. There is at least one 60s 501. it's a pretty good range which, if it still includes the 47, is better than the fall one, but doesn't really seem to favour the intriguing more unusual pieces we'd see a couple of years ago. And the flagship pieces don't quite live up to the Indigo Immortal and Nevada early 501s, which featured some of the best wear and disterssing I've ever seen, which I beliueve was done by the Bart Sights laundry. LVC is definitely going through a period of transition (the European fashion director, Gary Harvey, who oversaw several LVC ranges, left last fall) and we shall have to see how it shakes out.

Quote:

what even happened to the lvc fall 2005 line??? only a few pieces ever made it to the stores, and a lot of stuff was hard to find. from what i understand from speaking to a rep, they had some production problems? hope everything is smooth in the s/s

--- Original message by ninja life moves fast on Jan 6, 2006 11:26 AM

It's always a toss-up for LVC here in the states, particularly ever since LVC began issuing a distinct US line, which I think was about 3 seasons ago.

I STILL get the same answer from the Levi store in SF when I call to ask if they've received the full Fall/Winter '05 line..."It should be here next week."

Quote:
Quote:

http://mynudies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=896

--- Original message by rundcrantz on Jan 6, 2006 10:13 AM

Thanks...

I'm assuming this is the "Global" line as opposed to the US line...do you have specifics on pieces that are going to be available...both denim and non-denim?

--- Original message by Shorty Long on Jan 6, 2006 11:08 AM

I dont have any pics on the S/S 06, I have only study LVC limited book that they send out to the stores that sell ther collections. But is loots of slimfit jeans, and tight fit t-shirt. And that is alsow jeans whit sloppy sew up jeans.

presumably you will be going to find some pics at; http://www.lvc.jp/ soon...

Edited by rundcrantz on Jan 6, 2006 at 12:45 PM

Quote:

what even happened to the lvc fall 2005 line??? only a few pieces ever made it to the stores, and a lot of stuff was hard to find. from what i understand from speaking to a rep, they had some production problems? hope everything is smooth in the s/s

--- Original message by ninja life moves fast on Jan 6, 2006 11:26 AM

I hade seen one t-shirt, three jeans models, one sweatshirt from the fall 2005 line. But I not like it at all.

From bread and butter:

"For Spring 2006, Levi's® Vintage Clothing, the heart and soul of the Levi's® brand, retraces the history of Roller Derby skaters and the birth of skateboards. A selection of handcrafted replicas of 1950s and 1960s archival denim is presented in a wider range of finishes per fit than ever before, offering greater choice to retailers and consumers alike."